Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Based on what we saw in pre season, where he looked to have bulked up ever so slightly and was more robust/not easily knocked off the ball, then I think we were about to see the best of him this season. We'll never know the difference he could have made but it could surely have only have been positive.

I hope he can get back to the level he was at for his sake and ours. 

• Like 3

Yes, just saw him out running on the field. Great to see, hopefully he can integrate into full training by the end of the season. Come back for pre season raring to go.

54 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Tielemans and diaby have had moments behind watkins but neither have been the right player. 

I'm convinced Buendia would have had a big year for us.

Would’ve been better than both of them… he’s not slow either, unlike Youri… we could do with his tenacity and workrate, not to mention his creativity…

Great to see him back training… any chance at all he could feature in any of the remaining games?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would’ve been better than both of them… he’s not slow either, unlike Youri… we could do with his tenacity and workrate, not to mention his creativity…

Great to see him back training… any chance at all he could feature in any of the remaining games?

All indications are that it's unlikely and Unai himself has said he doesn't expect to see Buendia until next year.

But I'm hoping he can at least make a bench appearance near the end of the year - would be a good VP lift to see him just warming up.

8 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

All indications are that it's unlikely and Unai himself has said he doesn't expect to see Buendia until next year.

But I'm hoping he can at least make a bench appearance near the end of the year - would be a good VP lift to see him just warming up.

Yeah I remember his comments… just that… Emi’s injury seemed a bit less severe than Ty’s and he had been ahead in his recovery and/or rehab so maybe there’s a slim chance… I dunno… would be lovely…

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Tielemans and diaby have had moments behind watkins but neither have been the right player. 

I'm convinced Buendia would have had a big year for us.

It's always easy to build up a player to far greater importance when a long absence happens 

In this case, however, I'm absolutely certain he would have been way more effective in the 10 role than either Tielemans or Diaby have been 

Hopefully he'll be back and fully fit for the beginning of next season 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I despise what that injury has robbed us of this season.

Is it too far fetched to say we would have genuinely ended up competing for the title if none of our players had gotten injured? 😁

Just imagine Mings, Buendia, Kamara, Ramsey and Moreno all and regularly in the side and continuing from last season… we would have been STRONG 💪 

Emi’s looked ace in pre season too, especially that game against Newcastle… much prefer him to Tielemans…

Oh well… we’ll still end up having have our best PL season in yonks regardless… but the injuries and suspensions in central midfield have really hurt us… was bad enough losing Bouba but not having McGinn for 3 games is going to be really difficult to contend with…

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is it too far fetched to say we would have genuinely ended up competing for the title if none of our players had gotten injured? 😁

Just imagine Mings, Buendia, Kamara, Ramsey and Moreno all and regularly in the side and continuing from last season… we would have been STRONG 💪 

Emi’s looked ace in pre season too, especially that game against Newcastle… much prefer him to Tielemans…

Oh well… we’ll still end up having have our best PL season in yonks regardless… but the injuries and suspensions in central midfield have really hurt us… was bad enough losing Bouba but not having McGinn for 3 games is going to be really difficult to contend with…

If we'd had had a normal injury season then yeah, I think we'd be outside bets for the title right now, and top 4 would be a certainty.

Â