Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I can't say I've seen Cantwell play much but, looking at his statistics, he is not on the level we need to reach top6-8. A decent (not exceptional) championship /lower half Premier league player at best. 

There are some big plus points to Cantwell. His style of play is different to what we have now. He wouldn’t be coming in as a starter, but would be a good squad option to challenge for a place and cover for injuries if we get any. He has also played alongside Buendia and our track record of signing players who have recently played in the Championship is pretty good.

18 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

This is crazy. I have now seen many mentioning that AEG needs to go, be sold for,as low as 10m£  A player that scores double figured last season and a player who could have had more assists if our attackers had been more lethal in front of goal. Now we have Ings and people wants him to leave? 🤔🤨

Yes and for 10 or 15 million, we can do better by adding some money to his fee 

15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I can't say I've seen Cantwell play much but, looking at his statistics, he is not on the level we need to reach top6-8. A decent (not exceptional) championship /lower half Premier league player at best. 

What stats are bad. 3rd most fouled in Championship last season 2.7 per game would be 3rd in PL last season behind Grealish and Zaha. 1.6 key passes per game is same as lot of decent PL players. Successful dribble decent enough

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

@Czarnikjak has done a good breakdown of FFP and approximately how much we have to spend in the Finances thread.

I don't think we're done.

Not sure I agree with that. Didn't he say at the end he still has to account for the 100 million, that everything he did was prior to the Grealish sale?

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

No mate, we don't i'm sick of that **** shit.

looks over general all round talent?  not in my principles or methodology thinking.. It'd lazy scouting i l.ke Cantwell i actually suggested him on here years ago.

We need a Far East superstar who will generate millions from shirt sakes in Far East too coveringt the whole pacakge

Someone Jack Grealish will go WHO IS THAT? as he only knows player's like Ross Barkley. his mate.

Step forward Daichi Kamada who could generate sales for us like one Hidetoshi Nakata in the 90's the last Japanese superstar. Kamada plays in same way to Nakata.

I rate both Daichi Kamada and Hidetoshi Nakata highly.

Kamada.... so perfect for us. Would be an amazing signing on many levels.

Him, a cdm, and Axel on loan and I'd be ecstatic with our business...even with Jack going.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Him, a cdm, and Axel on loan and I'd be ecstatic with our business...even with Jack going.

Mr Black you know it mate. simple smart thinking.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Can we get a CB that's not made of glass or what good a back up is that?

• Like 1

In regards to Wesley I can't see us shipping him out permanently this window. This value will be down due to the injury. Either he stays as back up or goes out on loan. Personally I think Keinan will go on loan and Wesley will stay until least January to build his confidence back.

The way Purslow spoke  I think Smith will be under pressure to start bringing in some of the youngsters to the match day squad now.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah, I'd rather go for a young exciting prospect from the Championship than Tuanzebe. I wasn't that impressed when we had him before, not to mention his legs are made of Papier mache.

• Like 2

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Hence the loan part. He's only needed in emergencies. We have Hause primarily. If we lose 3 CBs to injury,  all before January, then we can buy a replacement then...

Obviously,  if we bought one instead of loaning Axel I'd also be happy, but conscious that our owners must think there is a youth option not far off and don't want to hinder them. Suspect if we go down the Axel loan option it's because there wasn't anything better available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Hence the loan part. He's only needed in emergencies. We have Hause primarily. If we lose 3 CBs to injury,  all before January, then we can buy a replacement then...

Obviously,  if we bought one instead of loaning Axel I'd also be happy, but conscious that our owners must think there is a youth option not far off and don't want to hinder them. Suspect if we go down the Axel loan option it's because there wasn't anything better available.

He also knows  a fair few of the players and could bed in quickly. Would also know Young from Man U.

• Thanks 1

My main hope for this summer is that we come out of it with a squad that is capable of playing Man City without them keeping the ball for 35 mins long periods of time. So I want players who are athletic enough and strong enough to combat their passing game and good enough on the ball to keep it for long enough to build some pressure when we do get it. 

The two times we play them will be the only time I see him play in a City shirt and I can’t bear the thought that we get smashed at a canter. 

• Like 4