Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think Grealish needs to be careful. He's struggled the last few games. With Foden and Barnes shining with teams further up the league, he can't afford a bad spell now if he wants to be starting for England.

Never mind starting.  I wouldn't put him in the squad on current form.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

That was a bit shit. Just...sloppy. Sloppy in a way we just don’t usually do anymore. Need to step up, but the good news is we are still level and have a lot of room for improvement. I mean, there were chances here, but we pretty much p*ssed it away everytime it looked like something was on. 

Only positives to take from that shitshow is we have managed to develop a knack of hanging in games when we’re having no joy on the ball

its reassuring hearing Mings directing everyone ahead of him at least

Got to get Barkley off. Id bring Nakamba on, we need the extra work in midfield. Playing a man light in a game we’re getting dominated is a dangerous game

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Hmm... I think their high press is killing us at the moment and they aren’t giving us a second on the ball. I also think that Luiz and McGinn are getting outnumbered too easily in midfield. I think I would take off Barkley and put on Sanson and play more of a midfield 3 with Grealish, Ollie and Traore as a front three in possession and a five man mid when out of possession

I agree, it's not that Barkley is having a mate, it's the formation isnt allowing us time on the ball. Sanson or nakamba would help.

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Hmm... I think their high press is killing us at the moment

the problem is that this is clearly the way to nullify us.....and any team that does it to us makes us look like sunday leaguer's.

• Like 1

We can't have barkley and traore playing from the start against high tempo teams.

It doesn't help that barkley has been dirt since his injury. Stupid attempted flicks, no pressing, mis passing and poor decision making.

Traore today has been slow and cumbersome.

Get barkley off and put the French battler in there for added force and structure as we are looking lost.

Ref has been blind to some of the follow through and afters from Brighton.

And I can't be the only one who wants cash to tackle maupay so hard it put him out of action for a few weeks.

Need to get out of first gear because this will be another bottom 6 team we lose against

Edited by brummybloke