Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He's back up to cash, adequate enough I think to see out his contract, 1 year unless I'm mistaken. Just in time for a ready and waiting Kessler 🤞

Can't see anyone replacing cash in the near future.

Exactly. 2022/23 season we’ll hopefully see the first wave of academy boys regularly on the bench, Kesler, Barry and Jacob if he makes the grade (assuming he’s off on loan). JPB is at that stage now, as is Carney - and after Buendia he’s the player I’m most excited to see come through this season. 

After that there’ll hopefully be one or two  every season meeting the standard. 

Considering what’s just happened I’m mega positive. It’s nothing like our downward spiral when losing key players saw us sink closer to the trap-door every season. We’re coming out of this massively stronger than before. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Radness said:

Now we hav all this cash + bargaining power we should be poaching a wonderkid CB from Europe. Surely we can find a mature 20yo for 20-25mil, hopefully one with good passing abilities that can move to DCM if needed.

spot on

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Exactly. 2022/23 season we’ll hopefully see the first wave of academy boys regularly on the bench, Kesler, Barry and Jacob if he makes the grade (assuming he’s off on loan). JPB is at that stage now, as is Carney - and after Buendia he’s the player I’m most excited to see come through this season. 

After that there’ll hopefully be one or two  every season meeting the standard. 

Considering what’s just happened I’m mega positive. It’s nothing like our downward spiral when losing key players saw us sink closer to the trap-door every season. We’re coming out of this massively stronger than before. 

sorry no likes.

Totally agree, glad you mentioned the other youngsters. Jack was a once in a lifetime grad but Carney looks to have something about him, if we can produce another superstar that would be amazing. I'm hoping 3/4 of the others, especially Barry go on to have good careers.

I'd heard people mention Max Aarons but he would be a starter I think, doubtful he comes here for 20m to be a back up RB.

Freddy is fine for now, we can't do it all in one go.

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

Not alot spent in Europe this season , Inter who won Serie A are 50mil up in sales for example. I think we may well end up waiting till late in the window when clubs get more desperate to make further signings . I also think they is going to be alot of loans going on as that all clubs will be able to afford.

I do wonder if we do make some signings they will be like the one's we have made so far or we go for the exciting big name bums on seats / shirt selling player 

I suggest you watch Mr Baileys YouTube video.  Give him half a season and he’ll be that player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Freddie’s fine as a back up Right Back. Don’t think Kessler will make it tbh so we’ll probably be in for a right back next summer. 

I'm sure Young could play right back too if we needed him.

Keep hearing lots of talk about people wanting a CDM. Have we even been linked with any? I just don't think the club wants one or sees one in our system, outside of the odd game Nakamba will play. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Freddie’s fine as a back up Right Back. Don’t think Kessler will make it tbh so we’ll probably be in for a right back next summer. 

something tells me we'll shift freddie if we get tuanzebe in, especially if he does indeded only have a year left on his contract. gives us axel plus young as back up RBs. konsa has been quite adequate at RB in the past too

something tells me smith just never quite warmed to him. have made far worse signings

that southampton away game though........

• Like 1

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Interesting! Why do you think that? I must say I think he is an outstanding prospect. He was tremendous against Liverpool

I’ve watched  him quite a few times and I just don’t think he has that something special you need to see in younger players for them to make it at this level. Don’t get me wrong I’m sure he’ll still have a great career and I’m no football scout but I just can’t see it happening at the level we wish to be at.  Hopefully Im wrong.  

I think Ben Christen looks the better player. Is he a full back?

2 hours ago, Nabby said:

I do wonder if we do make some signings they will be like the one's we have made so far or we go for the exciting big name bums on seats / shirt selling player

**** me you're difficult to please aren't you!

48 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He's back up to cash, adequate enough I think to see out his contract, 1 year unless I'm mistaken. Just in time for a ready and waiting Kessler 🤞

Can't see anyone replacing cash in the near future.

Bogarde may be another option at right back if needed too, he has the pace and footballing ability to play there and would give him 1st team experience before he is physically strong enough for centre half. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suggest you watch Mr Baileys YouTube video.  Give him half a season and he’ll be that player. 

I think he is already meant to be that bum on seat player but cos of the Grealish saga he has gone completely under the radar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

You have touched on something, I have been aware of for some time....but just went with the flow of Jack being Jack and taking the rough with the smooth.

When Christian Purslow talks about 3 players sharing Jacks talent, it highlights the clubs awareness too.....This deal is a win/win for me, I just can't see past it being good for Jack and for Aston Villa.

we're all a bit raw right now, but in the fullness of time, I think it will prove to be a watershed moment for us.....We are going to be a team much harder to stop, much harder to negate, much harder to beat.

We have introduced lightning pace - clinical finishing- and a playmaker with many attributes Jack has.

I foresee us getting the ball forward to the front men ,much quicker.....that pace will open up new opportunities and outside Harry Kane, probably the best striker in the Division....He has vision, he is clinical and " Oven Ready"

But also attributes that Jack didn’t have. I don’t think I have seen Jack pinpoint those through balls that Buendia did to Watkins against Walsall 

2 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

But also attributes that Jack didn’t have. I don’t think I have seen Jack pinpoint those through balls that Buendia did to Watkins against Walsall 

ah you're doing jack a bit of a disservice there. did it a few times last season. through ball to watkins v arsenal and also v liverpool (though van dijk's legs i think?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I think he is already meant to be that bum on seat player but cos of the Grealish saga he has gone completely under the radar.

To be fair we haven’t really unveiled him yet. Once he arrives in England he’ll receive a great welcome. 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

ah you're doing jack a bit of a disservice there. did it a few times last season. through ball to watkins v arsenal and also v liverpool (though van dijk's legs i think?)

I know, but did you see the distance he did it from and the length the ball travelled. As a defender you just can’t foresee and defend against that