Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

35 minutes ago, useless said:

If Leeds get promoted I wouldn't be surprised to see them try and sign him.

Why? Their goal would be to stay up and I’m not sure that appeals to him . Better clubs would be interested in him not that we want to sell him . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

It's not odd at all, it's perfectly logical, Farke had him at Norwich where he did well and was the most important part of Farke's set-up, so not hard to imagine if Leeds get promoted they would try and sign him, they might also look at our FFP situation and wonder if we would be more inclined to sell someone like Buendia rather than say Ramsey, Luiz, Kamara, and so on, we don't want to lose any of our main stars, but at the same time we do have to sell to buy, journalists aren't making that up, it's something Emery has said himself, so whether it be Buendia, or someone else, we are going to be selling some of our first team squad

Our Athletic reporter said back around Christmas time that there's no expectation from the club for him to play any part this season, won't be back until the summer

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Mings, Emi and Ramsey coming back to full fitness next season is going to feel like 3 new signings for our CL campaign.

Hate to be the dog fart in the room, but we're assuming that (in particular Emi and Ty) they will be able to achieve the levels of performance they had pre-injury. That's not a given. 

• Like 2

Might not play but could see him making the bench ala Diego at the end of last year. Even that would be a big boost to morale for everyone.

17 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting video.  He looks quite comfortable doing the sprints to the player makers and arguably fully fit, then seems to hobble back to the central position looking like he has no confidence in his legs. 

Great sign that he's progressing though,  far more intensity in those little bursts than the last video I saw of. The way he plays you just know he'll be desperate to get out there and working towards a bench appearance this season. That would be quite some achievement for him! And hopefully our physios do a better job than they have done with other players of late and don't let him do that before he's ready!

24 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Interesting video.  He looks quite comfortable doing the sprints to the player makers and arguably fully fit, then seems to hobble back to the central position looking like he has no confidence in his legs. 

Great sign that he's progressing though,  far more intensity in those little bursts than the last video I saw of. The way he plays you just know he'll be desperate to get out there and working towards a bench appearance this season. That would be quite some achievement for him! And hopefully our physios do a better job than they have done with other players of late and don't let him do that before he's ready!

Looks fitter than some of those playing on Saturday, get him in. 😉

25 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yeah with so few weeks left of the season, I’d rather they just get 100% fit and ready for next season rather than any thoughts this season.

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Saw this yesterday, and also saw Mings doing some jogging on the grass. Both seem to coming along nicely. Looks like Emi is a little ahead of Mings. But would love to see either on the bench towards the end of the season. No problem in waiting if they're not ready for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Was never his biggest fan but I miss him. I reckon he would have thrived this season with our style of play. He was always at his best picking up the ball in the hole on the turn and that pass has been key to our success this season.

• Like 1

He was arguably our best player in preseason for what its worth and was looking great. I think he would have been immense this season.
He's not perfect but he's got plenty about him and has the heart of a Lion. We've missed him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Given how Unai has improved pretty much every player in the squad significantly, I'm sure Buendia would have progressed similarly this season. Although, I remember in the early games under Emery that Unai spent most of his time on the side line shouting 'EMI! EMI! EMI!' over and over and gesturing where he wanted him to be! 🤣

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He was arguably our best player in preseason for what its worth and was looking great. I think he would have been immense this season.
He's not perfect but he's got plenty about him and has the heart of a Lion. We've missed him.

I think he would have played a lot as the second striker instead of Tielemans. A position he's really suited too because of his high work rate off the ball and his excellent passing ability and eye for a goal. I think he'll really excel there next season. 

Hopefully better luck with injuries next season will give us a deeper squad. 

• Like 2

Â