Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Awol said:

7 goals, 7 assists in 27 this season, just turned 28 in January, French international and out of contract in June so free to a good home. 

19/20 season: injured and only played 2 games.

18/19 season: 16 goals, 8 assists in 33 games. 

17/18 season: 22 goals, 11 assists in 35 games.

33 goal contributions in one season is just amazing.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

33 goal contributions in one season is just amazing.

Yep. On a free is an absolute no-brainer. Could then pump the cash into an attacking CM or left wing and a striker. We need three new attacking players either way 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Kozak was absolutely awful. I never got the cult like status he got. 

He scored goals that won us some points when we were pretty awful?

Jumping in with the fans after every goal was popular celebration.

He was very awkward to watch but we've had loads of worse strikers than him in last decade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yep. On a free is an absolute no-brainer. Could then pump the cash into an attacking CM or left wing and a striker. We need three new attacking players either way 

I'd like three we could get away with one.

The most important signing is a DCM of such quality it allows the rest of the more forward thinking players to stay further up the pitch. Koopmeiners is that player.

The most important forward signing is someone who can play wide forward and preferably at 10 as well, also a very high quality signing.

The others we could do with just need to be good players who can be much cheaper if we can't afford much after buying for those two positions.

Just watching Burnley game on MOTD...surely someone we could sign who could make decent short term impact and be viable plan B is Chris Wood?

Fantastic focal point in their attack, great attacking crosses as he showed against us pretty much every season. Only scored 6 so far although he has missed a few games with injury so record is still in 3. Last season he scored 14 league goals, previous season 10, season before 10...

It's a fair bit better than Kienan Davis isn't it? The sort aswell who probably would fancy a wage increase and wouldn't kick up a fuss if he wasn't starting every week.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just watching Burnley game on MOTD...surely someone we could sign who could make decent short term impact and be viable plan B is Chris Wood?

Fantastic focal point in their attack, great attacking crosses as he showed against us pretty much every season. Only scored 6 so far although he has missed a few games with injury so record is still in 3. Last season he scored 14 league goals, previous season 10, season before 10...

It's a fair bit better than Kienan Davis isn't it? The sort aswell who probably would fancy a wage increase and wouldn't kick up a fuss if he wasn't starting every week.

Probably looking at £20m plus on a 29 year old with an 'ok' scoring record. Not for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Probably looking at £20m plus on a 29 year old with an 'ok' scoring record. Not for me.

I had him in similar range to what Calum Wilson would've cost last summer. Two years left on his deal so Burnley will have decision to make soon.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I had him in similar range to what Calum Wilson would've cost last summer. Two years left on his deal so Burnley will have decision to make soon.

Main difference being that Bournemouth went down and Burnley won't so can demand a bigger fee. £20-£25 mill is what they'd ask for in my opinion. Not worth it at that price. Would be a decent shout at half that.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Dwight McNeil would be such a good buy.

Can play RW, LW and has excellent delivery.

Dunno what's going on with Burnley's new owners, but he'd probably cost over £40m.

Completely agree, gives us the option of moving Jack inside as well. Would much rather pay a bit over the odds for McNeil than buy Barkley

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

well the other thing is that Barnsley are on fire right now so if they do get promoted, I'd think they would want him

It's possible. I'm no expert on transfer policy, but from what I've read, Barnsley's approach is right in line with part-owner Billy Beane's moneyball strategy. That means their most expensive transfer to date has been like £2 million or something paltry like that. If the "Big Six" offer Orlando City just rejected for Dike was reportedly $10 million, I don't see how Barnsley are going to be willing to meet the the market value.

Now, as for the $20 million buyout clause in the loan, that seems high and it's been reported that it's actually much lower than that. If it's less than the $10 million offered by the Premiership club, I don't know what that means for Barnsley's ability to activate the buyout and then turn around and sell him to a higher bidder. This kinda thing ain't my wheelhouse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yea, I don't want to pay the money required for a 29 year old with his record.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Dunno what's going on with Burnley's new owners, but he'd probably cost over £40m.

I am not sure he would be, especially for the money Burnley would want.

1 hour ago, mole86 said:

Would much rather pay a bit over the odds for McNeil than buy Barkley

I'd rather we use transfer funds more wisely on better established players altogether.

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Can play RW, LW and has excellent delivery.

I can literally think of dozens of players who would be better purchases for that kind of money.

Never seen anything from McNeil to make me think I want him at Villa and for the price Burnley would want not a chance. 

Villa fans rage over El Ghazi and Traore but want to spend god knows how much on McNeil who has managed 6 goals over 3 seasons with a few assists. I don’t get it.

• Thanks 2

No point having a DOF and a scouting team if the best we can come up with is Dwight McNeill for a shit load of money.

Look at Raphinha at Leeds. Cost something like £18m and looks far better than McNeill. We should be able to find a top winger if we're going to spend the sort of money Burnley would want.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

No point having a DOF and a scouting team if the best we can come up with is Dwight McNeill for a shit load of money.

Look at Raphinha at Leeds. Cost something like £18m and looks far better than McNeill. We should be able to find a top winger if we're going to spend the sort of money Burnley would want.

Agreed. Our first team is pretty good when everyone is fit. The problem is that our rotation options are dog shit. I think we can afford spending less on some less known talents and gamble they come right. Like Raphinha. Or Konsa for that matter. 

Another thing for me is that when a player comes with a big price tag, they often expect to play football. If we have a different approach to it, they might be more patient when it comes to rotation and waiting for their chance. 

But our foreign scouting has been utter shite for years. Can't even remember the last good player / success story we bought from abroad. Benteke?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’d say the same to anyone pining for Tammy to return .... 

• Like 1

I think people are being harsh on McNeil he has a lot of upside to his game and has been Burnley most  creative for 2 or 3 seasons now. I see him like Young at Watford or even Jack at Villa last season. A player better than whats around him and can get better 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mole86 said:

Completely agree, gives us the option of moving Jack inside as well. Would much rather pay a bit over the odds for McNeil than buy Barkley

I think this should be the plan next season. Jack becomes the 10 and we get a top class winger in, maybe 2.

Then get a solid cm to play alongside luiz, and sanson and mcginn to rotate and challenge for spots. 

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

Never seen anything from McNeil to make me think I want him at Villa and for the price Burnley would want not a chance. 

Villa fans rage over El Ghazi and Traore but want to spend god knows how much on McNeil who has managed 6 goals over 3 seasons with a few assists. I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Spot on the both of you.