Breakaway League

Jareth

Horrible to think that the corruption and greed in the game will prevent some good organisation from taking our domestic game by the scruff of the neck and making it a fair and honest league cup scenario where any of a number of clubs can go on and be successful and maybe win something.

like general society currently, football is becoming ruled from the top for the benefit of the few, the people at the top seem to have flipped the situation, seemingly now both in football and life the celebrities and power brokers are the ones "hard done by" and need to ensure they are given more and more control and sway, and have some innate right to gather everything both materially and intellectually towards them.

I think the western world is f*****, and this scenario is a microcosm of that.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it'll be dead in the water by the middle of the week, but I don't think the fans, UEFA or Sky are going to forget it in a hurry.

Well hopefully the matches won’t be given priority to the so called Sky 6, I’m hoping sky feel a bit burned by this themselves and take a stance, we need to stop feeding the egos and their greed. 

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

So half of the 12 teams that signed up are from the Premier League... that’s embarrassing.

It is inevitable given its the worlds richest football league. 

Disgusting the lot of them. 

The Champions League proposal is also awful as well.

These sort of days makes me wonder why I bother following the game.

There's many options for things to watch when football becomes an Asian TV revenue fest anyway. I quite like to go to Guildford to watch ice hockey, and rugby is still good.

It's been going down the drain for decades, FFP, City, PSG, Malaga - you name it. This is just the most recent attempt for the ultra rich to line their pockets.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it'll be dead in the water by the middle of the week, but I don't think the fans, UEFA or Sky are going to forget it in a hurry.

I think the whole thing is just a power play, like any mention of a european super always is. They are hoping the backlash against it puts pressure on UEFA to cave into the demands of the "big" clubs. They don't intend that it will succeed, they just want more control and a bigger slice of the champions league pie. This will ensure guaranteed income for the "big" clubs and create an unofficial monopoly at the top level of European football. 

If players get banned from playing for their national teams I'm all for it just to see the meltdown from the waistcoat wearing pecker nose. "Please leave Chelsea mason please"

Edited by Sulberto21

I think they've seriously misjudged it.

The reaction from the league and from UEFA is really, really encouraging.

They haven't ended up putting pressure on UEFA to give them a bigger share of revenues, they've created a situation of real anger in the game and I think generated a will to change things in a way that won't be in their favour.

• Like 2

Just now, jacketspuds said:

”Ok, we will stop all this talk of a Super League if you guarantee us a place in the CL until the end of time.”

And I think right now UEFA are together in a room planning how to stop these clubs ever getting into a position where they can threaten to remove UEFA's revenue ever again.

I think the answer to that proposal you've put above is going to be very different to the one they want.

• Like 2

Â