Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 22:59

Another game where I can’t give motm to anyone.

yeah , I know it’s champions City but apart from the first 20 seconds that was frankly embarrassing, season can’t end soon enough.

Traore invisible again , there maybe a player in their somewhere but we sure as hell aren’t seeing him.luiz , McGinn , Nakamaba completely  invisible and stupid beyond belief from cash.

Safe to say we are still a zillion miles behind city 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well they've also ' lucked " themselves ahead of us in the Premier League table, as a newly promoted team, with the season coming to a close.

Let's be real here, they give a better account of themselves than we have been doing, even when they lose.

I'm tired of pretending like we haven't Been shite.

We can't even pass to our own team mates relatively consistently ffs.

I'm sure the above type of stats are the type of thing Dyche and Burnley get applauded for pulling results from.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

I think we over rate Cash a bit. To me he looks like a right winger that's been converted to play in a right back role, which is exactly what he is. We could do with giving him some good competition in the summer.

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Can any of the 7 people who voted Smith as very poor explain why?

He made the subs most people would have.

He made attacking changes.

I don't get the judgements. 

I voted poor because I think he chose the wrong starting line up and at least one wrong sub but it probably wouldn't have made an iota of difference - it was MEN vs boys 😒

We looked so leggy/weak in midfield, literally chasing shadows all game. They are good but Leeds...

Only kidding. 😜 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My gripe with Dean today, is bringing on Barkley, honestly, what's the point? 

Agreed with everything you said except I thought barkley was genuinely decent tonight for a change. He tried to get on the ball and make things happen and other than one poor pass down the left wing his passing was good, more than can be said for some others. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

No but that's the point. It wasnt that we couldn't lay a boot on them. They gave us an advantage and we messed it up. We were getting on top before Cash moment of madness. 

Sorry it's not you specifically its loads of comments. When we lose to a bigger team the same lines are rolled out over how superior the opposition are.

If we'd lost the 7-2 against Liverpool 2-0, then youd have had loads of posts saying "they're the champions" "we didnt stand a chance" "it was a free hit" "these arent the sort of teams we should get points from". Wouldnt mind so much if wed beat likes of Sheff U and Newcastle.

I think the result would have remained the same if we had 12 players....there is no aggression in us right now, we just stand off and semi press.....we mark space not bodies.

We do nothing to disrupt, after the goal we simply surrendered the initiative and we just confirmed what a good side City are.....other teams with aggression have managed to create doubts.

We played like a team that was totally convinced the opponents were better than us and lacked conviction.

Only the Goalkeeper played with defiance.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well they've also ' lucked " themselves ahead of us in the Premier League table, as a newly promoted team.

Let's be real here, they give a better account of themselves than we have been doing, even when they lose.

I'm tired of pretending like we haven't Bern shite.

1) we still have a game in hand, which can go above them

2) we looked awesome until beginning of January, yes we have been incredibly poor since.

3) how many teams have a great first season back and then fade second season. Sheff Utd a classic example.  I’m not taking this season as that’s the standard they are at until they can repeat it.

22 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Can any of the 7 people who voted Smith as very poor explain why?

He made the subs most people would have.

He made attacking changes.

I don't get the judgements. 

Whoops - quoted some false statistics, now withdrawn. I voted poor, which I think is more balanced.

Edited by briny_ear

1 minute ago, kiltorken said:

Agreed with everything you said except I thought barkley was genuinely decent tonight for a change. He tried to get on the ball and make things happen and other than one poor pass down the left wing his passing was good, more than can be said for some others. 

Fair play, maybe I was already so annoyed at what was happening that i'm persecuting him for what he has shown in recent games unfairly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Leeds have spent she'd loads its it a myth they haven't.

How long did the 10 man advantage last tonight?

no it’s a myth that we have.

£27 million on Rodrigo who’s been in and out injured all season 

£20 on llorente who’s played 10 games.

£13 million on Koch who’s been injured for 3 months 

£17 million on raphinha who’s played most of the time

the 2 other signings were players we had on loan last season. 

£5 million on mesisler 

£16 million on Costa. 

so £77 million on 4 players that haven’t featured together all season.

& from reading your Leeds thread most seem to think our squad is poor and we’ll go the way sheff United have next year 

how much have you spent in 2 years? 

If things don’t improve by the end of the season Villa might very well be looking for a new manager.

Again utterly toothless upfront and in midfield especially in the second half which was as passive as I’ve seen any team this season. No press no urgency and no pace or quality.

Dean Smith is normally a pass and move manager but not with Villa. Villa’s football has become agricultural in the mould of a team managed by big Sam.

A lot of work to do in the summer and maybe with a better manager?

21 minutes ago, est1874 said:

This perspective of not being too critical because "we almost nearly didn't get beaten by the league leaders" needs to go.

It's small-time and a total abdication of competitive spirit.

It's one of the major reasons we've none nothing since 1996 despite competing in 4 cup finals. We were just happy to be there. Some fans are just happy to be in the league playing against City knowing we'll survive another season here. 

It's getting embarrassing to be quite honest.

I think your comments are a refreshing alternative....to the notion that every defeat is inevitable followed by a plethora of excuses...the creative mitigation for our reversals are tedious.

this team lacks many things right now.....but aggression is top of the list.....they are passive personified.

1 minute ago, striker said:

If things don’t improve by the end of the season Villa might very well be looking for a new manager.

Again utterly toothless upfront and in midfield especially in the second half which was as passive as I’ve seen any team this season. No press no urgency and no pace or quality.

Dean Smith is normally a pass and move manager but not with Villa. Villa’s football has become agricultural in the mould of a team managed by big Sam.

A lot of work to do in the summer and maybe with a better manager?

It was the same with Lambert. His Norwich team played some good attacking football then when he came to Villa he stopped playing his natural style with us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

1) we still have a game in hand, which can go above them

2) we looked awesome until beginning of January, yes we have been incredibly poor since.

3) how many teams have a great first season back and then fade second season. Sheff Utd a classic example.  I’m not taking this season as that’s the standard they are at until they can repeat it.

I've also seen our fixture list and cowardly recent  performances. 

I don't expect us to do anything but drop down further, or remain stagnant, the latter being my best case scenario.

I've also watched the other teams.

FYI, my reaction is a culmination of things over a period of time, not based on any 1 particular result.

I don't expect miracles, wins, free flowing gung ho football etc as none of that is a given, even, I just expect us to give a decent, professional and competitive, account of ourselves ffs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

First time on the ball when he came on passed it to man City, they broke and nearly scored.

2nd attempt at a pass, same again.

He gave the ball away several times in the time he was on the pitch including stupid attempts at a flick straight to a man City player.

He is not the same player who started the season, he has given up on the season, that is crystal clear and has been for the last 15 or more games he's,been involved in.

Coincidence the 2 games we've won he didn't get on the pitch ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well they've also ' lucked " themselves ahead of us in the Premier League table, as a newly promoted team, with the season coming to a close.

I'm tired of pretending like we haven't Been shite.

We can't even pass to our own team mates relatively consistently ffs.

I'm sure the above type of stats are the type of thing Dyche and Burnley get applauded for pulling results from.

Aggression, is the word, you are looking for......its missing.

I won't go any further, it will be unpopular.....but somehow, we have to find some.

• Like 1

Â