Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Buendia,  whenever he comes back will be like a new signing with a point to prove.

I wish people could see the positives. We have a lot to look forward to 

I've criticised him loads over the last two seasons but give me him and his risky passes over Zaniolo just running around with hardly any product all day and every day.

Will be back to being a key part of our team next season you'd imagine as not like his game really relies on acceleration with the areas of the pitch he covers.

Just hope he can play a few times before the end of the season to get his sharpness up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I've criticised him loads over the last two seasons but give me him and his risky passes over Zaniolo just running around with hardly any product all day and every day.

Will be back to being a key part of our team next season you'd imagine as not like his game really relies on acceleration with the areas of the pitch he covers.

Just hope he can play a few times before the end of the season to get his sharpness up.

He's miles better than Zaniolo 

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's gonna come back with Watkins having a whole new first touch

I am excited/hopeful that these two can finally click.

I'd love it even if it was a 5 minute cameo off the bench for Emi at some point this season. Like Mcginn Sunday, Emi would be fired up and getting stuck in. 

I'm a big fan. 

Great to see Buendia back training on grass with the ball. The next step will be training with the first team and an increase in intensity. I imagine he is probably at least a few weeks before he gets to that point in his rehab.

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

He's miles better than Zaniolo 

I think you are right and I still believe we have a “ baller “ in Zaniolo whether we get to see this is a different matter, but the prospect of seeing Emi back in the shirt is exciting 

• Like 2

love the fella, he is just the type of player and the type of character you want around a team, a rare talent, tenacious and well liked. I can forgive his faults every day of the week 

• Like 4

He’s closest to our version of Maddison/ Odegaad/ Foden etc. 

We became very one dimension ( wing play / counter attack) since he’s out and Youri/ Luis is not as creative / effective in his position. 

Where he would have made a difference is in his movement and pressing. He also would have made Diaby’s game better too and there’d be less pressure on him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I think you are right and I still believe we have a “ baller “ in Zaniolo whether we get to see this is a different matter, but the prospect of seeing Emi back in the shirt is exciting 

Which proves its not about size or height. 

He's being unfairly overhyped in his absence, which will only lead to unfair criticism if doens't live up to that hype upon on is return. Before injury he was in a similar position to Bailey, that is he had to prove this season that he was good enough for a top six side, so it shall be the case for next season

• Like 1

He was plenty frustrating even before his injury so he'll have his detractors post-injury still.

That being said, sometimes I wish we had non top six Buendia in the side too. Would just solve a lot of the problems we have in the build up.

20 hours ago, Digavilla said:

He’s closest to our version of Maddison/ Odegaad/ Foden etc. 

We became very one dimension ( wing play / counter attack) since he’s out and Youri/ Luis is not as creative / effective in his position. 

Don't know how you can claim this tbh. Luiz's goals and assists have gone up massively this season. Tielemans 100% but not Luiz. 

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Don't know how you can claim this tbh. Luiz's goals and assists have gone up massively this season. Tielemans 100% but not Luiz. 

True , but it’s not fair to compare Luis this season stats to Buendia last season’s as all our players have improved under Emery this season, (oops maybe not Cash) and safely assume Buendia would have too, if he’s not injured. 

7 hours ago, useless said:

He's being unfairly overhyped in his absence, which will only lead to unfair criticism if doens't live up to that hype upon on is return. Before injury he was in a similar position to Bailey, that is he had to prove this season that he was good enough for a top six side, so it shall be the case for next season

I totally agree, I've no idea where this 'Buendia could've been the answer' has come from, I thought he was average at best before the injury, and very inconsistent.

7 hours ago, useless said:

Nah, VT would never do that.

Â