Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Time to put in a cheeky bid for Allan, Doucoure and Godfrey????!!!! (Ancelotti has left Everton this morning - just to provide a bit of context to my otherwise random comment.)

Edited by allani

9 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

What about ousmane dembele from barca. Very injury prone but is a top top player when fit. 

I think Dembele is rubbish. A prime example of Barca’s terrible transfer policy the last few years.

Talk of him and players like Vinicius Jnr are no where near the type of player we will sign in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

21 games in PL since debut season at CAM 0 goals 3 assists

54 games in PL at LW 14 goals 12 assists

Majority of goals at CAM was in Championship

71 games 12 goals 14 assists. 

He's much more effective in PL at LW

the daily show boom GIF

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Total.stats means nothing when comparing positions.

All you have done over recent months is spouting stats about Jacks positioning and again somebody has blown your assertions out of the water.  Now stats for comparison mean nothing?!?!

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems Nuno is off to Palace.

They've got a total rebuild.

Any good young players to poach?

Poach - from Palace or Wolves?

Nuno will good for Palace, he will move them forward.

Wolves: Neto would be nice?

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems Nuno is off to Palace.

They've got a total rebuild.

Any good young players to poach?

Looking forward to watching how Crystal Portugal line up in a couple of transfer windows time...

Just now, Steero113 said:

Looking forward to watching how Crystal Portugal line up in a couple of transfer windows time...

Won’t look as good as Argentina Villa 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I think Dembele is rubbish. A prime example of Barca’s terrible transfer policy the last few years.

Talk of him and players like Vinicius Jnr are no where near the type of player we will sign in my opinion.

Dembele is another one with a track record of a bad attitude, don't touch him plus the wages would be stupid.

Stick to our plan, bring in good players with a high ceiling!

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Was interested to see if this was right and apparently he’s on £93.5k per week

Vinicius Junior salary

Less than Barkley? We can afford that. 

The live salary counter on that at the bottom " Since you have been reading this article, Vinicius Junior has earned xxx " made me feel like shite.

Off to do some work!

EDIT: He earned about 40 euros in the time I wasted to look at the article.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Was interested to see if this was right and apparently he’s on £93.5k per week

Vinicius Junior salary

Less than Barkley? We can afford that. 

Apparently according to another site he's on £190k per week. I looked up a couple of sites earlier on Everton player wages and there were some wild variations

Edited by Kiwivillan

Kind of enjoying all the wild speculation in the media.

Now smith has doubts over tammy ? 

The recruitment team who are heavily stats based will have their targets, who ever they are. They aren't going to suddenly have doubts unless an injury occurs.

Just hope whoever we get in does the business and helps the team move forwards.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

All you have done over recent months is spouting stats about Jacks positioning and again somebody has blown your assertions out of the water.  Now stats for comparison mean nothing?!?!

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Who needs facts and experts when opinions and bluster carry more weight.  Works in politics and "journalism" these days so should be good enough on a football discussion board. 😉🙂

• Haha 1

I'm seeing this Steer loan completely differently to the comments so far. Give him regular competitive game time to keep him sharp, but have a recall clause for any injury to Emi. We can have a young goalie on the bench for the off-chance of an in-game injury, but if it's anything longer-term, back comes a match-fit Jed. 

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Apparently according to another site he's on £190k per week. I looked up a couple of sites earlier on Everton player wages and there were some wild variations

Fair enough. Do you have a link to the site claiming £190k pw? Be interesting to have a look. 👍

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm seeing this Steer loan completely differently to the comments so far. Give him regular competitive game time to keep him sharp, but have a recall clause for any injury to Emi. We can have a young goalie on the bench for the off-chance of an in-game injury, but if it's anything longer-term, back comes a match-fit Jed. 

I really struggle to see that mate.  What you are saying in theory is ok but reality I wouldnt think that's what they are trying to do.  I'm not sure Steer would want to be a yoyo and the club loaning him being at that risk themselves.  You go on loan with the intention of not being called back during that loan period.  In the scenario you are suggesting there is a huge risk for loaning club.  The only people that benefit are Villa, the player and the loaning club I'm not convinced it's a great deal.  Obviously goalkeepers dont get injured often but if Emi starts the first few games and then gets injured after the transfer window is closed and Steer is called back then the loaning club is screwed until next window.

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Fair enough. Do you have a link to the site claiming £190k pw? Be interesting to have a look. 👍

Just had a look at the Google search and 3 different articles had him on £75k €144k £190k so can't take any seriously

Think we need atleast two creative players this summer. 

Jack's shin problems I can see being a long term problem with lots of nursing needed. Possibly even for the rest of his career. 

AMC/RW OR LW/DMC/LB 

please let one be good at set pieces. 

• Like 3