Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I saw a chart which showed how much each club can spend this summer via FFP rules...  Villa had the 2nd lowest budget of any club at 40 million pounds.  Will have to sell El Ghazi/Hourihane to balance the FFP books now and will probably have one more CB in on loan this season. Next summer we'll probably only add 2-3 more as well, unless we're going to start flipping players for more money and reinvesting again.  

FFP is what's going to start holding us back now more than anything.  As much as I would hate to lose Jack, his transfer fee would be 100% profit and we'd be able to accelerate our progression by 2 years, if we invested properly.  

Link to the chart source would be appreciated 

3 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

A £25m defender, Milenkovic is most certainly not.  I'd barely have him ahead of Hause, let alone Konsa or Mings.

If we are going to spend the thick end of £20 mill on a Balkan defender then rather it be Duje Ćaleta-Car from Marseille, the guys class… 

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

This is a very, very low bar to clear.  He's bang average, and those stats need to be looked at in the context of being part of a long-standing Beppeball side that treats possession of the ball like herpes.

He's hyped off the back of coming through at a young age and being built like a brick shithouse.  Has the benefit of time on his side, sure, but he is absolutely miles away from the quality of our starting back-line.

I wouldn't have him ahead of Konsa and Mings, either. My contention was with your assertion that he isn't worth £25 million. That's the going rate for a starting caliber CB these days, and just because he wouldn't start here doesn't mean he can't start elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Tough to call Damsgaard. He looked great at the Euros but his numbers in the league don't look promising. I'll concede to those who have seen more of him but £35m is a lot for somebody with 2 goals and 4 assists last season.

I watch a lot of Serie A. The Damsgaard we saw at the Euros was the dream of what he could end up being, but it's hard to say that's who he is now. What I saw at Sampdoria is a smart, gifted player who gets a bit loose with the ball at his feet, but never stops pressing when he doesn't have the ball. You're buying on potential. If he joined Villa he'd be in the squad but not necessarily playing every week. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I saw a chart which showed how much each club can spend this summer via FFP rules...  Villa had the 2nd lowest budget of any club at 40 million pounds.  Will have to sell El Ghazi/Hourihane to balance the FFP books now and will probably have one more CB in on loan this season. Next summer we'll probably only add 2-3 more as well, unless we're going to start flipping players for more money and reinvesting again.  

FFP is what's going to start holding us back now more than anything.  As much as I would hate to lose Jack, his transfer fee would be 100% profit and we'd be able to accelerate our progression by 2 years, if we invested properly.  

The chart wouldn't account for a significant rise in earnings though would it?  Perhaps the board can see an uplift and are prepared to gamble?

24 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If we are going to spend the thick end of £20 mill on a Balkan defender then rather it be Duje Ćaleta-Car from Marseille, the guys class… 

Looks good. Also, I'd have it in his contract that he needs to keep his beard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, El Zen said:

So our central midfield is reliable, solid and consistantly good without being flashy? I can live with that! 

We have Senna in the middle....teams run at us and we get the **its.

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Link to the chart source would be appreciated 

I knew I should have screenshotted it and saved it.  I'll have to do some digging.  It was in one of the "Grealish Bid Extended" articles over the weekend which was making the case that Man City could buy both Jack and Harry Kane and still be under their allotment.  

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

You tube doesn't account for consistency, that aside, looks a very decent CB on those clips.