Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

He also knows  a fair few of the players and could bed in quickly. Would also know Young from Man U.

Forgot the positives to the signing, but yes, those are them and it makes a lot of sense given the upheaval elsewhere in the team.

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Kamada.... so perfect for us. Would be an amazing signing on many levels.

Him, a cdm, and Axel on loan and I'd be ecstatic with our business...even with Jack going.

No offence but, where would he play? That front four is going to be Watkins, Buendia, Bailey and Ings. Luiz and McGinn will be behind again. Back five will be same as last season. The bench will be new keeper, Tuanzebe, Young, Chukuemeka, El Ghazi, Traore, Wesley. 

27 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Haha. Ok fair enough. I’m early 30s… What has promoted you to ask, though? 

we're looking for a midfielder😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

No offence but, where would he play? That front four is going to be Watkins, Buendia, Bailey and Ings. Luiz and McGinn will be behind again. Back five will be same as last season. The bench will be new keeper, Tuanzebe, Young, Chukuemeka, El Ghazi, Traore, Wesley. 

Watkins/Ings

Watkins/Ings     Kamada/Buendia     Buendia/bailey

Would be my guess. Options... I don't think it will happen, but would love it to. Guy is quality, he's great value, and he brings a huge following. 

• Like 2

So, we are actually 18m in the green in terms of transfers currently?? (fees estimated)

In : Buendia - 33m, Bailey - 30m, Ings - 25m, Young - 0m = 88m

Out : Grealish - 100m, Samatta - 5m, Engels 1m = 106m.

18m net positive. 😎

So if we had 70-80m to splash before Grealish was sold, we have somewhere between 80-100m left to spend if we wish probably?

I wonder if we might go for a top shelf DM like Bissouma? (40-50m), Tuanzebe on loan (5m), a free or cheap goalkeeper, so that all comes to 45-55m ish, then bank the other 40-60m for Jan and/or next summer??

Edited by MaVilla

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So, we are actually 18m in the green in terms of transfers currently?? (fees estimated)

In : Buendia - 33m, Bailey - 30m, Ings - 25m, Young - 0m = 88m

Out : Grealish - 100m, Samatta - 5m, Engels 1m = 106m.

18m net positive. 😎

So if we had 70-80m to splash before Grealish was sold, we have somewhere between 80-100m left to spend if we wish probably?

I wonder if we might go for a top shelf DM like Bissouma? (40-50m), Tuanzebe on loan (5m), a free or cheap goalkeeper, so that all comes to 45-55m ish, then bank the other 40-60m for Jan and/or next summer??

15 million - Koopmeiners 

50 million - Nkunku

Boom. Money left over for January or next summer.

• Like 1

I'm not entirely against going with what we've got and saving that Jack money until next summer, or a major January purchase. This season is now a bit of a transition however we look at it, personally I think we can do very well but perhaps we need to see how the new boys go before we add any more. Not that I'd mind a couple more big signings. 

Just now, Jareth said:

I'm not entirely against going with what we've got and saving that Jack money until next summer, or a major January purchase. This season is now a bit of a transition however we look at it, personally I think we can do very well but perhaps we need to see how the new boys go before we add any more. Not that I'd mind a couple more big signings. 

we desperately need a DM, that area is a massive glaring red flag right now, however, i agree that if we got a DM & Tuanzebe on loan, we could prob bank the rest until Jan/summer?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

we desperately need a DM, that area is a massive glaring red flag right now, however, i agree that if we got a DM & Tuanzebe on loan, we could prob bank the rest until Jan/summer?

Well we have a couple of those, probably not exactly what we need but would be interesting to see how they fare with what's in front of them. Our new forwards all have in common some excellent ball winning qualities, we've really changed the squad - I'm all for a couple more players - but to know next summer we had a potential £200mill budget with 12 months to plan for it, feels like not too bad a plan. 

44 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not sure I agree with that. Didn't he say at the end he still has to account for the 100 million, that everything he did was prior to the Grealish sale?

I said I don't think we're done meaning we'll buy more players. Which bit don't you agree with?

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Well we have a couple of those, probably not exactly what we need but would be interesting to see how they fare with what's in front of them. Our new forwards all have in common some excellent ball winning qualities, we've really changed the squad - I'm all for a couple more players - but to know next summer we had a potential £200mill budget with 12 months to plan for it, feels like not too bad a plan. 

i mean....a 200m budget in the summer would be nuts....

My only worry is, if it all goes to pot this season because we failed to just buy 1-2 core players now to take us to the next level (failed to strike while the iron was hot), then that 200m will be way harder to spend on the quality of players we would want to spend it on.

But ye.....pros and cons to all angles for sure.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I forgot Sanson for the bench too. Makes it even harder to fit another midfielder into the squad. 

For me, a keeper and Tuanzebe then we are done. I wouldn't mind more but just cannot see it. 

we dont need a midfielder in the Luiz, McGinn, Sanson vein (effectively 8s), we need a proper, top shelf DM, which we defo dont have right now.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I said I don't think we're done meaning we'll buy more players. Which bit don't you agree with?

Nevermind. My apologies. I've been staring at a screen too long and my mind went a little dyslexic. I read it as "I do think we're done."

So then I fully agree with you lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Watkins/Ings

Watkins/Ings     Kamada/Buendia     Buendia/bailey

Would be my guess. Options... I don't think it will happen, but would love it to. Guy is quality, he's great value, and he brings a huge following. 

And he's a high press kinda guy. It's one of those too good to turn down types. We'd seriously make inroads into the sky 6 with him in.

Just now, MaVilla said:

we dont need a midfielder in the Luiz, McGinn, Sanson vein (effectively 8s), we need a proper, top shelf DM, which we defo dont have right now.

I agree with tiy mate, I just cannot see them getting one. 

• Like 1