Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Need another CB ASAP… all this summers hard work could be undone first few games of Konsa of Mings get injured … we literally only have Hause as back up WTF … Dangerous game to play 

I agree but it's same as backup striker argument. Good enough at reasonable price but not demanding starting spot. You can use same what if Mee does a job on Watkins for Mings or Konsa. People expect Mings and Konsa to play every game if fit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He isn't. He's played more games at RM in a 442 and 1 less at LM in 442 than he has at CF. He's played at RB 19 times I think that was one season several seasons ago. He's no more a striker than lots of our attacking forwards he's just plugged a gap because Haller was a flop

Antonio has been a striker for nearly 2 years now

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I agree but it's same as backup striker argument. Good enough at reasonable price but not demanding starting spot. You can use same what if Mee does a job on Watkins for Mings or Konsa. People expect Mings and Konsa to play every game if fit 

I expected to go for Tosin from Fulham for £12 mill as he ticks multiple boxes. I’m sure they have it planned out but it is a worry. As you said we have players who can do a job if required up front. Cannot see Luiz etc dropping back into CD though if injuries Mount up… 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Antonio has been a striker for nearly 2 years now

That's true. 3 seasons ago only played 9 out of 38 as CF. It's almost as if some players that didn't start out as strikers can do the job.

P.S. Can't believe he's 31. Thought he was 27-28 tops 

Anyone else feel Gary Cahill would be a good shout as our back up centre back? Another experienced head to pass on wisdom, previous links with the club and won't block our own youngsters progress, just like Ashley Young. Not resigning with Crystal Palace it was confirmed today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Anyone else feel Gary Cahill would be a good shout as our back up centre back? Another experienced head to pass on wisdom, previous links with the club and won't block our own youngsters progress, just like Ashley Young. Not resigning with Crystal Palace it was confirmed today.

we were on about this yesterday, he's been a top pro and if his body is up to it then he's a good shout for 12 months

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Yes, that did occur to me too, a bit like Terry's last hurrah. He was injured a fair bit for Palace though, as you might expect at his age. Not convinced he would be a safe back-up if/when one of our preferred pair gets crocked!

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

we were on about this yesterday, he's been a top pro and if his body is up to it then he's a good shout for 12 months

I was on about this two years ago to be fair, his experience would have been immense in our first season back in the PL.

Also still think he could be a great help!

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I was on about this two years ago to be fair, his experience would have been immense in our first season back in the PL.

Also still think he could be a great help!

yes, same argument then and some said no chance but he's still at it. I'd give him a go.

• Haha 1