Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

• 5 weeks later...

A nice little Villa kit related article here: https://museumofjerseys.com/2021/12/16/first-time-shirts-aston-villa-1990/

What counts as your first football shirt? I don’t mean to apply frustrating fine margins to this piece before I even start, but the line between replica and rip-off can sometimes be VAR-thin. There would have been plenty of young Arsenal or Everton fans walking around in the sixties and seventies for whom a simple long-sleeve jersey did the trick, and who wouldn’t have felt the chill of an appraising eye until the weird and wonderful departures from those solid blocks of colour forced the issue. But the question’s an important one. Is it just colour that makes your shirt, or is it the sponsor, the league badges, the intricacy of the knit? Or something more intangible woven into the fabric?

Even though it would have been slightly harder for an Aston Villa fan to source an off-the-peg version of the famous claret and blue, any approximation would have been helped by the fact the basic home template hadn’t changed since the turn of the century, the varying cut of the collar notwithstanding. But by the time of my first game in the late 1980s, the classic lines which had reached their apex in the sublime designs of the title- and European Cup winning seasons were long gone, blurred by polyester. Our form seemed dyed into the ill-considered colours, the slide beginning with the acquired tastes of the later Le Coq Sportif-supplied kits. Any fan knew as soon as they clocked the truly horrific Henson efforts that relegation was a certainty. Even the club seemed embarrassed, removing the badge and opting for an apologetic ‘AVFC’ near the left shoulder.

My Villa Park debut happened

How reliable is the estimated delivery date that is supplied?

Ordered on the 15th December, got an Email to Say Despatched on 16th December.

Estimated Delivery Date :  28th December!!!!

I know Im in Northern Ireland so takes a bit longer but not 12 Days.  I had wanted this stuff for a Christmas Present.

Doing a spring clean and found about fifteen old Villa jerseys. The white and purple checkerboard away one. That manky illuminous green one. Some of them literally never worn because they were presents that didn’t fit me.

I’ll keep one or two but let’s be honest I’ll never wear most of them. Is there a better way than eBay to find them a new home? Any tips of getting rid?

40 minutes ago, Enda said:

Doing a spring clean and found about fifteen old Villa jerseys. The white and purple checkerboard away one. That manky illuminous green one. Some of them literally never worn because they were presents that didn’t fit me.

I’ll keep one or two but let’s be honest I’ll never wear most of them. Is there a better way than eBay to find them a new home? Any tips of getting rid?

Classic Football Shirts buy old jerseys.  Not sure how much you would get though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

You could donate them to Ghana Lions

This is a lovely idea.

One of the shirts was birthday present that was just too big for me. So if anyone sees some lad in Ghana walking around in a Villa shirt with “Enda #30” on the back of it you’ll know how that one happened.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 16/12/2021 at 23:48, Stratvillan said:

Anyone want a xxl villa top? Just had one delivered, unfortunately I had ordered a 14 Yr olds white training top!!!

Fanatics are bloody useless!

I ordered a L retro shirt, got an M. I'm abroad so sending it back would be a nightmare. Proper shit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...