Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

Pape Matar Sarr, James Ward Prowse and Tuanzebe and the window would be an absolute **** success.

We aren't signing 2 more CMs when we have Nakamba Luiz Sanson McGinn plus youth. 1 CM signing possibly unless we sell the above mentioned. Tuanzebe is a sick note made of glass so we'd need another CB as cover for the cover

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We aren't signing 2 more CMs when we have Nakamba Luiz Sanson McGinn plus youth. 1 CM signing possibly unless we sell the above mentioned. Tuanzebe is a sick note made of glass so we'd need another CB as cover for the cover

He might go to city for 100 mill

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

He might go to city for 100 mill

As bad as Grealish is for getting injured has he been unavailable for 47 out of 76 league games the last 2 seasons from 3 different injuries picked up barely playing?

This is a great opportunity to strengthen the team and become a top side. A proper, balanced team with attacking threat from all sides. Solid in midfield and defence too and more dominant in possession. No reliance on a single player. Let’s stop playing on the back foot in games…

I’m not saying we should necessarily spend all of our remaining funds (as has been suggested by the tweet that was posted earlier) but to take the opportunities to genuinely upgrade where we can and really look to progress and become a more imposing and dangerous and formidable team.

I really don’t think we’re done, doesn’t make much sense to read too much into Purslow’s comments… we should realise by now that we run a fairly tight ship and want to keep things as “in house” as possible… nobody foresaw us signing Ings for example… that one really surprised me but after thinking on it I can see the logic and how much more deadly or clinical we are going to be in attack…

Tbh, I trust in Dean & Lange. Will back whatever business they do.

Doesn’t matter what my (or even others’) opinions or viewpoints are but we are entitled to express them and to see things differently… part of the fun…

Sure, new players usually need time to gel but I think we can afford more of that time now due to the lack of pressure and attention on us (because of the departure of a certain someone)..

On the other hand, if we sign exceptional players who make a quick impact then we can achieve a lot more than we originally thought. We can do even better… It’s a really good chance to become a more dominant force in this league if we add the right players of the right quality.

Maybe now, we can actually have a genuinely competitive squad with players fighting for those first team spots…. Maybe recent events have sped up the process for us… (actually exciting to think of that)

This seems like the time to strike… not sure if this kind of opportunity will come again…

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This is a great opportunity to strengthen the team and become a top side. A proper, balanced team with attacking threat from all sides. Solid in midfield and defence too and more dominant in possession. No reliance on a single player. Let’s stop playing on the back foot in games…

I’m not saying we should necessarily spend all of our remaining funds (as has been suggested by the tweet that was posted earlier) but to take the opportunities to genuinely upgrade where we can and really look to progress and become a more imposing and dangerous and formidable team.

I really don’t think we’re done, doesn’t make much sense to read too much into Purslow’s comments… we should realise by now that we run a fairly tight ship and want to keep things as “in house” as possible… nobody foresaw us signing Ings for example… that one really surprised me but after thinking on it I can see the logic and how much more deadly or clinical we are going to be in attack…

Tbh, I trust in Dean & Lange. Will back whatever business they do.

Doesn’t matter what my (or even others’) opinions or viewpoints are but we are entitled to express them and to see things differently… part of the fun…

Sure, new players usually need time to gel but I think we can afford more of that time now due to the lack of pressure and attention on us (because of the departure of a certain someone)..

On the other hand, if we sign exceptional players who make a quick impact then we can achieve a lot more than we originally thought. We can do even better… It’s a really good chance to become a more dominant force in this league if we add the right players of the right quality.

Maybe now, we can actually have a genuinely competitive squad with players fighting for those first team spots…. Maybe recent events have sped up the process for us… (actually exciting to think of that)

This seems like the time to strike… not sure if this kind of opportunity will come again…

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

https://tbrfootball.com/aston-villa-fans-want-liverpool-star-as-bargain-release-clause-emerges/

Xherdan Shaqiri?  Fantastic player, but he's picked up so many injuries since moving to Liverpool that even at 13 million pounds, I wouldn't even consider the move...

Ings has shown we will sign players that boost us in the here and now. Therefore it's possible. 

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

https://tbrfootball.com/aston-villa-fans-want-liverpool-star-as-bargain-release-clause-emerges/

Xherdan Shaqiri?  Fantastic player, but he's picked up so many injuries since moving to Liverpool that even at 13 million pounds, I wouldn't even consider the move...

The guy is so hit and miss I wouldn't want him in starting XI

Whenever I’ve seen Shaqiri play he always seems to want to shoot from everywhere. I don’t think he would suit the way that we play. Plus he is one of those players that I would deem injury prone. I might be wrong but he does seem to have had quite a few fitness issues over the last few years.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah, you dont spunk 25m on the joint second most prolific striker in the Prem over the last 2 seasons, and whack him on the bench.

I can 100% see Deano finding a way to have both Watkins & Ings in the first 11, Watkins probably as left inside forward, Ings as the striker, heck, they could prob interchange during the match!

Ings often plays something of a false 9 role with Southampton so I can see him and Ollie both being in the center playing off one another with Buendia and Bailey/Traore on the wings.

• Like 1

I'd say we need a couple more, surely were not done now there some extra bank in Villa???

I do not even have a clue where to start now with who I'd want at Villa, it's been abit manic this window and crackers.

I need to have a good look abroad at some players.

I guess we're done now in the striker department this window.

Think midfielder, CB and a CDM may be what we need next ay?

Remo Freuler-age 29-CM,AM and DM...

Stanislav Labotka- age 26-DM and CM..

His evading and defensive skills I like

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Lets play a little game then......

You have 100m to spend from this point....

Who are you buying? 

What problem are you trying to fix?

Who are you selling?

Out:

AEG - £15+M
Dougie (sadly) - £25-30M

Conor - £5M

Wes - Loan with view to sell

J Ramsey - Loan

In:

Pape Matar Sarr - £25M (DCM)

JWP - £40-45M - CM

Julian Alvarez - 20M - utility forward

(all on 5 year contracts)

Axel - Loan (4-5M?) - CB cover

With the revenue from Jack and other sales we can do that all within FFP with headroom for next year. 

JWP is an immediate starter, Sarr and Alvarez bedded in gradually. For example, I’d trust JWP and SJM to start the season as a 2 in a 4-2-3-1 with the option of great subs to bring on as required. 

Top quality XI back to front, a great bench, sufficient options to play different formations comfortably, and a genuine shot at Europe this season. We’d also start against Watford with Bailey as the only player without Prem experience. 

Revolution not evolution, giving us the squad to kick on to the next level as a top 6 team.

XI for Watford: 

Martinez (c)

Mings

Konsa

Targett

Cash

McGinn

Ward Prowse

Buendia

Bailey

Ings

Watkins

Unbelievable team, imo. 

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You know what? This is going to sound weird but…

I’m actually more excited or feeling more enthusiastic now that JG is gone (I no longer have time or energy for him, not fussed) and that we have major funds to utilise… we actually seem to be in a stronger position, especially going forward…

But it also does depend heavily on what further signings we make, how well we strengthen and invest further..

Not so long ago, we had JG playing with the likes of Trez and El Ghazi, with Wesley and later Samatta upfront. What a lopsided and weak attack that was…

We improved by adding Traore and a proper CF in Ollie (even Barkley initially did well buts let’s discount him for barely having an impact or contribution over the course of the whole season).

To go from that, to having Bailey (! Could he develop into a better or more effective player than JG? He’s still young… more attacking output?) and Buendia (going to be a phenomenal player for us, creative monster, stats/output are/will be right up there and he will bust a gut for this team) assisting Ollie (who should be even better) and now adding Ings (deadly goalscorer)… 

… that is certainly not something to be downhearted or despondent about. 

These are players of genuinely high quality… not to be underestimated…

And who else are we going to add, whether that’s this season or beyond?  So exciting…

We will stop relying so heavily on one player, we will carry threats from all sides and become more balanced and complete. With more quality and a more competitive squad, an injury or suspension to an attacking player won’t hit us anywhere near as hard as it has done and the drop off to the alternative players won’t be anywhere near as drastic…

Things are looking up lads… forget the recent doom and gloom…

Now let’s go n get Kamada and a proper, dominant DM! 🤣

lol. Once again.

spacer.png

• Haha 1