Breakaway League

Jareth

Neville's on the money and to be perfectly honest, I think he actually means that irrespective of his employer. 

Personally I would like to see this happen. Football without these teams would just make it better for me. Would be funny. I don't think the interest for their league would be as big as they think either. 

• Like 1

Big 6 lol. The traditional big 6 include us and Everton. 

Sod these shit clubs. Tell em to get bent and enjoy their league. I don't think it will be that successful. What will the pricing model be? Tenner a month? People in India can't afford that. Do that many people watch the champ league since it went ppv? I have bt sport and watch it very rarely 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Neville's on the money and to be perfectly honest, I think he actually means that irrespective of his employer. 

Personally I would like to see this happen. Football without these teams would just make it better for me. Would be funny. I don't think the interest for their league would be as big as they think either. 

I don't see it being football without them and that's the main problem 

The PL will be business as usual, they're not suggesting any changes to it

The PL need to have the bollocks to say if you want your superleague then **** off and have it - not a chance in hell

They'll come up with some sort of compromise that still doesn't do anything good for the likes of us 

It’s a real concern.

If it happened then I expect the broadcasters will be fighting over each other to show it pumping in tonnes of money. This means less money for the remains of the premier league who would then have to cut their own budgets.

Like with the Champions league now the best players will want to be in the super league, the premier league will be seen as the second tier.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The TV rights model for this is completely in-house - they don't want to share the money with anyone, not with UEFA, not with their leagues, not with TV companies, no one.

Are you surprised? They are trying to set up a european premier league. Look how successful the  breakaway from the FA was in 1992, this is the same thing except its UEFA they want rid of this time. 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't see it being football without them and that's the main problem 

The PL will be business as usual, they're not suggesting any changes to it

The PL need to have the bollocks to say if you want your superleague then **** off and have it - not a chance in hell

They'll come up with some sort of compromise that still doesn't do anything good for the likes of us 

Isn't the PL already saying other wise? And UEFA?

They are surely threatening big money and a lot of powerful people else where here. So I don't think it's as simple they will get it there way.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

If it's DAZN, they're banking on individual sign-ups. It all does start to add up.

They could (conservatively) probably get 5m sign-ups in the world. Call it £100 a year for a subscription?

£500m a year to be split between those twelve and DAZN or whoever broadcasts it for them. Sounds like enough to have no problems. It's all about how many sign ups they could get.

In reality, they could definitely get 50m global subscribers paying ~£100 a year. £5bn per year to share between themselves. Wages would spiral very quickly.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If it happened then I expect the broadcasters will be fighting over each other to show it pumping in tonnes of money. This means less money for the remains of the premier league who would then have to cut their own budgets..

They're looking to cut the broadcasters out too - United's games will be on MUTV, Real Madrid's will be on Real Madrid TV - they'll be PPV.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

They're looking to cut the broadcasters out too - United's games will be on MUTV, Real Madrid's will be on Real Madrid TV - they'll be PPV.

Hmmm I can’t see how it would work. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

£500m a year to be split between those twelve and DAZN or whoever broadcasts it for them. Sounds like enough to have no problems. It's all about how many sign ups they could get.

Man Utd vs Barcelona on MUTV for £5 could get 100 million global sales - a single game could make that £500m mark. They won't want to share that with broadcasters - you'd be looking at a highlights show somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Isn't the PL already saying other wise? And UEFA?

UEFA and FIFA said something along the lines of if you play in an alternative competition then you cant play in the international competitions

Not sure what the PL have said 

But this must be being done in the confidence that these clubs are so powerful that everyone will bend to their will, the PL won't kick them out they need the revenue that they generate, neither will UEFA ban the players from the euros 

Ultimately I think they'll paint it as breaking away from UEFA not breaking away from the PL and the PL will be spineless and do nothing about it 

Â