Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would have picked him for his off the ball graft alone regardless of what he did on it vs Burnley 

Baffling decision

Can't even say its coutinho vs Liverpool either as he didn't start Emi vs Norwich 

Cout's is a mate innit and one of the boys innit.

Edited by rodders0223

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would have picked him for his off the ball graft alone regardless of what he did on it vs Burnley 

Baffling decision

Can't even say its coutinho vs Liverpool either as he didn't start Emi vs Norwich 

Very good point - his off the ball work rate would set the tone. Bring him off having put a shift in after 60 mins. Shocking decision this. I’m not against bringing Coutinho back in for obvious reasons, but not at the expense of Buendia. 

3 minutes ago, will87 said:

He'll start the weekend. He was never benching Coutinho two games in a row and as both strikers scored last game they were both starting.

why not? Thats poor management if you ask me

If he doesnt have the guts to say Coutinho your on dropped then he is in the wrong job

• Like 2

Great cameo against Norwich.

MOTM against Burnley.

Dropped for Coutinho, who let's face it has been underperforming.

I don't agree with it, don't understand it, and these kinds of decisions are what really irk me with Gerrard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Good managers are good at managing players. You always see it. 

Take Konsa, he had a mare against Spurs and we all said he needs to be dropped. Gerrard said to him, you are playing against Leicester so forget about that Spurs performance and go show me what you can do. He does well, gets the clean sheet. Then when he gets dropped for next game and Chambers is given a chance, he understands it's because his form hasn't been as good as he wanted but at least he played well in his last game and will get another chance soon. While Chambers gets his chance to impress still just a game later than people thought he would. 

Same goes for Buendia and Coutinho. Buendia was given his chance to impress on weekend and he took it. No Coutinho comes back in and has to raise his game or it's Buendia starting against Palace. It's what quality man managers do. 

Some of our fans comments today and their "outrage" at Buendia not starting are really short sighted 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Will he???

I think he'll have been promised a start on the weekend, Gerrard is an arm around the shoulder type, he wouldn't just drop him like that.

Love his heart and his competitiveness. Gutted for him but i do get it. Theres normally no room for sentiment in professional sport. But with it being Liverpool i do get why Phil is starting. Emi has 4 years left on his deal. Phil is on loan for 4 more games. Lets get Phil signed and then if Gerrard does the same favouritism next year we can smash him for it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Love his heart and his competitiveness. Gutted for him but i do get it. Theres normally no room for sentiment in professional sport. But with it being Liverpool i do get why Phil is starting. Emi has 4 years left on his deal. Phil is on loan for 4 more games. Lets get Phil signed and then if Gerrard does the same favouritism next year we can smash him for it

Why is that? Buendia didnt start vs Norwich

Its not like Liverpool fans have great love for Coutinho after he got abused on his last trip to Anfield by the fans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why is that? Buendia didnt start vs Norwich

Its not like Liverpool fans have great love for Coutinho after he got abused on his last trip to Anfield by the fans

We dont have a norwich legend managing us. Didnt know about the animosity towards Coutinho especially as it was the money that got them v diyk and Allison . ( just read up and he was claiming a bad back when he wanted to go to Barca. .. now i get why they wouldnt like him ! ) 

Shit decision but i get it 

Â