Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I think Chukwuemeka has the ability of Willock but a much higher ceiling.

Exactly if you have a high ceiling player who more or less can perform like the supposed incoming player. 

what’s the point?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I know, but did you see the distance he did it from and the length the ball travelled. As a defender you just can’t foresee and defend against that 

oh i'm not disputing emi's ball was a cracker. just disputing you when you said it's an attribute jack doesnt have

but **** him, he's dead to me anyway

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Keep hearing lots of talk about people wanting a CDM. Have we even been linked with any? I just don't think the club wants one or sees one in our system, outside of the odd game Nakamba will play. 

Apparently we want a holding player. Tom Collomosse was the first to get Bailey too so may be something in this. This was also before Ings was announced so I think there's a good chance we're looking for a attacking mid and holding mid.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Bogarde may be another option at right back if needed too, he has the pace and footballing ability to play there and would give him 1st team experience before he is physically strong enough for centre half. 

Reckon Bogarde will be an excellent CDM. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Keep hearing lots of talk about people wanting a CDM. Have we even been linked with any? I just don't think the club wants one or sees one in our system, outside of the odd game Nakamba will play. 

Sorry to keep banging this drum but I think we’re still after Pape Matar Sarr. Only one senior season at Metz but per transfermarkt played more than half his games at DM, it’s just that he can play CM and AM too - scoring three (great) goals in the process. 

If he is the main target and we’re waiting to haggle over the fee then I’m not surprised about the lack of links to similar players. 

He looks the absolute business tbh. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

Sorry to keep banging this drum but I think we’re still after Pape Matar Sarr. Only one senior season at Metz but per transfermarkt played more than half his games at DM, it’s just that he can play CM and AM too - scoring three (great) goals in the process. 

If he is the main target and we’re waiting to haggle over the fee then I’m not surprised about the lack of links to similar players. 

Would absolutely love that move.

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Freddie’s fine as a back up Right Back. Don’t think Kessler will make it tbh so we’ll probably be in for a right back next summer. 

Is he not the guy the club gave an `unheard of for such a young player', 5 year contract?

Tim Iroegbunam is being underrated as a signing, a very highly rated youngster, of course he won't come straight into the first team, but having signing him it makes me doubt that we will sign another youngster that also plays as either a DM or Box to box midfielder, even if that youngster is further along in their development.

Then again, Iroegbunam and Mata Sarr are both versatile so maybe there's room for both of them.

22 minutes ago, Awol said:

I can see us getting him and easing him in over the course of a season but we really need someone a little more experienced to walk straight into the team. Very daunting task for a young lad to stroll into a premier league midfield after only one full season in Ligue 1.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I can see us getting him and easing him in over the course of a season but we really need someone a little more experienced to walk straight into the team. Very daunting task for a young lad to stroll into a premier league midfield after only one full season in Ligue 1.

True. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Hats off to Neil, that’s a real scoop! Great to hear how well the current management team are regarded in the game, the only way is up. 

I watched and Fab was very complimentary. Really enjoy Neil's podcasts in general. 

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:
2 hours ago, garreth said:

Guilbert is more than a decent understudy to Cash for this season.

I agree, Freddie’s stats are actually better than Cashy’s in most areas to be honest. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I watched and Fab was very complimentary. Really enjoy Neil's podcasts in general. 

It was a good watch. Nice to be on the radar of these ‘super ITK’s’ these days. Although, all the way through I was sat thinking “I bet Romano is having a tough time understanding him” because of the accent. 

Just saw the goal from the European Cup final against Bayern Munich and suddenly got this feeling that there is a resemblance between our new signings and the three involved in our goal that evening. 

Buendia is our new Shaw, both in size but also how he got free and pinpointed the pass to Morley. 

Bailey is our new Morley, with his twists and turns, something he showed plenty of in the YouTube video showed on here. 

And Ings is our new Withe with his clinical finish. 

could that be a sign? 🤔

1 hour ago, Awol said:

A bit raw but there’s a player in there, perhaps throwing him in the deep end will make him. Has the ability to break up play and then burst forward. Has a wicked shot on him as well

• Like 1