Ratings & Reactions: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/21 at 22:59

1 minute ago, ismail-villa said:

Why not bring on Davis instead of Barkley. **** useless send him back right now. 

Agreed. I **** love Deano and what he's done for the club, but I just can't get my head around what he keeps seeing in Barkley. The bloke is **** shite.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, definitely. We gave the ball away a lot - I don't know if it's composure on the ball or movement off it but we need to work on that.

A bit of both but most definitely movement. I watched Liverpool always provide a man to pass to when a player got closed down. We rarely do that. Villa player runs into trouble and looks for a way out and our team suddenly turn into statues. So frustrating as it’s basics like this that are costing us. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Agree with this

I'd have taken 10th at the start of season and I'll still take it at the end of season. The disappointing thing is where we were with so many games in hand, we've kind of thrown that away... we can't afford to miss Jack but we do, not just his skills but the way he keeps the ball and draws the fouls.

Gonna be tough to keep hold of him, especially if Man City come calling but that will probably be the most important signing of the summer, along with striker and some midfield muscle. Wouldn't change the defence at all, a few mistakes aside they have been fantastic all season

Jack will be staying. I am not concerned about that at all. We do though need further quality and to get rid of a few players who work hard but are not good enough for this level.

• Like 1

Decent effort today and sort of unlucky given Trez's rebound off the post, but the outcome was completely predictable.

I was so so sure I bet on a treble against us. Salah to score, Plop to win and less than 3.5 goals scored. £132 in the bank eases the inevitable pain.

And before anybody says how could you possibly bet against your own team? I say, how long have you followed us? How often have we lost against the top four despite making a first of it? And how often do we help teams on a terrible run find some form?

Sometimes you are throwing money away if you DON'T bet against Villa. 

FACT.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And what's the relevancy?

I gave him -10/10 for this game. I didn't say we shouldn't give him time or he won't learn from it.

-10/10 for his game today? Jesus, I don’t know what you expect really. I guess we’ll agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

It's all on Smith.

Are you being sarcastic.

While Smith should take a lot of blame today just as the turn around last game he should take credit.....half the problem today was players.  Mings on that chance for Salah first half was bizarre.  Traore trying to cross field pass for the second game on the trot and passing straight to Salah who should've done better.  Their second goal, our playing reacting.....I could go on.  That wasnt Dean's fault thatis on the players.

Dean's fault was the set up and the overall performance but individual play is on the players.....

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry but i cant agree. I thiught the midfield and defence battled but as a offensive performance it was dreadful 

Fair enough. I thought we created just as much as they did after the break, and nobody battled more than Ollie and Trez out there. It certainly wasn’t as bad as the reactions in here suggests, even if I understand the disappointment of losing like that and feel it it too. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, definitely. We gave the ball away a lot - I don't know if it's composure on the ball or movement off it but we need to work on that.

Poor passing today and hardly any crosses. We got 3 goals against Fulham with 3 good crosses, its not rocket science and you don't need coaching badges to figure that out. When we pass well we don't lose, I'm keeping faith with Deano and his staff but sometimes I do wonder what we do in training

• Like 1

We played well today I thought. Deserved a draw and with better luck (Trezzy’s chance) and better decisions in the final third we could’ve won it. Had to get out and close Trent down for their (inevitable) winner. I was screaming for us to push out as we seems to lack the desire to defend for our lives after Martinez’s save. 

Think we’re better when we are set back and counter. We should do this against everyone whilst we still won’t have Grealish. 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry but i cant agree. I thiught the midfield and defence battled but as a offensive performance it was dreadful 

I'm unusally going the be the negative one out of the two of us today 😉

Offensively we were dreadful

Midfield looked lost

Defence while battled really did some sloppy things today.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dcdedi said:

Honestly getting sick of Smith. And sick of the brigade which doesn’t allow us to criticise him. Not good.

The same people that mocked anyone that criticised McNeil, Lamert & Bruce. Don't worry, they know nothing.

2 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

We played well today I thought. Deserved a draw and with better luck (Trezzy’s chance) and better decisions in the final third we could’ve won it. Had to get out and close Trent down for their (inevitable) winner. I was screaming for us to push out as we seems to lack the desire to defend for our lives after Martinez’s save. 

Think we’re better when we are set back and counter. We should do this against everyone whilst we still won’t have Grealish. 

You thought we played well today! 

I'm lost, I dont understand what game you watched mate.

Â