Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Really hope he is fit and ready for the watford game. Those first few games are winnable and would get the ball rolling nicely. We don't want to drop points against teams that we will look at towards the end of the season and say "how did we not bear them?!"

I'm going to be gutted if he's not fit for Watford. With our early fixtures we really have the chance to hit the ground running. 

It might be after that first International break that we see all our new signings starting together. 

• Like 1

Has there been any actual news from the club about the fact he's injured? We have worked out from his absence at the last two friendlies, but has the club said anything at all?

Anyone know if its a knock, a strain or something more serious?

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Has there been any actual news from the club about the fact he's injured? We have worked out from his absence at the last two friendlies, but has the club said anything at all?

Anyone know if its a knock, a strain or something more serious?

Think a guy of villa TV said he had a knock. I'm guessing but thinking/hoping this is just a precaution by the club as he is to be so important to us

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Think a guy of villa TV said he had a knock. I'm guessing but thinking/hoping this is just a precaution by the club as he is to be so important to us

Let's hope so.  Would be just our luck to be missing 2/3rds of our Grealish replacements for the first game. 

Bailey should at least be up and running very quickly once he's out of isolation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if he can play off the left. Would solve a lot of the things I moan about incessantly if he can!

Nah Ollie will be playing on the left 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder if he can play off the left. Would solve a lot of the things I moan about incessantly if he can!

I'd imagine so. He played predominantly from the right for Norwich but did his best work roaming more towards the centre in possession. No reason he couldn't do the same from the other side, as it's not like he was a touchline hugger anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He can. Played primarily as a LW or AM before signing for Norwich. Got 7 goals and 5 assists as a LW (0.45 per game) compared to 24G and 43A (0.57).

Although I would wager those differences in goals and assists come from Buendia improving over time and Norwich being the best club in the championship playing worse quality.

In fact if I was to guess which position he will play most this season it would be LW or CAM (depending on what we do with Ings - I'd assume play him or Watkins as a SS with more tracking back responsibilities). As Dean Smith likes inverted wingers so I think Bailey will play on the right and Buendia on the left. Traore and El Ghazi will be their backups. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He will play free role in middle see Walsall game. Think Paul Scholes but favouring the right

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â