Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

On 22/05/2021 at 02:33, Keyblade said:

Would love Hummel to get another go. They make lovely kits nowadays. Everton's new away kit is nice:

H_Frost_Webstory_Main_Image_Available_No

Red though ? I mean, would the bitter bluescouse be happy with that ?

I can't remember Liverpool having blue (royal blue) as any part of their change kits.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Luke doesn't have the money Kappa has especially in FFP times

Luke has the money to do the shirts for the club or he wouldn not of been able to do them before. He's got more than you seem to think. Okay he's not a big brand giant but I don't see what all this has to do with Villa giving Luke the contract of making the shirts for the club back again.

It's Villa that orders the shirts of Luke if he has the contract and Luke supplies the shirts. Kappa is a big name in sports that's what mainly gets them the contracts.

Also Like had no problem really in fulfilling orders but strangely Kappa did with delays, I think Luke handled the whole contract with Villa better.

I do not know why FFP is bought up with Luke, he's not tied to any FFP, his business isn't to do with football and what clubs can spend. Kit suppliers have nothing to do with FFP it's football clubs and were more than likely as a club to spend more ordering merchandise from Kappa than we are with Luke.

Edited by Dave-R

53 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Luke has the money to do the shirts for the club or he wouldn not of been able to do them before. He's got more than you seem to think. Okay he's not a big brand giant but I don't see what all this has to do with Villa giving Luke the contract of making the shirts for the club back again.

It's Villa that orders the shirts of Luke if he has the contract and Luke supplies the shirts. Kappa is a big name in sports that's what mainly gets them the contracts.

Also Like had no problem really in fulfilling orders but strangely Kappa did with delays, I think Luke handled the whole contract with Villa better.

I do not know why FFP is bought up with Luke, he's not tied to any FFP, his business isn't to do with football and what clubs can spend. Kit suppliers have nothing to do with FFP it's football clubs and were more than likely as a club to spend more ordering merchandise from Kappa than we are with Luke.

Luke didn’t supply the kits, Fanatics did. He didn’t even design them he just put his name to the shirts.

There were also massive supply issues. You couldn’t get a home shirt in normal size much after November. Fanatics also manufacture the Kappa kits btw. 

Edited by jim

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I read it more in the context that FFP means that we have whoever pays us the most, we need the income, it's irrelevant if its Nike, Adidas or Swiss Tony the t-shirt man, whoever offers us the most money gets the gig, it's not about who we want or what service they offer its all about getting the most in to the bank, which is a bit shit really 

And it should increase year on year, the next shirt deal should be more than kappa, which should have been more than the Luke deal, so we should theoretically be looking at a deal thats worth 30 to 50% more than what Luke paid us before

And as much as id like them to work with us again I don't think that's beneficial to them, they'd be better off keeping with the formal wear partner stuff or whatever they have now 

So FFP does have an impact on Lukes ability to do our kits again, he can no longer afford us 

On 22/05/2021 at 02:33, Keyblade said:

Would love Hummel to get another go. They make lovely kits nowadays. Everton's new away kit is nice:

H_Frost_Webstory_Main_Image_Available_No

I'd be screwing about that if I was an Evertonian.... It's completely the wrong colours and more representative of their neighbours. Be like us having royal blue on ours...🤢🤮

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd be screwing about that if I was an Evertonian.... It's completely the wrong colours and more representative of their neighbours. Be like us having royal blue on ours...🤢🤮

They've not announced it yet but it also looks like a template for what Southampton will get, change the black for white 

Really odd they those chose red, when they’ve had a lot of pink/purple accented away kits recently and yellow is their classic away kit colour. Either would have worked really well.

Edited by a m ole

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've not announced it yet but it also looks like a template for what Southampton will get, change the black for white 

Southampton I can understand....I think there are too many of these generic designs that bare no resemblance to the clubs history or culture. It's like they have to tamper with the clubs colours and symbols like its designer wear. Rather than just detail the shirts better for a more unique look. 

It is one of things I have always loved about Villa. We've never really been subjected to generic trash that's similar to the rest. I'd love an adidas kit at some point, but they'd more than likely screw it up and we'd end up with a west ham shirt

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Southampton I can understand....I think there are too many of these generic designs that bare no resemblance to the clubs history or culture. It's like they have to tamper with the clubs colours and symbols like its designer wear. Rather than just detail the shirts better for a more unique look. 

It is one of things I have always loved about Villa. We've never really been subjected to generic trash that's similar to the rest. I'd love an adidas kit at some point, but they'd more than likely screw it up and we'd end up with a west ham shirt

Home kit maybe not but away kit I'm not so sure 

Its 2 things, price increases and kit releases every year, they have to do something different, this years Everton kits for example to me are very good, proper classic Everton shirts so this year in order to get £150 out of fans they can't do 2 more classic shirts, they have to go different, that shirt to me personally is shit but to Everton fans and shirt buyers it's unlike any kits they've ever had so there's an appeal there 

That's why 3rd kits are a thing and that they tend to be marmite, they want that love it and buy it or hate it and don't reaction, an OK shirt gets sit on the fence and don't buy it 

That's also why Im leaning towards our training kits under kappa they're simple, clean and usually in basic safe colours, they're nothing flash or trying to stand out, the white pre season range this year for example, I love that... Just a bastard to get hold of

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Why are we always one of the last to release our kit, no matter who the manufacturer is?

It's probably because we seem to always be changing either manufacturer or sponsor and they're paid up until June or July so they can't reveal the new one before then.  Hopefully this summer is different as we are keeping Kappa and Cazoo.

4 hours ago, jim said:

Luke didn’t supply the kits, Fanatics did. He didn’t even design them he just put his name to the shirts.

There were also massive supply issues. You couldn’t get a home shirt in normal size much after November. Fanatics also manufacture the Kappa kits btw. 

Really, so whats gone wrong with the kits because they were fine under Luke and totally small under Kappa, how do you explain it??

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Really, so whats gone wrong with the kits because they were fine under Luke and totally small under Kappa, how do you explain it??

Because they are made to Kappa specifications. Which, in general are a tighter fit. 

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

More details here:

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2019/5/20/18632531/official-kappa-to-partner-with-aston-villa-until-2022-villa-kit-19-20-luke-sport

Aston Villa, Fanatics and Kappa have today announced a multi-year deal that will see the Italian sportswear manufacturer partner with the club and Fanatics to produce leisurewear, sports goods and football kits.

This of course means that Kappa will brand the Villa shirts sported by the players from next season onwards. Hopefully, this will be the shirt that graces Villa’s return to the Premier League. This also signifies that Luke Sport will not produce Villa’s shirts going further, but they will produce exclusive formalwear for the club.

The deal with Kappa will run until 2022, meaning that all sports goods produced by the club (shirts, training gear) will be branded with Kappa’s badge.

There are some fan fears that Villa will bear the famous tight fit of current Kappa jerseys, but the involvement of Fanatics in the deal may allay fears. This relationship might simply mean that Kappa are paying to place their branding on a Fanatics shirt. 

Edited by jim

14 hours ago, jim said:

Speaking of Fanatics why is their customer support non-existent and their returns process an absolutely miserable experience? 

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Speaking of Fanatics why is their customer support non-existent and their returns process an absolutely miserable experience? 

It's bizarre.

I've had 2 dealings with them where they made a mistake. Both involved emails over months, with sometimes weeks between replies from them. 

First was an NBA Jersey where they sent me the wrong one. They eventually figured out that they couldn't supply the one I had originally ordered, so just refunded me and let me keep the one I received for free. 

Then an NFL jersey which hadn't arrived after 10 weeks, no tracking. I emailed them and again, after several weeks of emails they eventually agreed to send me another one. The next day the first one arrived, so I emailed them back immediately telling them to cancel the replacement. They never replied to that email and about 2 months later another identical jersey arrived. 

In fairness to them, both mistakes eventually worked out in my favour but it took forever for them to organise themselves. 

• Like 1