Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Can any injury experts offer a view on his return?

He has been jogging on his knee for several weeks now, I would have thought light training should happen in the near future? Be surprised if he's not back in full training before end of season, but then, I'm not the expert. I know we will be careful with him given the nature of the injury, but again he's been running for a while now.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He has been jogging on his knee for several weeks now, I would have thought light training should happen in the near future? Be surprised if he's not back in full training before end of season, but then, I'm not the expert. I know we will be careful with him given the nature of the injury, but again he's been running for a while now.

Was just coming on to ask this.

If he could somehow make a return for the final stretch of the season it would be a welcome boost!

If he's light jogging and importantly feeling no issues then i'd imagine the next phase will kick in rather soon.

I was hoping if all goes well he might be back on the bench for the last few weeks of the season.

Possibly a big ask but it would be amazing to see him get some minutes and help Villa for the last few games. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Running won’t be a problem especially straight lines. He will be starting to apply load to his knee now so running/ impact through the joint. The next faze and most important will be twisting / pivoting on it. I think he’s started that judging by the VR headset activity he was doing.  With that injury specifically it 60% building confidence and 40% building muscle in the quad to support the knee 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

With rehab after ACL surgery, my cautious approach would be jogging at 12 weeks and back to training with the squad at 6 months. Then back to play between 6 and  9 months

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

On 19/12/2023 at 08:01, Villan_of_oz said:

Buendia was a clear example of player massively affected by our poor management regime previously and the constant unwarranted playing of Coutinho.

He would have been a huge part of what we're doing now, I have no doubt.

He'll be fresh and he has an unbelievable work ethic, he is going to be very important in our run in if we are going to taste success.

I can't wait to see him back in the squad!!

He offers that final third industry, that we are lacking.....his movement is missing.

• Like 1

Love him and can’t wait for him to return… has fully integrated into the club too… has no lack of dedication and passion to go with his talent. Likeable guy.

Pleasing to hear that Unai checks in on him regularly… hopefully he’s back soon and can play his part…

3 hours ago, spiezels said:

Would just love the strength and depth having him and mings would have given us this season.

So frustrating. 

Emi may be back sooner than expected, maybe within the next month or so… I remember seeing February mooted some time back and that he was ahead of schedule in his recovery… March/April may be more realistic…

Harder to tell with Ty (more severe injury) but he is also working on rehab but not for as long as Emi has been… maybe we get to see him before the end of the season… good to see him free of crutches and sharing some footage online…

• Thanks 1

Â