Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

Went to the webstore to purchase a training shirt, since they're somewhat nicer than the leaked matchday kit which I've no intention of purchasing this year, but find that there is a "Handling" fee applied... on top of a €8.45 shipping fee which I can just about stomach

Hovering over the info icon tells me the following: "A handling fee is added on an order to cover warehouse storage cost and packing cost."

Now perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I really would have thought that warehouse storage and packing cost were part of the inherent costs of running a business with a physical product.

Why tf are we expected to pay extra for the privilege of ordering online from Fanatics? I don't have the luxury of going down the Villa Store as I don't live in the UK.

image.png.ec048803dc1a28292f1c36965ae446f7.png

Seriously unimpressed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Went to the webstore to purchase a training shirt, since they're somewhat nicer than the leaked matchday kit which I've no intention of purchasing this year, but find that there is a "Handling" fee applied... on top of a €8.45 shipping fee which I can just about stomach

Hovering over the info icon tells me the following: "A handling fee is added on an order to cover warehouse storage cost and packing cost."

Now perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I really would have thought that warehouse storage and packing cost were part of the inherent costs of running a business with a physical product.

Why tf are we expected to pay extra for the privilege of ordering online from Fanatics? I don't have the luxury of going down the Villa Store as I don't live in the UK.

Seriously unimpressed.

Also the shipping is done by Hermes. So about 5 quid of that 8.45 isn’t going towards shipping. at that price you could get Royal Mail special delivery, guaranteed next day. Not 3-10 days

Mr Bean Reaction GIF 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jack scoring a goal, runs up to the camera zooming in on his kit (free shot), camera pans up to Jack's smiling face and he says, suck sh|t Gareth.

Single Tear Indian GIFs | Tenor

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Seriously unimpressed.

I know people are fed up with companies blaming Brexit for everything, but in the case of clothing (as well as a multitude of other things) import and export costs have risen horrifically. Many fashion companies are genuinely on the edge of bankruptcy as passing the costs on to the customer has caused orders to dry up, and others have had to delay overseas orders due to HM custom and excise not even having simple operational codes available yet. Two of my sons run different distribution set ups, one for a sports wear company and one for a popular fashion brand, and the huge extra costs and incomplete regulations are driving them both bonkers. I'm guessing that AVFC have similar problems.

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I know people are fed up with companies blaming Brexit for everything, but in the case of clothing (as well as a multitude of other things) import and export costs have risen horrifically. Many fashion companies are genuinely on the edge of bankruptcy as passing the costs on to the customer has caused orders to dry up, and others have had to delay overseas orders due to HM custom and excise not even having simple operational codes available yet. Two of my sons run different distribution set ups, one for a sports wear company and one for a popular fashion brand, and the huge extra costs and incomplete regulations are driving them both bonkers. I'm guessing that AVFC have similar problems.

Yep it’s a joke. Gone from paying £6k for a container to £25k+.

Id rather they put the price on the shirt though rather than wank handling fees.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Two of my sons run different distribution set ups, one for a sports wear company and one for a popular fashion brand, and the huge extra costs and incomplete regulations are driving them both bonkers. I'm guessing that AVFC have similar problems.

9 minutes ago, jim said:

Yep it’s a joke. Gone from paying £6k for a container to £25k+.

Valid points that you both raise here.

A good friend of mine runs a furniture export company and has been trading for many years, however, Brexit has ***** him in so many ways.

The last time I spoke with him he was actually looking into acquiring some premises in Europe to also operate from to keep costs down in the long term as the fees, rates and postage costs here are killing his business, not to mention the costs of importing the goods in the first place.

And as @jim mentions, the prices for containers now has got stupidly out of hand. I would imagine if my mate was to transfer these costs onto his products and onto the customer then he would be out of business within months.

• Like 1

Fair enough point about the Brexit impacts for small businesses but I find it harder to sympathize where bigger businesses are involved. When you consider the inflated cost of the products we're dealing with, I can't quite bring myself to feel bad that the likes of Fanatics are finding it difficult to get containers cheaply into the country. We're talking about £90 for a full-quality match day replica shirt when the new one comes out, or £32 for a pretty basic training shirt, and they're adding on "handling" fees.

I want to support the club above all things and I have a few of the kits from recent years, all purchased from the club, but in this situation it's just too much.

The delayed release and potential issues around the availability of the kit may well be linked. Still,  would expect it to be released before we play Walsall next week.

Doesn't excuse the poor offerings on the training kit this season either.  Not a fan of any of the pieces, they all look a bit meh to me.

15 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Kenneth Williams GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I am disturbed by your use of unconventional gif's. However due to the absolute quality of this one I will deal with it. 

• Thanks 1

Read somewhere yesterday l, I believe Everton or one of Hummel’s teams are facing delays due to the Evergreen Suez Canal saga … could be an issue for us as well ? Or we are just not very good at kit launches 

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Read somewhere yesterday l, I believe Everton or one of Hummel’s teams are facing delays due to the Evergreen Suez Canal saga … could be an issue for us as well ? Or we are just not very good at kit launches 

The two are mutually exclusive.  We are not good at kit launches. The Suez Canal may also be causing us issues.

Edited by MrBlack

23 minutes ago, thabucks said:

A little from column A, a little from column B one would assume.

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am disturbed by your use of unconventional gif's. However due to the absolute quality of this one I will deal with it. 

No one, but no one, loves an odd gif as much as I, sir. 

• Haha 2