Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/21 at 22:59

We deserved to lose. We were abysmal. Voted Traore MOTM because he finally realised he was so sh*t, he took himself off. You have to respect that. 

Season is done. We’ve been horrible to watch for about 10 games now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We weren't terrible but it wasn't good either. I feel like i'm saying the same thing every game atm, still a lot of work to do with this squad.

Traore was awful 
Nakamba is pretty much only useful when he can get the ball and pass to Grealish. 
McGinn....  looks like a player who doesn't know what his role is.
Barkley should just leave already
Thought Trez tried hard but lacks so much as a footballer, kinda gets masked by effort. 

Need to invest heavily in the attacking areas this summer imo and have a bit of a clear out. 

Edited by PieFacE

Win was there for us, even got the luck with VAR.

Said it at HT that Deano needed to be proactive and go for the jugular not sit back and wait for the same patterns to re-establish second half. Barkley drives me mad, awful substitution. Heads gone completely. Davis earned more minutes, so frustrating.

• Like 3

Just now, Robtaylor200 said:

They were there for the taking if we had played two up front and put more pressure on the CBs , I cant get my head around it. Look at the team we finished with against Fulham . Some one explain why we didn't start with that team

Oh but we didnt need to change our formation as we were doing well 2nd half apparently 

We dont need to go gung ho against a liverpool back four thats all over the shop 😂

Ridiculous he didnt bring on davis after last week. Ramsey afded nothing as did barkley

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Barkley, **** off. McGinn, **** off. Same to you Nakamba. **** off. 

A missed oppurtunity is basically the Aston Villa catchphrase. What a **** waste. 

Hope Trezeguet is ok. 

Neither of them three were as wasteful in possession as Luiz and Traore

Defended too deep, inviting them on much too often.

Why do all this playing out from the back possession nonsense when we are happy to give the ball away time after time?

We threw it away to be fair.

Against Liverpool who to be fair ran at us for alot of the game, we scored one.

We just couldn't keep there goals out of the net.

The second goal began with Barkley screwing up a perfect chance 1 on 1and he hesitated, they got the ball back and countered, frustrating.

We should of had it the game wrapped up even if we were the team to of been fighting for most of the game to get the ball.

I dont think we had enough quality on the pitch enough to deal that blow to pool, the first eleven played good, but the subs were ineffective..

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

What formation / team was he supposed to play? Grealish and Sanson injured. Barkley and AEG been crap for ages. 4-4-2 would have been suicide in midfield.

Thought he got it right and we came close to getting a good point.

Everyone’s fixating on Liverpool’s form, but their front 5 or 6 are world class.

We just stood and watched the 2nd goal. Nkamba I thought was doing ok. Barkley made more mistakes in his time than Nakamba in his.

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

I really don’t understand the reactions here. 

Usual bunch get their licks in. Not saying the performance was always what it should be, but we had enough to at least get a point I felt.

• Like 2

Even though we went into the break one up we were very poor, especially in holding onto the ball giving away possession on numerous occasions. Slightly beter in the second half especially after the equaliser but probably got what we deserved. Always a sickener to let a goal in past the 90th minute.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Deserves to lose. Midfield sloppy and poor, could have got something if we didn’t keep giving it away so cheaply.

Massive over reaction to Barkley who I think offers more than McGinn or Luiz who offer nothing nor have done most of the season.

Should have used The bench better, Smith is so reluctant to admit he gets it wrong and makes it worse by sticking to a losing formula.

Hope Trez is OK

What do you call someone who has a one on one with a defender an overlapping helper who he dribbles in to. Then was 1 yard away from the ball for seconds but doesn't press then was 2 yards away from the player who got a clean strike on goal. 

A lazy git, a waste of skin. Aka Ross **** Barkley. 

• Like 1

Unfortunate. Could've should've would've scored again. Trez off the post. Trez, if he goes down has a pen. Barkley clocking up an incredible opportunity. They scored two very good goals. 

We were poor throughout in my opinion. It should have been more comfortable for Liverpool, they really should have score 3 or 4. Mings, Traore and Barkley were particularly poor. Gave MOTM to Watkins, who hustled and fought throughout despite being isolated miles from anyone. Decent shifts from Martinez, Targett and Trez too, everyone else blah.

We're not a good team without Grealish, no surprise there.

• Like 1

Â