Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

Never go to South America or the Mediterranean, for your own sake.

Or indeed across the channel.  MERDE!!

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can't wait for him to get back after a terrible, lengthy injury with no pre season or even run of games under his belt and people start to slate him for not playing like prime Messi. 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

for me he is the best through ball playing player we have. I also think he will be coming back into the team to support a better Watkins than previously. The way Watkins has been staying central and playing off the shoulder of the last man has been phenomenal. If these two get clicking it could be very profitable

spacer.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

Can't wait for him to get back after a terrible, lengthy injury with no pre season or even run of games under his belt and people start to slate him for not playing like prime Messi. 

That'll fit in with what he's shown so far then.

I'm just hoping for no throwing arms around whining.

I love him

SG was just a stupid t***

Playing and favouring Coutinho regardless of form or even fitness…

Emi would come on and impact games… never kicked up a fuss either n was barely rewarded for it..

Loved that goal vs Everton at VP, the one two with Ollie… changed and won us that game, for instance. Also now reminded of his header at Goodison when their fans were lobbing bottles n stuff at our players…

The wonderful move and ball to Ings for the goal against Brentford…

A key and integral part of the side once Unai arrived, such a creative yet tenacious player. He has a great attitude and work ethic… fiery little guy 😆 but so much technical quality to go with it…

Loved his performance vs Newcastle in preseason and was so excited to see further improvement in him this season but… the injury put paid to that…

I love his “through ball ability” and willingness to use it… he craves creating chances more than anything… what a player… can’t wait to have him back!

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I love him

SG was just a stupid t***

Playing and favouring Coutinho regardless of form or even fitness…

Emi would come on and impact games… never kicked up a fuss either n was barely rewarded for it..

Loved that goal vs Everton at VP, the one two with Ollie… changed and won us that game, for instance. Also now reminded of his header at Goodison when their fans were lobbing bottles n stuff at our players…

The wonderful move and ball to Ings for the goal against Brentford…

A key and integral part of the side once Unai arrived, such a creative yet tenacious player. He has a great attitude and work ethic… fiery little guy 😆 but so much technical quality to go with it…

Loved his performance vs Newcastle in preseason and was so excited to see further improvement in him this season but… the injury put paid to that…

I love his “through ball ability” and willingness to use it… he craves creating chances more than anything… what a player… can’t wait to have him back!

Obviously he was yes.

Buendia had most of his best appearances at Villa under him though.

Because he took the game by the scruff of the neck and would try to win us games. In amongst a mess of a side.

Under Emery he mostly struggled in the formation for me. Never got a run of form together.

• Confused 2

He's got the technical ability, just not the intelligence. He is possibly the best player in our squad in terms of vision and playing a through ball (although Tielemans and Luiz might disagree, maybe even McGinn), but that's just because we don't have any other advanced playmaker (or number 10) in our squad which is basically what Buendia is. He works hard too, but his output is nowhere near the other top players in that position (Maddison, Fernandes, Odegaard) and he loses the ball far more cheaply than they do.

His injury was a shame but I don't think he would be getting in our starting 11 often this season, he'd definitely improve the matchday squad because he'd be a very good option off the bench but not a starter for me. In the summer I'd like us to be looking at players in his position and trying to improve on him which I think is very possible if we are willing to invest in that position.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We were top 4 form last season since Emery took over and Beundia played every game. This is nonsense take

If we're winning, are all players playing well all the time?

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

His through ball spotting (and executing IMO) is top class. Just a shame he can't dribble a bit, but he'd still be in my side! Big fan.

Can’t dribble?? Ok, he’s not the best at that (more of an attacking playmaker, not a winger) but… he can manage at least…

and can body a player too 😂:

spacer.png

• Like 2

For those that criticise and write him off… when players like McGinn and Bailey have risen in form and levels under Unai… why not Buendia?

I’m sure he would’ve been better and more effective had he not got injured…

Seems kind of cruel to constantly slate and criticise him while he has been out too… he’s a dedicated and hard working player who has “bought in” to the club… deserves a bit of respect.

At least Unai values him… I’ll trust his opinion of anyone else’s…

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

In John McGinn's last 78 games, he has 8 goals and 9 assists. Should he be a bench warmer too? Or does McGinn being cheaper have some bizarre relevance to performance?

I mean, you could argue anything with 'FACTS'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

For those that criticise and write him off… when players like McGinn and Bailey have risen in form and levels under Unai… why not Buendia?

I’m sure he would’ve been better and more effective had he not got injured…

Seems kind of cruel to constantly slate and criticise him while he has been out too… he’s a dedicated and hard working player who has “bought in” to the club… deserves a bit of respect.

At least Unai values him… I’ll trust his opinion of anyone else’s…

I think Buendia would have been a big asset this season. Especially as an alternative to Diaby alongside Watkins to drop deep and form one of the 10s, his pressing and defensive workrate would be a big help in certain games. Also against low block teams having him and Tielemans in the same team with Pau fit too. They have the skill to unlock with quick passing and he is a good finisher too.

Buendia would be doing great in this side for sure

• Like 2

Coming into his peak at 27, and with a master in charge, we've potentially got a really unique and special player and top professional to come back into the fold. I think I've just coined a new phrase or something, so feel free to use it but please credit me whenever you do: It'll be like a new signing™.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I miss the Moreno-Luiz-Buendia linkups. Joy to watch.

Yep I can't wait to have him back even if it's just off the bench for the first few weeks.

I really think we were missing someone like him against Sheffield United to provide that bit of craft we needed to break them down

• Like 2

Â