Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

"The first weeks you depend entirely on someone else.
In my case, I had the help of my wife, who was with me at every moment, even to the point of helping me up at dawn to take pills for the pain, especially the first week, which is pretty, pretty tough.
I got the news at home, my family had just arrived, and I remember that the doctor told me that the ligaments were broken after all, that it was a full tear, and that I was going to need surgery.
My brother was there listening, and he had already suffered the same injury. I looked at him, and HE started to cry, and that kinda shook me at that moment.
To think that something serious might happen to me was tough [for my son]. He knew that something had occurred, but he didn't understand what or why.
Little by little, as time went by, he began to understand. He obviously asked why dad wasn't playing or why he was watching the games at the stands with him.
Even so, being with my family made things easier.
I managed to deal with this in an amazing manner. Like, this thing happened, and I never wondered why it happened to ME.
And then, nothing, when you see yourself start making progress, achieving things, overcoming difficulties, that is really an awesome satisfaction.
Of course, there are times when one wonders, how would I be right now if it wasn't for the injury?
The most important thing is to try to stay strong mentally, then just work hard, be patient.
Obviously there are good days, and there are bad days, when you feel at the bottom of everything. It's tough, there are moments of great pain. 
Sometimes you feel like crying, but the satisfaction of seeing oneself progress, overcoming potholes, is worth every bit of suffering endured during the process.
So, moving forward.

Top man, thank you 👍

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Seems to be a player we are now missing the last few weeks especially against low blocks. His movement and trying create is something we lack and his annoying workrate is a pain for the opposition defenders

I'd much rather have Buendia on the pitch than Zaniolo. 

• Like 1

Buendia would be just a solution for a lot of our problems.

Decent against the high press. A lot of his complaints were about him losing his duels and throwing his arms in the air but he's way more effective than any of our current outfielders bar McGinn and JJ. Consider his pre-season goal and how he turned Tonali in that type of 50/50 pass in the middle that we lost continuously last night.

Eye for a pass. Both building out from the back (he was key in releasing a lot of our players early instead of dwelling and dwelling) and also in the final third. Now, I don't think he was effective in the final third last season either but he would try to make it happen - and we're very risk averse right now with our current set of players.

Pressing out of possession. We have missed this more than we think. Diaby is just not him when it comes to pressing - it takes a certain mindset.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Emi is our creative Jack Russell energy number 10 we miss so bad. 

Now that is the perfect name for him. I will forever see him with a jack russell head on him now. Yapping non stop. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

When he does return, I think we have to be careful and fair in not expecting too much too soon… the lad’s coming off a severe long term injury… hopefully he can get up to speed and help us but… patience will be required…

Personally I'd still write off his season and just get him back via pre season. Less risk of an aggravation and less pressure to perform. 

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

When he does return, I think we have to be careful and fair in not expecting too much too soon… the lad’s coming off a severe long term injury… hopefully he can get up to speed and help us but… patience will be required…

Sad but true.

His style will always mean he loses the ball on occasion. The difference from Zaniolo is that as well as losing it, he does also win it back and more than that he is regularly making the right choice.

He was, as he has said himself, on course to have an amazing season. He'd become key to our style of play and was getting better at it. We never replaced his tenacity, and we've coped without it so far, but his ability to create something out of nothing against a low block we've sorely missed.

Hopes will be high when he comes back but expectation needs to be tempered. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Patience in the first 10 minutes of his return you mean, right?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Patience in the first 10 minutes of his return you mean, right?

If he throws his arms in the air after 11 minutes...He. Is. Getting. It.

Â