Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 22:59

Guys, we are a work in progress. Last season we had to build an entire squad and escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. We are still building.

This was poor, and shows the gulf between where we are and where we want to be. We still need to spend another 500 million quid to come close to Man City's spending. 

The great start to the season has set people's expectations too high.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

We've been outplayed by the future European champions. 

Their bench us worth more than our first team squad. 

Everyone of their players with the exception of konsa is better than ours.

It's not tactics  it's not Smith, it's not coaching  it's money............

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Won’t be enough of a reason for a number on here but it’s the truth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

A lot of that is true of course but we did not even try to win. There was no energy, desire, pressing, spirit, nothing! We had nothing to lose but did not even try. It was so easy for City. I simply do not understand that performance.

Pathetic. Insipid powder puff performance. I know it was City but we shows nothing, without Jack we seem to have no Identity regards of style of play. No intent, no energy, woeful. No pressure on the ball, passing was diabolical. Traore should never start again, lazy lazy lazy player. Has Covid breakout really took the stuffing out of us so much that we've lost so much energy!?! I'm staggered as to how poor we've become these last few months, and worryingly, how the manager and his coaching staff haven't shown an ability to nip it in the bud.

Where has the energy? The movement? The being on the front foot even without the ball gone? Passing is terrible, just unacceptable.

Not good enough Villa.

Just now, TheStagMan said:

Guys, we are a work in progress. Last season we had to build an entire squad and escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. We are still building.

This was poor, and shows the gulf between where we are and where we want to be. We still need to spend another 500 million quid to come close to Man City's spending. 

The great start to the season has set people's expectations too high.

**** YOUR REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS!!!!!

:trollface:

• Haha 3

Just now, M_Afro said:

A lot of that is true of course but we did not even try to win. There was no energy, desire, pressing, spirit, nothing! We had nothing to lose but did not even try. It was so easy for City. I simply do not understand that performance.

we have played like that for the past 15-17 games......

1 minute ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Did Leeds have that attitude? "Well we were always going to lose so it's cool".

Leeds are the fittest team in the league after City (everyone knows what I think of city and their performance enhancing drugs). That's what we need to aim for. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Might have been different if Cash hadn't have been sent off but City showed they are on a different level to us. 

Different level to almost all teams at the moment

Just now, osmark86 said:

no but they met a Citeh that were wasteful and hit the bar+posts all game. the Citeh we played today looked a lot better.

We really need, as a fanbase, to drop this narrative whereby Leeds have been lucky this season and other clubs have been wasteful against them.

They are set up to rock the opponent, disrupt their game plan, and make them doubt their defensive capabilities.

By contrast, we are not.

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Tell that to Leeds and Bielsa then because they didn’t get the memo.

Games like today really make me question Smith as a top level coach, what was our plan today because from start to finish it didn’t seem like we had one to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

without Grealish we are a really really poor side.

we need some serious investment in midfield and up front in the summer, big time.

But give the money to a decent manager to spend.

Meh. 

We gave the ball away far too much, we do that a lot - we need a better winger than Traore, we knew that already, we struggled against a City side that are amongst the very, very best in the world and keep the ball incredibly well, it's not a surprise.

I thought at times we looked bright, but they too often ended up with a loose pass, we're a funny bunch, I don't know if it's concentration or what, but we can do three good things and then one that's just awful. Cash was stupid for the sending off, but I can forgive him after the season he's had. 

The centre halves and keeper were excellent, Targett good too defensively and Nakamba a willing helper in the first half, we've got a group of stubborn, organised, determined defenders - Watkins worked hard, Barkley looked interested but let himself down with his passing, Ramsey was busy but again struggled with an end product, Davis huffed and puffed, McGinn was busy enough and Luiz was in his good ball/bad ball setting.

The referee was quite clearly as high as a kite, the voice in his head overruled him a couple of times and late on he started some sort of art installation of a performance - he also sent two players off and still managed to not really be a huge influence on the result.

We're a work in progress and City are as good as it gets - we'll beat the Albion.

Ho hum.

• Like 2

Â