Breakaway League

Jareth

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The cynical part of me reckons it's being used to make the Champions League reform seem more palatable when really there doesn't seem to be that much difference to what this league would look like.

Yes that's an excellent point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think that's 100% exactly what's happening.

I think it is, but I think they might have pushed too far. They've gone public in trying to bully UEFA - that's a very different thing to doing it behind closed doors - it's a public, open power struggle and I think it's going to rumble on long after they tuck their tails between their legs and pretend they didn't mean it.

• Like 1

Tottenham 😂 

When did they last win a league or European title. Desperate for money pathetic club. I love how they’re all signing up for this and it will just blow up in their faces. That statement from UEFA was pretty clear. All clubs are out for themselves, granted but this is like selling your soul with complete disregard to your roots.

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You’re completely right and it’d only be one step away from being rigged entirely just like wrasslin’ with faux rivalries created. 

Imagine the betting markets. All these a**hole speculators at JP Morgan getting returns on x number of fouls, cards, goals. It would be nothing but an exercise in profitability. The sporting equivilant of a never ending highlight reel.

Getting Beckham and others out of retirement etc for the spectacle.

Edited by The_Steve

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Imagine the betting markets. All these a**hole speculators at JP Morgan getting returns on x number of fouls, cards, goals. It would be nothing but an exercise in profitability. The sporting equivilant of a never ending highlight reel.

Getting Beckham and others out of retirement etc for the spectacle.

Have a written out like (I’ve ran out of the other ones for the day!) 

2 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Tottenham 😂 

When did they last win a league or European title. Desperate for money pathetic club. I love how they’re all signing up for this and it will just blow up in their faces. That statement from UEFA was pretty clear. All clubs are out for themselves, granted but this is like selling your soul with complete disregard to your roots.

They would be guaranteed strugglers in any super league. They're not even in Arsenals league globally. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Ah who cares not like we were ever going to win the league again. At least we'll stand a chance now.

Be like the really old 80's,90's and 00's again. 

To be fair, if the league takes action against these 'big' clubs, it'll likely be us, Everton and Leicester who are 'top dogs'. Just like it was before money poisoned football.

Sadly this has been coming for years. They need to be told to **** off, kicked out of the PL  and their players be banned from national teams.

Way back in 2008/9 some may recall that there was a group in the PL calling for the end of relegation. At the time is was reported Lerner was involved, although he denied it I heard he, Glazer et al were the main movers. Basically the billionaire owners have been trying to corner the top flight of English football for years and it now seems inevitable. 

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it is, but I think they might have pushed too far. They've gone public in trying to bully UEFA - that's a very different thing to doing it behind closed doors - it's a public, open power struggle and I think it's going to rumble on long after they tuck their tails between their legs and pretend they didn't mean it.

I hope you're right mate. I'm skeptical, but I hope so.

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Tottenham 😂 

TBF its not the fans' decision - but any 'fan' backing the idea should be shouted down. 

Â