Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I do wonder if we do make some signings they will be like the one's we have made so far or we go for the exciting big name bums on seats / shirt selling player 

Isn't Buendia and Bailey exciting big name bums on seats already???

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Is Bailey not a bums on seat type player or Buendia?

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Isn't Buendia and Bailey exciting big name bums on seats already???

Hopefully they'll be getting bums off seats as everyone leaps up in celebration after they score or assist.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, garreth said:

I think we really need matty cash to have a bit of competition. I like matty but do think he needs someone to compete with him for the position to keep him on his toes and on his top game!  

Guilbert is still here isn’t he?

• Like 3

There's a distinct lack of the type of signings I was expecting from our new data oriented recruitment team so far, as all the names are obvious or higher priced.

However, if true, Joe Willock looks a decent player for 21y.o. Had an outstanding loan to Newcastle, and basically saved them from the relegation scrap. He looks a decent centre-mid and a fine ball carrier with quick feet, great distribution and an eye for goal - I think he's similar to ESR which is likely why they see him as surplus to requirements, especially as they are trying to raise money. NOt sure he is the calibre we are looking for, but his age and forward development may be exactly what we are looking for?

If he was £15m you would jump at it, but £25m when we have so much already in the middle and are looking for something more 'box-office' or an immediate upgrade on what we have, it seems a stretch?

Edited by thunderball

Laporta press conference this afternoon saying Barcelona are on the brink of bankruptcy. Probably looking for a relaxation of the wage cap from Spanish authorities, but if they did have a fire sale, we’ve quite a lot of ready cash to go and browse the merch. 

Frenkie de Jong or Pedri would turn a few heads. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Laporta press conference this afternoon saying Barcelona are on the brink of bankruptcy. Probably looking for a relaxation of the wage cap from Spanish authorities, but if they did have a fire sale, we’ve quite a lot of ready cash to go and browse the merch. 

Frenkie de Jong or Pedri would turn a few heads. 

If we were in for a chance of Pedri, my rocket would be so polished and shiny 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, thunderball said:

There's a distinct lack of the type of signings I was expecting from our new data oriented recruitment team so far, as all the names are obvious or higher priced.

However, if true, Joe Willock looks a decent player for 21y.o. Had an outstanding loan to Newcastle, and basically saved them from the relegation scrap. He looks a decent centre-mid and a fine ball carrier with quick feet, great distribution and an eye for goal - I think he's similar to ESR which is likely why they see him as surplus to requirements, especially as they are trying to raise money. NOt sure he is the calibre we are looking for, but his age and forward development may be exactly what we are looking for?

If he was £15m you would jump at it, but £25m when we have so much already in the middle and are looking for something more 'box-office' or an immediate upgrade on what we have, it seems a stretch?

Joe Willock isn't an exciting player at all, he just hit a purple patch for about a dozen games last year.

You can buy propper quality abroad for 25m

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Joe Willock isn't an exciting player at all, he just hit a purple patch for about a dozen games last year.

You can buy propper quality abroad for 25m

I would seriously question our whole structure and system if we pay anything for Willock. He couldn’t even get a start for Newcastle. Most of his goals came from the bench. He is a younger version of Conor without the sweet left foot. He will end up in the Championship at best.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Freddy is more than adequate, happy to have him back.

Im just not convinced freddy could overtake his name on the first team i mean nothing against freddy but i think he hasnt got what takes for the level we wabt to be at!

In my own olinion of course!

1 minute ago, garreth said:

Im just not convinced freddy could overtake his name on the first team i mean nothing against freddy but i think he hasnt got what takes for the level we wabt to be at!

Guilbert is more than a decent understudy to Cash for this season.

Hopefully Kesler does well during his loan and can challenge Cash and Guilbert next year. 

6 minutes ago, garreth said:

He's back up to cash, adequate enough I think to see out his contract, 1 year unless I'm mistaken. Just in time for a ready and waiting Kessler 🤞

Can't see anyone replacing cash in the near future.

• Like 3