Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

There’s 100% room for both Emi and Phil in the same team. You play your best players regardless. But Emi needs to be first name on the sheet imo. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we quite simply need to find a way to have them both in the team, for me, the two of them are our best 2 players, by a fair margin.

For me, the front 3 needs to be Coutinho, Ings & Buendia, in some form or way.

Or....maybe even Buendia in the midfield 3 somehow.

But regardless, both Couts and Emi need to play.

Not for me mate. Ings-Watkins need to start and there's room for one player in the hole. I'd prioritise Buendia for that role tbh - his work rate is far superior and that makes up for any area that he isn't quite as proficient in IMO. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yep - build the team around Buendia.

Not Ramsey?

I'll get shot down, Buendia played well, but nobody will convince me he is a better player than PC. ut its all about having a good squad and i am more than happy to see both Emi and PC playing well.

A really good "busy" performance with loads of quality involved.

Emi's play is also emphasised because Ings makes such intelligent runs to pick out. 

They have a good understanding.

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Not for me mate. Ings-Watkins need to start and there's room for one player in the hole. I'd prioritise Buendia for that role tbh - his work rate is far superior and that makes up for any area that he isn't quite as proficient in IMO. 

I agree. 

8 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Not Ramsey?

I'll get shot down, Buendia played well, but nobody will convince me he is a better player than PC. ut its all about having a good squad and i am more than happy to see both Emi and PC playing well.

Not many players are 'better' than Coutinho when he's on it, really, but the guy is a bit inconsistent and can fall into the luxury bracket quite easily. Buendia's not actually at his peak yet and not only is he technically very good, his tenacity and work rate is top notch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

For me, the front 3 needs to be Coutinho, Ings & Buendia, in some form or way.

I think today showcased some of the best of Ollie too. By playing Coutinho over any of them we lose a lot of hustle which I think is very important to a team not in the 'big 4'

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

There’s 100% room for both Emi and Phil in the same team. You play your best players regardless. But Emi needs to be first name on the sheet imo. 

I think they're the same player. Emi offers more with his workrate 

I'm not sure it will work with the both of them. We never looked great when we've tried it. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think they're the same player. Emi offers more with his workrate 

I'm not sure it will work with the both of them. We never looked great when we've tried it. 

Said about Watkins and Ings for a large portion of this season.  I would hope we can incorporate Buendia and Coutinho into our team somehow given they are both brilliant talents.

41 minutes ago, May-Z said:

A really good "busy" performance with loads of quality involved.

Emi's play is also emphasised because Ings makes such intelligent runs to pick out. 

They have a good understanding.

The weight of that pass to Ings, you can not teach that 

• Like 2

3 goals and 6 assists in under 19 matches worth of minutes in the league.

If that was extrapolated across the season as a whole, that would rank somewhere between what Grealish did in our first season back and the rate of his curtailed second season. 

• Like 4

I love this guy, when you see him pick up the pocket of space he did for the assist you already know exactly where it's going before he even receives it, makes it look easy but the weight and angle on those through balls is something most players struggle to do at all, much less with the frequency he does. He was just lacking a ruthless streak previously in terms of scoring himself, hopefully he's on the right track in that sense after today.

• Like 1

Never been his greatest fan but he’s deserves to start the remaining games. Can see him being a big player for us next season if we get the right players around him in the summer. 

That assist was tremendous. His first touch with his right takes a slightly overhit ball down and into the path of his left, where his next touch is that inch-perfect through ball, all while on the move.

Wanted him for ages when he was at Norwich, now we have him, absolutely love the guy.

I've not seen many players at all spot a through ball as quickly as he does. And then his execution and weight of pass is normally superb. He's a likeable character, has a natural workrate, and he's going to be absolutely crucial for us.

Anyone who didn't rate him early on, I just don't understand it if I'm honest. But maybe I had an advantage as I knew just how good he was from his Norwich days.

Class is permanent!

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

Â