Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Just now, bobzy said:

Dunno - Brighton have been the better side but only really had 2 clear chances (one very good one).

I think the stats point correctly to who has been the better side, but it's not like we should be out of sight.  They should certainly be ahead, though.

Emi has made 3 massive saves and Brighton have had 2 free headers in the 6 yard box from corners go off target.

If you can't see how that could easily turn into 4 goals, then you might need to rewatch that half.

Just now, jim said:

It’s no secret how Brighton play. You would think we’ve been working all week on how to play against them.

We don't cope well with teams who press.

If you think this is bad, the Leeds game will be 10x more intensive than this.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

It isn't a disclaimer it is just an attempt to maintain a bit of level headed balance because its frankly badly missing at times.

The match thread is not the place for level-headedness.

People use the match thread to vent and have a bit of a laugh.

Bit like shouting ‘“my nan could have scored that” at the tele or in the ground etc, it’s always going to be full of BS and hyperbole. I wouldn’t read too much into any “OTT reactions”. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm quite angry on behalf of Anwar that he got dropped after his run of form for Barkley. What does that tell players on the edge of the first 11? You might get your chance, but what you do with it doesn't really matter. And Barkley continues to play no matter how poor a performance he turns in.

His first half performance against West Ham was the worst individual performance I have seen by anyone all season.

Just now, est1874 said:

I feel that way about maths and science sometimes too, but they don't lie.

We'll they kind of do

Because when we have an xg of 0.07 and score 2 goals it's "our finishing was good" 

When we have an xg of 5.6 and don't score its "our finishing was shit" 

Like all stats it ultimately means nothing