Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/21 at 22:59

Our passing was very poor today. If we won the ball off Liverpool we immediately gave it back to them on numerous occasions. Barkley should never wear a Villa shirt again - he's just so indecisive all the time, especially around the box. I think Dean made an error today by not bringing Davis on as he could have bullied their defence. If I was Davis I would feel a bit hard done by after my performance at Fulham. 

• Like 1

That game was there for the taking. Liverpool were poor but we didn’t have the quality in the end.

Traore was dreadful. Barkley for Nakamba was a terrible sub and just baffling. Don’t see why Davis didn’t come on as well. For me poor subs by Smith and he should rightfully take his part of the blame.

Martinez excellent as usual, thought Luiz and Trez were fine as well. Ollie did very well despite the lack of service.

• Like 1

We lost 2-1 at liverpool, its not the end of the world. We fought hard. Gave the ball away a bit too much. Trez was very unlucky not to score and was sad he had to come off. Gave Watkins MOTM. None stop effort. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just classic Villa really. Liverpool lose last 6 home games, look pretty average today and yet we still bend over for them and hand over the 3 points. 

Just nowhere near enough quality going forward in that game and the subs were pretty terrible. 

Just now, bose said:

That game was there for the taking. Liverpool were poor but we didn’t have the quality in the end.

Traore was dreadful. Barkley for Nakamba was a terrible sub and just baffling. Don’t see why Davis didn’t come on as well. For me poor subs by Smith and he should rightfully take his part of the blame.

Martinez excellent as usual, thought Luiz and Trez were fine as well. Ollie did very well despite the lack of service.

Barkley is the biggest waste of space to pull on a Villa shirt in many years but Smith can't see it!

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Oh but we didnt need to change our formation as we were doing well 2nd half apparently

We did play well second half. Better than the first. Yet somehow we won the first half and they won the second. That’s football. We’ve played some terrible games of football the last couple of months. This wasn’t one of them, and we were unlucky to come away empty handed. 

We were lucky to be on level terms with 70 odd minutes played. Then we brought the player that wants to be carried (Barkley). Please don't let him anywhere near the match day squad in future.

Davis definitely should have been involved (from the start if it was up to me). Liverpool were inviting us to hit it long. I we had Davis up top they certainly wouldn't do that. 

Traore poor again, has had a couple of good moments in the last few games. 

Mcginn isn't a number 10 for f's sake. He doesn't have the quality. 

Poor management, Liverpool were there for the taking. 

• Like 1

Better than I expected. Obviously it hurts with a late goal like that, but still.

We are a bottom half team which overachieved massively early on in the season. More changes needed in the summer.

Trez is weird, but maybe because of that, he can make things happen.

Very disappointing, that. 

Liverpool were so poor at the back and looked like conceding every time we attacked them but we seemed to settle for a point. Game seemed made for Davis. Got what we deserved tbh.

Watkins and Martinez were both outstanding. Everyone else ranged from ‘meh’ to utter shite. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I hated every minute of that. Anything but a Liverpool win would have been daylight robbery. We are miles behind them.  From now until the end of the season, Palace aside we play teams much better than us. I’d be happy for the season to finish now. 

They are shit!

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

What do you call someone who has a one on one with a defender an overlapping helper who he dribbles in to. Then was 1 yard away from the ball for seconds but doesn't press then was 2 yards away from the player who got a clean strike on goal. 

A lazy git, a waste of skin. Aka Ross **** Barkley. 

Calm down, try posting tomorrow 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I can't see how Ramsey gets game time - but Louie Barry doesn't. He doesn't look anything like prem ready

I agree hippo. I havent seen ramsey do anything. He is young but does not look good enough at the moment.

• Like 1

Honestly getting sick of Smith. And sick of the brigade which doesn’t allow us to criticise him. Not good enough.

While money doesn’t guarantee success, 10th place having spent more money than any team in Europe over the last 2 seasons isn’t exactly awe inspiring.

ANOTHER missed opportunity today.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Â