Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

To kick on - we need a couple of top notch £40m players.

Just adding more £15m players won't really cut....(there are exceptions of cause but in general think big impact at first team level)

• Like 1

We just need to go and find a player who can do about 20% of the Grealish role and we'll be ok.

Grealish gets an injury every season, every time we realise even more how vital he is and we still haven't fixed it. Needs to be addressed this summer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Rhian Brewster would be a great replacement for Keinan in the squad (obviously not in terms of style). He has been poor for Sheffield, is a sellable asset when they drop so potentially will be at a cut price and still has a lot of potential. His style was never suited to Wilders Blades, he'll pick up his potential in a side that play football. 

There isn't a lot of value to be had in Sheffields squad, Berge and Brewster will be their assets most likely to remain in the Prem. O'Connell too but can see him staying with them

but why do we look at relegated teams.....they are relegated for a reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Which rumblings? How young? Rated by who?

Clickbait... 17-19 yo (too old for Andrew) Lange & Mackenzie... Names? 

Take a pick...  https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/08/next-generation-2020-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

Or ... 

https://acefootball.com/football-news/the-worlds-50-best-young-players-under-20-have-been-named/

FC Barcelona forward Ansu Fati has been ranked as the best young player under the age of 20 by French outlet L’Equipe, 

Edited by thabucks

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Clickbait... 17-19 yo (too old for Andrew) Lange & Mackenzie... Names? 

Take a pick...  https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/oct/08/next-generation-2020-60-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

From that list I want Prince Kwabena Adu, simply because I love the name. 

Bartol Barisic, because he looks like a serial killer.

And Xavi Simons, because hey, that hair. 

Disclaimer: I've never heard of any of them. 

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wish we had Bamba and Ikone. Or Timothy Weah. Or Patson Daka, or Sekou Koita. 

One of the nice things about Timo Weah is that he can play anywhere along the front line, but I feel like he's just growing into a bigger role at Lille, who have been pretty fantastic this season. I think a sustained run of match time without injury issues will provide a better idea of whether he's got a future there.

I, for one, would love to see a bid for Daryl Dike, who makes Keinan Davis look lightweight, is deceptively nimble, and unlike Keinan Davis, there's actual footage of him scoring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Heard of loads in the second list and only a few from the first.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

One of the nice things about Timo Weah is that he can play anywhere along the front line, but I feel like he's just growing into a bigger role at Lille, who have been pretty fantastic this season. I think a sustained run of match time without injury issues will provide a better idea of whether he's got a future there.

I, for one, would love to see a bid for Daryl Dike, who makes Keinan Davis look lightweight, is deceptively nimble, and unlike Keinan Davis, there's actual footage of him scoring.

think I read somewhere today that a big 6 team looked into buying him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move permanently in the summer.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

There was a definite thump when he made contact. Nifty celebration too.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hippo said:

To kick on - we need a couple of top notch £40m players.

Just adding more £15m players won't really cut....(there are exceptions of cause but in general think big impact at first team level)

Joelinton was £45m ............ 

16 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

think I read somewhere today that a big 6 team looked into buying him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move permanently in the summer.

I saw that, too, but I'm not sure I see him being a good fit for any of them. The last thing I'd want is for him to end up as part of some loan army that never sees action with the first team. I'd much rather see him find his feet with a stable team he can grow into. Among current Premiership clubs, I think West Ham probably makes the most sense, but would love to see him here at Villa.

• Like 1

Elmo, taylor davis - out

2 New wingers, so Jack can play no 10

1 centre mid. 

These 3 have to be quality.

I've love a winger who can

a)cross, or b) dribble past players. Or if we buy quality both.

If we had jack last night we win 3 0.

We badly need a new wide option on the right, and when I say option I mean massive upgrade. 

Traore has moments of brilliance but is a frustrating player and not someone I'd have as a starting player.

Trez and El Ghazi I'd sell at least one. They're OK subs for a lower half PL club but not much more. I actually quite like El Ghazi and he pops up with a few goals but his contribution from open play is not enough most nights.

We need someone on the right who is good enough that our opponents can't constantly double team (Kenneth gif) on Grealish and who will stretch the opponents and create space in the middle (Kenneth gif again).

Obviously we also need a couple more quality signings.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Only one from that list that we should be going all out for, and for obvious reasons. I will not accept any less.

500.jpg
Tomás Ángel
ClubAtlético Nacional
PositionForward
Born20 February 2003
Ever since he burst on the scene at the esteemed Pony Fútbol junior tournament aged 12, there’s been bubbling interest in the budding career of Tomás Ángel. A reputation undoubtedly enhanced by the fact his dad is none other than the ex-Aston Villa striker Juan Pablo, Tomás has nonetheless generated significant intrigue on his own merit by regularly topping the goal-scoring charts for his U15s side, CD Estudiantil, and through the many viral videos that have swept Twitter in recent years. At the start of 2020 he followed in the footsteps of his father by joining the Under-17s at mighty Atlético Nacional, quickly earning an invite from first-team manager Juan Carlos Osorio to train with the seniors. Mature beyond his tender years and boasting exquisite technique and a sweet left foot, Tommy is more than a chip off the old block. “Tomás Ángel has generated logical expectations and not only because of his surname,” says Medellín-based journalist Santiago Aristizábal, who has followed his career for several years. “He has demonstrated his talent playing in official tournaments and this has confirmed he’s a footballer with a bright future.”Carl Worswick
Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

We’re naturally shedding some squad players this summer, with Elmo & Taylor’s contracts running down. I think we need to turn to our emerging youngsters now to fulfill the role of back up to Cash & Targett, no point spending £s on back up players this summer when we need every penny to purchase starting players. I’d not be spending anymore £s on Ross Barkley beyond his loan agreement, either. I think we should be looking to play Grealish in the Barkley role, a massive upgrade on Ross and doesn’t cost us a penny. We need a CM/DM to upgrade from McGinn, who just hasn’t looked remotely like  the McGinn we once knew from before his ankle injury 15-16months ago. We need a good LW, an alternative CF, in addition to the aforementioned upgrade for McGinn.......as a minimum.