Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He isn't. He's played more games at RM in a 442 and 1 less at LM in 442 than he has at CF. He's played at RB 19 times I think that was one season several seasons ago. He's no more a striker than lots of our attacking forwards he's just plugged a gap because Haller was a flop

The guy had 24 starts last season all at the striker position. I think he was playing there at the end of the season before too. Literally hasn't played at RM, LM and RB in at least an entire season. 

I can believe that he was originally only a makeshift striker when he started playing there but its clear they see him as a proper striker now. Especially considering he's doing pretty good for them playing up front. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I can believe that he was originally only a makeshift striker when he started playing there but its clear they see him as a proper striker now. Especially considering he's doing pretty good for them playing up front.

So someone that's not a recognised striker in some people's eyes can be made into a striker. That's been my point for months 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Loxstock92 said:

ok so there hasn’t been any link reported however someone has spotted that Jonathan David has liked one of our IG posts despite not following any of ours players.

I know we had a similar thing with sarr earlier but is this just too random?

We have probably left him hanging and haven't told him we have signed Bailey instead. Poor lad thinks he still has a chance of coming to the mighty Villa! 

Edited by Made In Aston

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We have probably left him hanging and haven't told him we have signed Bailey instead. Poor lad thinks he still has a chance of coming to the mighty Villa! 

Different positions. Sounds like he's got a similar positional game to Alvarez, SS or Striker

• Like 1

Yes please to Johnathan David, not that his liking a post means diddly squat but he is the sort Of player who’ll take us up a level. 

I now don’t really fear Jack leaving us. It would solve FFP with an injection of £100 mill pure profit and a attacking collective of; Watkins, Bailey, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, & say JDavid is class. Obviously rather he stayed, but sacrifice one in order to improve the 25 does have its merits. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Imagine keeping Grealish spending 100m on Buendia, Bailey and JWP and getting a couple of experienced free heads like Young and Cahill - what a team and squad we’d have!!

If we keep Jack and get Bailey and JWP, Dean really will have lived up to his comments about wanting more creativity this window. We should definitely be able to break the teams down that just sat back against us and went for a smash and grab. It was brilliant watching us do well against the “big” teams last season but we also dropped points in games that were there for the taking and fortunately it looks like we are trying to address this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Old news but this would’ve been a nice one to bring in. Wonder how much Raiola is fleecing them for.

moved him to a team where in 2 years he can move him again

surprised no mid table PL teams took the chance on him tbh probably the raiola factor

Jonathan David is the kinda stealth Jedi move out of nowhere I’ve been anticipating us to make. With Wesley out for so long and now Davis injured be interesting couple of weeks ahead on the striker front. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Will probably be record loss in transfer fees

Sad and probs true and through no real fault of his own. Gutted for him but we must be ruthless. I’m fully on the Jonathan David is replacing him bandwagon based on eff all lol … McGrath we need a signing !