Villa kit 2021/2

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's bizarre.

I've had 2 dealings with them where they made a mistake. Both involved emails over months, with sometimes weeks between replies from them. 

First was an NBA Jersey where they sent me the wrong one. They eventually figured out that they couldn't supply the one I had originally ordered, so just refunded me and let me keep the one I received for free. 

Then an NFL jersey which hadn't arrived after 10 weeks, no tracking. I emailed them and again, after several weeks of emails they eventually agreed to send me another one. The next day the first one arrived, so I emailed them back immediately telling them to cancel the replacement. They never replied to that email and about 2 months later another identical jersey arrived. 

In fairness to them, both mistakes eventually worked out in my favour but it took forever for them to organise themselves. 

I bought our stadium jacket from our promotion season and it never came. Bought it from Kitbag to be fair but I'm pretty sure that's interchangeable with Fanatics, at least where Villa are concerned. Luckily they were prompt in their reply and gave me a refund. Don't even understand how this is so common.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jim said:

Because they are made to Kappa specifications. Which, in general are a tighter fit. 

So I'm back to the point of blaming Kappa (which I were doing in the first place) because we've gone round in a circle because people tried to swing the right fit blame away from Kappa onto the kit creator.

12 hours ago, Richie k said:

i would love to see us with an adidas jersey. all claret and 3 blue stripes down the sleeves

I'd prefer claret with blue sleeves and gold stripes down the sleeves. It would pop!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

So I'm back to the point of blaming Kappa (which I were doing in the first place) because we've gone round in a circle because people tried to swing the right fit blame away from Kappa onto the kit creator.

I wasn’t shifting anything. Just pointing out Luke had very little to do with the kits other than putting his logo on the shirts. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

It's bizarre.

I've had 2 dealings with them where they made a mistake. Both involved emails over months, with sometimes weeks between replies from them. 

First was an NBA Jersey where they sent me the wrong one. They eventually figured out that they couldn't supply the one I had originally ordered, so just refunded me and let me keep the one I received for free. 

Then an NFL jersey which hadn't arrived after 10 weeks, no tracking. I emailed them and again, after several weeks of emails they eventually agreed to send me another one. The next day the first one arrived, so I emailed them back immediately telling them to cancel the replacement. They never replied to that email and about 2 months later another identical jersey arrived. 

In fairness to them, both mistakes eventually worked out in my favour but it took forever for them to organise themselves. 

Yeah it is bizarre and honestly disappointing for Villa to be associated with them. My gf is going through a similar issue with a hoodie she got from fanatics via Villas site. It's been 4 months and she hasn't heard from anyone at Villas shop and the fanatics person she spoke with hasn't replied since March and she has yet to get a refund.

Hopefully it just miraculously works out like your situation though, lol.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Fwiw, I’ve heard that the kit release will be in July again.

I don’t like the trend of wearing a new kit for the last match of the season. However, don’t understand waiting until July. Surely the kits have been sorted at this point, and they probably have been submitted to the PL and maybe even to EA Sports for FIFA 22. The longer the wait, the more likely the kits leak.

5 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This years efforts...

spacer.png

Wow! 😯 They look superb 👌

The only problem is, you’ve raised expectation and excitement when the real thing isn’t going to look half as good and so we will be disappointed!  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This years efforts...

spacer.png

Awesome, thanks for the effort!

I’ve been calling for a stand-alone lion, but it looks a little small there. Might need AVFC below it like Plop does? I dunno

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The pinstripes on the home kit remind me of the legendary Toronto Raptors dino strip from the 90's:

The Jersey Poll - Home - Champions Club

NBA uniforms in the 90's were **** hideous!