Breakaway League

Jareth

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

They must have a TV deal ready to go or it's pointless. Amazon or a Facebook perhaps? Could be the start of football heading quickly towards streaming.

If they don't, they're idiots. Not many platforms have money to chuck round at the moment.

FIFA or even the PL might have to step in and say if you play in this, you're out of all our comps.

Looks like DAZN could be the boys to go for it. They're a streaming platform.

They could in fact do this without needing to find a TV deal. Product straight to the consumer. They rely on individual sign-ups.

How many people would sign up? Not for me Clive.

Not quite sure how DAZN made enough money for some of their deals. They've paid some boxers like AJ and Canelo a fortune to show most of their fights. They also show Champions League in some countries I think.

The worst part of this was hearing David Jones on sky refer to the clubs involved as the "traditional big 6"

I hope it happens. Football will be better for it imo.

• Thanks 1

Florentino Perez's influence is a stain and poison on the Spanish game and European football more largely, it should come as no surprise he's spearheading this.

From 2016:

both of which have now been dissolved ­– he has always had links to the Christian conservative Partido Popular (PP). The PP is associated with both the Spanish right-wing and the elite. Pérez's ideology can be summed up in three words: business, money, and power.

Florentino's relationship with the PP has gotten him into trouble on more than one occasion, although no illegal dealings have ever been uncovered and he has never been charged in a court of law. Nonetheless, his relationship with the PP can be summed up by a judge's statement from a court case related to Operación Púnica, one of the largest corruption cases in Spain's recent history.

Pérez was summoned to appear in court, on the grounds that mysterious payments were made from Real Madrid to a small company which managed social networks. Unfortunately, that company was owned by a man with strong connections to the PP – a man who was later found guilty on corruption charges.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They could in fact do this without needing to find a TV deal. Product straight to the consumer. They rely on individual sign-ups.

Not quite sure how DAZN made enough money for some of their deals. They've paid some boxers like AJ and Canelo a fortune to show most of their fights. They also show Champions League in some countries I think.

If Peacock can give the WWE £1bn for its library, imagine what some of this streaming giants could offer in the United States alone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

The worst part of this was hearing David Jones on sky refer to the clubs involved as the "traditional big 6"

I hope it happens. Football will be better for it imo.

On what basis is Spurs being put into the traditional big 6?

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They show it in Germany, relatively cheap too, €10 a month

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They show it in Germany, relatively cheap too, €10 a month

Yep, and when Joe public hears he only had to pay £10 instead of £50 for sky sports, he might not be so angry...

• Like 2

Not directed at anyone but I've heard Neville mentioned a lot today but he's a hypocrite. For years Sky have thrown in our faces the big 6 myth. Aston Villa have more trophies than the spuds have won the big cup unlike Man City, spurs and arsenal. Everton have won more league titles than All English clubs except Liverscum, scumchester United and arsenal.

If there's one thing I am looking forward to is sky's tails between their legs. Neville and the rest will soon be hosting the games. Knobs.

• Like 1

I couldnt really care less about this to be honest. I just dont think it's any different to the relatively closed shop that is already the champions league. Were already a league where the tv company decides how things will work and the fans have no input.

As a villa fan this may open up opportunities due to the wealth of our owners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep, and when Joe public hears he only had to pay £10 instead of £50 for sky sports, he might not be so angry...

Sky's PL package is €10 a month here too, bundesliga / full sports package might be €15 

So for €25 and 2 apps I can have all of the sports

Sky's pricing model in the UK is £58 a month for SS and BT

Â