Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

Don’t like to knock our own players but Barkley is not putting enough effort in imo

Knows he’s a shoe in as Chelski loan will want him playing as much as possible 

Reckon his attitude is what’s held his career back

Shame cus he is a talented player and I like him but he needs to get his finger out

do you think Barkley is a smeeeeee heeee

• Thanks 1

Just now, thunderball said:

We can’t play under a press this season. Can string any possession in the middle; too predictable on the left.

Barkley and McGinn not on it. Need to get Traore into the game. For me Barkley off, Jack goes middle with AEG on the left. Would think about Nakamba or Sanson coming on for McGinn too, possibly Luiz too with Nakamba anchoring the middle with more aggression with those in front of him.

AEG is never the answer......

Would do Sanson for Barkley and Trez for Traore.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Trying not to be a prick Re: Barkley again, but when I see Ollie sprinting everywhere, putting in tackles, getting booted and kicked all over the place ( As our Striker ), in comparison, it upsets me.

He hasn’t got it physically. Strong as a **** Ox but can’t cover the ground.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Because we've been poor but fairly secure and we've the best keeper in the league.

We will improve second half and they won't keep up that pressure.

Plus seen this from Brighton before.

Hope you're right. We often look like if we just got it to click we would carve teams open. Hoping it clicks second half.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

A bit of reality guys we ain't a top 4 side, we aren't even close we are a side that stopped up by the skin of our teeth and have excelled so far this season.

We don't have the right to turn up at places like Brighton and run the show.

We've been poor, but we are 0-0 and will I'm sure be better second half.

There’s a quite a bit of in-between between “running the show” and what we have just witnessed in fairness.

And I certainly hope you are right!

• Like 1

We can’t deal with the rapid press. We try to move the ball quickly in response but it isn’t happening today (Brighton have basically nobbled Jack at every opportunity to stop the out ball). 

Think Ross offers so little in the defensive sense. He might pop up with something at the offensive end of the pitch, but there’s a big 30mil hole in the middle of the pitch 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

A bit of reality guys we ain't a top 4 side, we aren't even close we are a side that stopped up by the skin of our teeth and have excelled so far this season.

Whilst this is true, 0.02 xG at half time against any team is embarrassing. Against Brighton, it's downright appalling.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I’m not expecting a top 4 performance. I’m just expecting Ross Barkley not to play for us anymore. 

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We've been poor

Which is more to the point.

What we are watching in front of us doesn't always need a disclaimer of remembrance of where we are coming from and how well we are doing in comparison etc.

In some ways it is simply an effort to try and deflect from the bolded bit in your post.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, est1874 said:

Whilst this is true, 0.02 xG at half time against any team is embarrassing. Against Brighton, it's downright appalling.

I've never ever ever once looked at XG or taken the slightest bit of interest in it, won't be starting today.

• Like 1

Sometimes when you watch us play, even when the results aren't coming, you think to yourself "someone's going to take a battering off us sooner or later" at he moment I'm concerned that in the next couple of weeks one of Leicester or Leeds will put six past us, the way we're playing we're due a kicking - it's only the fantastic work of the back four and keeper keeping us in games.

Brighton, west ham, Burnley, they know how to play us....they know our achilles heel.

this game needs workers, to counteract them.....we are just hanging around for the ball.....someone has to win the ball...and not give it away so cheaply

Edited by TRO