Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

48 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Unpopular opinion but I think he'll be playing LW and Bailey RW. 3 in the middle.

I don't care if they played on opposite wings. The modern game is inverted wingers.

Buendia can use both feet anyway, not sure it matters which side he plays on.  Assume he is more comfortable on one than the other but having watched a lot of his highlights it is difficult for me to tell which one.

The future game is wingers that are forwards and that all have a largely free role. We have the players to play this. 

56 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Unpopular opinion but I think he'll be playing LW and Bailey RW. 3 in the middle.

I don't care if they played on opposite wings. The modern game is inverted wingers.

In the little training clips (not the London ones) they released when they were first back, he was playing/scoring from the left hand side. I know it's just a short snippet but it was something I noticed. 

The good thing is that we have multiple players who can play in a variety of positions so whilst we are guessing where everybody is going to be playing, so will the opposition. 

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I agree. 

If we can buy a brilliant no.10 to play in between Buendia and Bailey then I think we’ll be a major threat to every team in the division. 

I actually think Chukwuemeka could have a breakout season as well but it’s important we don’t expect too much from the youngsters. They need to be brought in slowly and given minutes here and there and in cup games. 

A couple more quality signings and I’ll be firmly in the ‘Jack who?’ camp. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Don't worry about the wings.

Cause Orange Danny Ings ... Is gonna be alright.

Just soent the last 20 mins watching a couple of videos and any worries i had about the new season have disappeared. An absolutely terrific footballer and one who has consistency to his game. He wont be great in 1 game and shite in 5 . It will be the other way round. Will be the new heartbeat of this team . 

1 hour ago, catanzaro said:

Do we know if he is fit for the weekend?

After missing the last two games of pre-season I'd be highly surprised if he played at the weekend.

Even if he's back to fitness, at most I could see Smith leaving him on bench.

Think it's more likely we have to deal with Traore and El Ghazi starting...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

After missing the last two games of pre-season I'd be highly surprised if he played at the weekend.

Traore’s not fully ready yet either. Young on the right I think, or JPB. 

Edit: What @PeterSw said ^^

Edited by Awol

57 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'd like to think they'd be capable of beating Watford at this stage of our progression. It would be nice to see some of our second string proving we have legitimate squad depth these days, and I've seen enough to believe they are capable.

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's all over the official Twitter, he's starting

I'd be surprised, honestly. I reckon he'll make an appearance though.

Â