Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

To which lion?

spacer.png

On a side note. It really is interesting to see how the smallest of changes can really throw off the balance of a design though.

Modern/present.

11 hours ago, est1874 said:

It was a joke based on someone saying the kit reveal was imminent yesterday. We were bandying about other possibilities - immanent, impotent, eminent....... the joke hasn't quite landed, despite emanating with the best of intentions 😏

Back at you.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Just got it, and it just about fits. Still kind of tight which I find incredible. I'm 185cm/70kg so pretty slim and even a 2XL is slightly uncomfortably tight given that I'm not super athletic. What the hell are people supposed to do with these if they aren't athletic? The Pro Kombat shirts are so much better than the Stadium ones it isn't even close, but I imagine they don't sell that well because of the above problem.

Being 183cm 93kg and a 46" chest I guess I'm needing XXXXXL then. 

That's not at all depressing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Sorry, not a fan. Lost it’s sheen and class.

Sheen, in its literal sense, is the wrong word actually. Maybe quality.

Bit more subdued and understated colours made it more classy though I can’t argue with the enhanced claret (maybe not so bright).

The yellow stands out too much and is too odd, it cheapens it imo.

Btw, I love stitched badges/crest if done to a high standard.

Rather than the rubberised crap.

I disagree, we’ve never had a blue lion, it’s always been claret or yellow. Blue lion looks too Burnley/Wet Spam for me. For me the yellow lion stands out in a good way, it gives it precedence and has flashes to the 94-96 league cup winning kit. Each to their own though :) 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

I disagree, we’ve never had a blue lion, it’s always been claret or yellow. Blue lion looks too Burnley/Wet Spam for me. For me the yellow lion stands out in a good way, it gives it precedence and has flashes to the 94-96 league cup winning kit. Each to their own though :) 

Doesn’t have to be blue, could be silver or dark gold… a classy gold would look much better than yellow, I think I’d prefer silver personally.

We haven’t always had a yellow lion and we needn’t stick too closely to tradition and forsake better designs…

We could do something different or even more traditional for the sake of a commemorative or limited edition shirt.

Even something like this would look better than a plain yellow lion that clashes with the rest of the shirt, plus I think you’d need to match up the colour with other parts such as the number:

spacer.png

But sure, each to their own. We all have differing opinions 👍

7 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I agree with you in terms of aesthetics, but to play devil’s advocate…

It’s a dumb idea to change the badge right now as a club on the rise. We’re trying to build an international brand, and are gaining traction. The last thing you want to do in such a situation is change your logo. 

You can do it once you’re well established, you can change it when you’re at the bottom and want to start a new era, but changing it now kills our recognizability.

I just think changing the lions colour is all we need to do tbh. We should still basically look the same. It just won't blend in with the blue background anymore. 

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

To which lion?

spacer.png

On a side note. It really is interesting to see how the smallest of changes can really throw off the balance of a design though.

While I think the dates on those badges are messed up a bit, I’d forgotten how good the (on that chart) 1970-1980 and 2000-2007 badges looked. 

Edited by Ingram85

Can someone mock up an Argentina style third kit?  Light Blue and white stripes in homage to our growing Argentinian contingent. Suits our colours too and would do something similar to the marketing ploy wolves had with their Mexican and Portuguese third kits.  Would help us become big in South America with this idea. 

My team in Spain, Real Betis have been trying to get out of their contract with Kappa for a couple years now but they've have a contract where Kappa are allowed to match any offers from other brands and if they do they get an additional year to their deal. This runs to 2023 apparently. This summer both Hummel and Macron have made offers that Kappa have matched but now a 3rd offer has been made from another brand that is supposedly too high for Kappa to match.

Does speak volumes thou that Betis are so desperate to get out of the deal, and it's not just due to money. These ones are not great

The second and third Betis shirts are filtered for the 21-22

Not sure it's down to Kappa that our kits are fashionably late, that's very much Villa tradition.

1 hour ago, sne said:

My team in Spain, Real Betis have been trying to get out of their contract with Kappa for a couple years now but they've have a contract where Kappa are allowed to match any offers from other brands and if they do they get an additional year to their deal. This runs to 2023 apparently. This summer both Hummel and Macron have made offers that Kappa have matched but now a 3rd offer has been made from another brand that is supposedly too high for Kappa to match.

Does speak volumes thou that Betis are so desperate to get out of the deal, and it's not just due to money. These ones are not great

Not sure it's down to Kappa that our kits are fashionably late, that's very much Villa tradition.

Apart from the white strip up the side of the body on the blue one… I actually quite like both of those! 😳  I do love a round neck though tbf.

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Apart from the white strip up the side of the body on the blue one… I actually quite like both of those! 😳  I do love a round neck though tbf.

Wow when I saw them my reaction was

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Same collar as our 'leaked' kit in both of those. Lends credence to the leak doesn't it. How depressing. Shit manufacturer, shit sizing, shit kit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Looks like it's the same dude modelling our kit too :lol: 

If that's real then I think our leak is real too. Same exact template.

You're not wrong. Interesting (and disappointing) development.

On 09/07/2021 at 19:58, Jas10 said:

I would love something like this… we need to commemorate the 40th anniversary of our European Cup win and  maybe even the league title preceding it…

A special, one off design:

Is this a legit site if I fancy a shirt from them?