Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

I'm quite angry on behalf of Anwar that he got dropped after his run of form for Barkley. What does that tell players on the edge of the first 11? You might get your chance, but what you do with it doesn't really matter. And Barkley continues to play no matter how poor a performance he turns in.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

That would be a huge understatement.

On another night could easily be 4-0 down

Dunno - Brighton have been the better side but only really had 2 clear chances (one very good one).

I think the stats point correctly to who has been the better side, but it's not like we should be out of sight.  They should certainly be ahead, though.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which is more to the point.

What we are watching in front of us doesn't always need a disclaimer of remembrance of where we are coming from and how well we are doing in comparison etc.

In some ways it is simply a way to try and deflect from the bolded bit in your post.

It isn't a disclaimer it is just an attempt to maintain a bit of level headed balance because its frankly badly missing at times.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’re carrying him. Get him off the pitch, it’s so damaging for the whole team. 

Leaps and bounds made this season but Barkley in the starting 11 seems to torpedo it. Use him as a sub when losing, otherwise stay on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'm quite angry on behalf of Anwar that he got dropped after his run of form for Barkley. What does that tell players on the edge of the first 11? You might get your chance, but what you do with it doesn't really matter. And Barkley continues to play no matter how poor a performance he turns in.

Surely Traore?

We are letting constant physical pressure force us into careless actions with the ball.  Move the ball more quickly.  Switch fields.  The pressure they are putting on the ball and the players that are close means the weak side is unmarked and open.  Make them pay for that aggression. 

But VT is it's own entertainment.  We say villa is horrible and worst play ever.  But if the roles were reversed we'd be saying that we're wasteful and not capitalizing and our lack of a killer instinct would doom us.

i would rather be us than them.  Fixing our performance is easily explained.  Fixing theirs is keep doing the same thing but hope to be luckier.

For all the talk about Brighton pressing us, nearly all of the poor play has been from the midfield higher up the pitch, and unforced. We've been giving the ball away straight from our throw ins etc

Its just sloppy by our players

Defenders+emi have been fine on the ball

• Like 1