Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 22:59

Our pressing is the worst in the league. We did not even try and win that game in any way.

It’s hard to make an argument for us winning again this season. This is how Sheff U ended last season and that did not play out well. We are so passive.

• Thanks 2

Just now, R.Bear said:

What an absolute non entity of a second half that was. It's scary how effortlessly Man City can keep a team at arms length. We havent got the quality to do anything against that.

It was the proverbial bully in the playground holding the smaller kid at arms length and laughing as they flail hopelessly.

At the end of the day City win most games but at least get stuck into them and show some fight, that was bordering on embarrassing today from us.

• Thanks 1

As expected, if Man City were on fire we don’t have enough to keep up.  They were on fire in possession in the first half when they had the ball.

We used all the tools in our tool box, even tried different system but our quality isn’t good enough.  Roll on the summer as expected.

Man City, by far the best team in the league!  Just pure quality when in possession and first half Foden was a genius!

• Like 4

2-1 flattered us. Foden motd by a country mile. 

We are structured well but really other than the goal offered nothing at all attacking wise even on rare counter attacks.

City have replaced United in the I have no expectation for this match vibe when we play them.

We won't  get top half and I don't think we will reach 50 points. It is still progress from last season but the second half of the season has been disappointing.

We look like  a bottom 5 team at best without Jack.

To be honest I am looking forward to this season ending and starting afresh in August.

• Thanks 1

That’s on cash, we were starting to take some control for what is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen a footballer do. Man City very much on it today and when they are they are the best team in the world. Smith made the right subs I think but this was taken away from him by stupid play.

I thought we were still in the game at the start of the second half, then Cash got sent off and that was that. Man City showed a huge gulf in quality between us and them. Seemed like we were chasing shadows for the first half.

We might as well forfeit the remaining games because there is little point in us playing them. We are largely devoid of any creativity, cohesion or hope. This season started superbly and has turned into a turgid slog. 

Edited by Lerner's Driver

A game of four stages. Firstly, a fantastic opening 20 seconds of smart thinking and a nice assist and finish. Then, about 42.5 minutes of relentless pressure and desperate-but-poor defensive effort. Then a few minutes of optimism around half time and the creation of a couple of half chances and the prospect of more. Then about 40 minutes of them barely being arsed and us being completely clueless as to how to get the ball off them.

They're way better than us, can hardly be astonished at losing. But you would hope that when you're up against ten men, you'd give it a genuinely good try, but sadly Foden got completely inside Cash's head and he had an absolute moment of madness, and from then on it was a (very boring) procession.

Targett was our best player IMO; Foden was by far the best player on the pitch, he'll be a superstar.

We were too far off them. They always could get their head up to pick a pass. We're a long ball team and after watching the u23's v Leeds it seems that's what is being taught. 

We need to bring in another 10 coaches to teach us how to pass the ball and move off the ball and in synergy so there's always 3/ options for the guy on the ball. 

We looked weak physically too today.

• Like 1

Just now, PaddytheVillan said:

Did Leeds have that attitude? "Well we were always going to lose so it's cool".

no but they met a Citeh that were wasteful and hit the bar+posts all game. the Citeh we played today looked a lot better.

• Like 1

Â