Breakaway League

Jareth

2 minutes ago, sne said:

L.A Galaxy and Inter Miami Beckham. Glamour baby.

Not sure where Red Bull are on this but either them or the City version of N.Y when Man C joins.

Watch Beckham come out of retirement to compete - get them stream figure subs and betting markets wet. That’s all that matters to them 

Just now, PieFacE said:

These teams need to be punished for this. They won't be, but they need to be. 

They can have their little league. They just can't have anything else. It's sterile, it will ultimately fail. 

Can see Barca pulling out due to fan ownership. It's missing some massive clubs, Bayern, Dortmund, Ajax. It's gonna be sterile exhibition football. 

Premier League has to follow through. 

I think there will be consequences here. And I can't see them being allowed to take away the money from the PL and CL and stay in the league at the same time, but if they are kicked out. What's stopping these plastic clubs of just entering the football league and ignoring the PL. Surely the FA have to be vocal here and just block that from the get go.

1 minute ago, Dale said:

They can have their little league. They just can't have anything else. It's sterile, it will ultimately fail. 

Can see Barca pulling out due to fan ownership. It's missing some massive clubs, Bayern, Dortmund, Ajax. It's gonna be sterile exhibition football. 

How are Ajax not in there - they’ve more European history than a lot of the super leaguers combined 😮

6 minutes ago, Dale said:

My absolute biggest worry is this DOES go ahead and the PL cave in and let them stay. 

At that point the PL then WILL become a closed shop for the top 6 places.  Their wealth will increase to such an extent that eg we would never be able to keep a player like Grealish.  Leicester would not have  been able to keep Vardy. 

As soon as some non SL club start to challenge because they've been clever, well run and made good decisions, their squad will be ripped apart. 

The PL will become pointless as a competition.

Edited by sidcow

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

How are Ajax not in there - they’ve more European history than a lot of the super leaguers combined 😮

They probably said no. Ajax is all about their own academy and grassroots. Have no doubts about it, the clubs involved in this are comparable to Judas. 12 silver coins and bob's your uncle.

• Like 3

Just now, magnkarl said:

They probably said no. Ajax is all about their own academy and grassroots. Have no doubts about it, the clubs involved in this are comparable to Judas. 12 silver coins and bob's your uncle.

It was more of a rhetorical question but completely agree with your response! 

this is a classic case of money cannot buy class! 

Just now, sidcow said:

My absolute biggest worry is this DOES go ahead and the PL cave in and let them stay. 

At that point the PL then WILL become a closed shop for the top 6 places.  Their wealth will increase to such an extent that eg we would never be able to keep a player like Grealish.  Leicester would not have  been able to keep Vardy. 

As soon as some non SL club sta9to challenge because they've been clever, well run and made good decisions, their squad will be ripped apart. 

The PL will become pointless as a competition.

Yep. They have to close the door on the six. Very clear why they were seeking to rig voting rights last year now eh. 

Ultimately, I don't think the clubs can survive without the domestic game properly. Clubs will eventually peel away from the super league as it becomes less profitable. But if they've been kicked out of their leagues. They're gonna have to start from the bottom (probably through purchase of the phoenix clubs which will do alright) - this is gonna be a gamble that I can see falling flat on face. I won't watch a single match of this competition. 

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I think Ajax would actually jump at the opportunity 

4 minutes ago, Dale said:

Yep. They have to close the door on the six. Very clear why they were seeking to rig voting rights last year now eh. 

Ultimately, I don't think the clubs can survive without the domestic game properly. Clubs will eventually peel away from the super league as it becomes less profitable. But if they've been kicked out of their leagues. They're gonna have to start from the bottom (probably through purchase of the phoenix clubs which will do alright) - this is gonna be a gamble that I can see falling flat on face. I won't watch a single match of this competition. 

Damn I hadn’t even put the two together but yeah, wow, how underhand is that!

So clubs involved here are or have been struggling to get CL football. Got huge wages, new stadium, massive debts. And lots of them are currently not the best team or even among the best teams, in their respective domestic leagues.

So with all of this and the debt mountain increasing, the financial reports on covid hit and now suddenly they are trying to secure themselves and get more greedy. Couldn't make this shit up.

I really really hope they are all thrown out from domestic, European and international football.

And they did this to compete in a non competitive, can't be relegated TV-show. Christ, I'm happy AVFC ain't a part of this.

This is a kick in the guts for all teams in the football pyramid, the flow down of money is pitiful as it is, the Premier League teams were very reluctant to allow £30m in emergency funding during the pandemic to be given to smaller clubs which has helped them to remain in existence, which shows they don’t care at all about the lower feeder clubs which are the lifeblood of the game.

These so called big 6 have to be kicked out of the Premier League although I don’t think it will happen as the league is run by the Premier Leagues club chairmen. The huge amounts of money being offered to these clubs will give them even more financial clout to remain the most competitive clubs in the league which to me is an unfair advantage. Clubs like Villa, Leicester, Everton will find it even harder to break into the top half of the league or even to barely compete. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Over 3 million deaths globally from Covid-19, but does anyone want a Super League? It’s sickening. Ghouls the lot of them. 

I am surprised they havent said they are dedicating this idea to the dead people, its what they would have wanted

Â