Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/21 at 22:59

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We lost 2-1 at liverpool, its not the end of the world. We fought hard. Gave the ball away a bit too much. Trez was very unlucky not to score and was sad he had to come off. Gave Watkins MOTM. None stop effort. 

If only we were as good as those magnificent teams Fulham, Brighton & Burnley that won at Anfield. Why do so many Villa fans like you accept mediocrity!

• Like 1

Incredibly poor in my eyes today

Traore was so incredibly poor I would've took him off at half time

Mings, just having so many sloppy moments at the moment

Why bring on Ross, that was bizarre

We had no attacking threat, our midfield looks lost and we stood off their players too much

Gave Watkins the MOTM because of the goal but dont think any of them deserved it.  Not being able to control the ball or pass....it's silly and sloppy today!

Losing that 90+ min goal, while deserved was just heartbreaking.  Liverpool didnt play well either but were still much better than us.

So angry at Traore and Barkley's performances

• Like 4

Just now, pacbuddies said:

If only we were as good as those magnificent teams Fulham, Brighton & Burnley that won at Anfield. Why do so many Villa fans like you accept mediocrity!

And we were in a  winning position!

Aston Villa - the gift that keeps giving. Can't win at home? Don't worry we have you covered. Are you a playing struggling for form, hey we can help you. 

We have been poor for a while now, at least we are safe. No chance are we getting into Europe, I would say top half is going to be a struggle now. We offered little threat going forward, can someone drive Barkley back to Chelsea? Looks devoid of any technical ability. My 4 year old autistic son can hold a up ball better than him!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dcdedi said:

Honestly getting sick of Smith. And sick of the brigade which doesn’t allow us to criticise him. 

Better call Amnesty International for this blatant attack on free speech!

Or is it just people disagreeing with you? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Incredibly poor in my eyes today

Traore was so incredibly poor I would've took him off at half time

Mings, just having so many sloppy moments at the moment

Why bring on Ross, that was bizarre

We had no attacking threat, our midfield looks lost and we stood off their players too much

Gave Watkins the MOTM because of the goal but dont think any of them deserved it.  Not being able to control the ball or pass....it's silly and sloppy today!

Losing that 90+ min goal, while deserved was just heartbreaking.  Liverpool didnt play well either but were still much better than us.

So angry at Traore and Barkley's performances

It's all on Smith.

• Like 1

See lots of people mentioning Liverpool's winless streak at home and yes it is annoying, but these streaks don't last forever. If everything else was the same but Liverpool had won at home a couple of games ago, would people be so angry? Not sure.

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

We did play well second half. Better than the first. Yet somehow we won the first half and they won the second. That’s football. We’ve played some terrible games of football the last couple of months. This wasn’t one of them, and we were unlucky to come away empty handed. 

Im sorry but i cant agree. I thiught the midfield and defence battled but as a offensive performance it was dreadful 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Well, a glance at the table suggests I'd rather be a fan of Villa than of Fulham, Brighton or Burnley this season, whatever their results at Anfield.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Liverpool there for the taking and we blew it even after getting away from a very dodgy offside decision.

We will come mid table which is progress but a long way from top 6-8 club some of us are dreaming about.

Midfield is not functioning without Jack at all. Got  a good back 5 and Watkins leads the line well but the middle bit is a mess. I would not have given any of the midfield more than 5/10 today.

Agree with this

I'd have taken 10th at the start of season and I'll still take it at the end of season. The disappointing thing is where we were with so many games in hand, we've kind of thrown that away... we can't afford to miss Jack but we do, not just his skills but the way he keeps the ball and draws the fouls.

Gonna be tough to keep hold of him, especially if Man City come calling but that will probably be the most important signing of the summer, along with striker and some midfield muscle. Wouldn't change the defence at all, a few mistakes aside they have been fantastic all season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes thats the way I saw it. 1-1 and you take off a defensive midfielder for an attacking one. Bonkers. 

And one was having a good game and the other has been poor for months.

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

We're comfortably above all those teams in the table so not sure what your point is? Nobody is saying that we should just take defeat against Liverpool lying down.

• Like 1

Could have been gutted like most for the Villa conceding late again but to tell you the truth I expected it.Villa are just too soft and for as long as I can remember have always conceded late goals to lose games particularly against the top half.

This has been typical of Villa no matter the manager and unless it is somehow addressed then Villa won’t break into the top 6 anytime soon. Very rarely do you see any of the top teams concede late as many times as Villa do as they know how to close out games.

As for the game itself Villa were again poor and have a lot of work to do in the summer even if Grealish stays.

Â