Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/04/21 at 22:59

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

And concede like crazy!  No point doing that if you concede as many.

(zero goal difference)

You only have to concede one more than the opposition.....that tonight was as close to inevitable as it gets......our mindset, was woeful.

such was Man City's dominance of the ball...... 2 was plenty good enough.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know you are taking the pee but Man City’s attitude was spot on tonight, they clicked so well and the ball stuck to Foden foot in the first half almost Messi like.  Man City against Leeds was slightly off but they still had 71% possession and had 29 shots with 7 on target but only scored 1.  That could’ve a different result as Leeds only had 2 shots, 2 on target and 2 goals.

https://www.skysports.com/football/manchester-city-vs-leeds-united/stats/429142

0898A9D0-4980-4C12-A4CA-0E433171532F.jpeg

et voilà

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

No but that's the point. It wasnt that we couldn't lay a boot on them. They gave us an advantage and we messed it up. We were getting on top before Cash moment of madness. 

Sorry it's not you specifically its loads of comments. When we lose to a bigger team the same lines are rolled out over how superior the opposition are.

If we'd lost the 7-2 against Liverpool 2-0, then youd have had loads of posts saying "they're the champions" "we didnt stand a chance" "it was a free hit" "these arent the sort of teams we should get points from". Wouldnt mind so much if wed beat likes of Sheff U and Newcastle.

Don't disagree with a lot if what you say. Theres a danger of being O'Leary and accepting defeats.

The criticism I'd have is our lack of a genuine press. I think that comes from fear of being ripped apart.

I'd argue the advantage of the red card lasted so Short  it was meaningless.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

We've been outplayed by the future European champions. 

Their bench us worth more than our first team squad. 

Everyone of their players with the exception of konsa is better than ours.

It's not tactics  it's not Smith, it's not coaching  it's money............

Noone told Leeds.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Meh. City really good, we not good enough. No need to overreact though.

Oh and we look totally jaded. We badly need 'someone' to light us up again. 

Jesus his life - bakom kulisserna - New Faith Network

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Impressive performance from Man C except for Stone of course. What a git.

Even with 10 men they looked pretty much in control but Cash blew our chance of putting that to the test. No idea what was going on in his head in the first 10 minutes of the second half but he seriously let us down.

We were very sloppy in midfield.

And we were destroyed on both wings over and over and it’s really only down to our central defenders that we kept the score down. Konsa marginally the better so he gets my MOTM.

Smith’s substitutions were predictable and ineffective, although Barkley looked a lot brighter than recently. Maybe....???

Not a performance to remember.

This midfield of ours......well, I'll get my coat.

Referee was terrible, though he had little bearing on how passively inept we were for most of the game again. Our inability to pass through the midfield is really glaring. Too many rushed passes under little pressure straight to the opposition, that’s okay when you’re playing West Brom but do that against City and you might not see the ball again for 3 or 4 minutes.

We were far too lax in the press and never put ourselves about. May have been a different second half had Cash not lost his head as it looked like we were imposing ourselves on the game (without creating much still).

Unless injured, I thought it was a mistake bringing off Ramsey, he could have kept him wide left with McGinn and Luiz in the middle but what do I know.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Smith’s substitutions were predictable and ineffective, although Barkley looked a lot brighter than recently. Maybe....???

Yeah I really can't fathom why he didn't bring on Messi, Neymar and MBappe. 

• Like 1

Yes, City are brilliant, a class above etc... However, let's not pretend it's too much to ask of your Premier League team to be able to pass to players wearing their own colours? No one expects results from the likes of these, what we expect at the very least, is to " give it a go " and a good account of ourselves. I genuinely can't understand why our passing is always so horrendous.

We started ever so well, we actually started the game the way, we were battering teams in the early stage of the season. Then McGinn cheaply gave the ball away and the game changed for good. Giving the ball away as much as we do normally, is bad enough, but against City, it's only going one way. As the game wore on, it's like we forgot to play again and had no ambition/intuition to give it a good go anymore.

We then get the advantage and Cash chucks it away with minutes. My gripe with Dean today, is bringing on Barkley, honestly, what's the point? All in all, a loss is what we expected, but what continues to disappoint me, is our failure to do the basics at minimum, and at least give it a go.

We are WAY too easy to play against, not just for City, for most teams, architects of our own destruction. Time and time again, we literally GIVE the opposition the ball 🤦🏾‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â