Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Preece saying we're spending the bulk of our money on Buendia? If that's the case, we better hope we can find some gems for 5-10m abroad...

I'd rather spend it on proper kids because those players for 5 -10 million are usually not what's required and sit on the wage bill.

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Jed Steer is due a testimonial in two years!

Earned it with some stunning performances in the championship to be fair. Wouldn’t be where we are now without them, and for that reason I would like him to be backup to Emi and not bother with a different keeper.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why do people seemingly want major surgery, again?

Give me 2 or 3 players of quality and let's go. We're way beyond the need for half a dozen new faces to integrate, in fact it would be extremely detrimental. We certainly don't need an overhaul to challenge for Europe. 

Buendia being the big fish would be delightful, bring it on. 

Barring injuries and a couple of signings Liverpool have basically played the same 11-13 players 3 seasons in a row. In that time they've bought some big name signings that barely kick a ball in the PL then get farmed out to a non threatening PL team and do nothing

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

21 million quid. I can see them loaning him out abroad as his contributions have dropped massively and paying that sort of money for a squad player is nuts

It's not good value and it's nuts for a none top 10/15 worldwide club, but you should check out the wage bills of the big clubs. They are enormous some of them are like 250m a year.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

If there’s any truth to this, we must be bringing in another GK…

Gazzaniga on a free?

If he goes on loan we are guaranteed to be bringing someone in.

38 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Give me 2 or 3 players of quality and let's go. We're way beyond the need for half a dozen new faces to integrate, in fact it would be extremely detrimental. We certainly don't need an overhaul to challenge for Europe. 

No one is saying we need to overhaul the first eleven. I agree with 2 or 3 players of quality but as is we don't have a backup for LB. Our only spare goal Keeper gets injured looking at a football, Mings, Hause and Engels are all injury prone and so is cash. And it is unclear whether the staff trust guilbert. We could clearly do with some defensive depth even if none come into the first team. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

No one is saying we need to overhaul the first eleven. I agree with 2 or 3 players of quality but as is we don't have a backup for LB. Our only spare goal Keeper gets injured looking at a football, Mings, Hause and Engels are all injury prone and so is cash. And it is unclear whether the staff trust guilbert. We could clearly do with some defensive depth even if none come into the first team. 

I was about to make the sme post, budget depending of course.

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yep - there's every chance Cash/Watkins/Traore will improve a level the same way Targett/Konsa/Luiz/AEG/Trez did after having a PL season under their belts. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

No one is saying we need to overhaul the first team. I agree with one or 2 players of quality but as is we don't have a backup for LB. Our only spare goal Keeper gets injured looking at a football, Mings, Hause and Engels are all injury prone and so is cash. And it is unclear whether the staff trust guilbert. We could clearly do with some defensive depth even if none come into the first team. 

Hause was a LB when we signed him though I prefer him as CB cover and would be happy with more mobile LB cover

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think Luiz generally had a poor season but there's some goals we've scored with a ball played fast out of defence on counter and Luiz is playing the release ball that sets it up

I’ve watched a lot of Villa’s games this season and haven’t seen much of that. Villa should go in for Neves at Wolves and sell Luiz if anyone wanted him. 

It seems pretty clear that Barca and Real are in the deep dark financial merde: 

If we really want to be ambitious, how much to spring Vinicius Junior from Real? If we’re considering £40m for McNeil then I’d rather try for this lad for the same/similar money.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Ok so give me another forward as in a Buendia, a left back who can play in the centre and a backup keeper? Maybe a DM if you can find the right player to improve the first XI, but I don’t think that’s going to be as easy as people assume.

Let the players we have continue their development. If we get to January and we’ve any major injury concerns, dip the toe again. 

We all love a shiny new toy, but squad stability is massively underrated. 

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

We shouldn't go in for Neves he's one of the most overrated players in the league and no better than Luiz.

Was completely shite last season. I don't get it either

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

He's on £190k a week so it's not going to happen

Okay. It’s a wonder players are ever sold from clubs like Real to say, Everton, who clearly have a lower wage structure. 

He's been average for a couple of seasons now, it were less noticeable season before last like because of Moutinho's form who most Wolves will tell you when he was at his best was the much better player, but now Moutinho's age has caught up with him somewhat the Wolves midfield has been exposed for what it is. It's not that he's a bad player as such, but can be guaranteed that if we signed Neves wouldn't be long before people started complaining about him for exactly the same reasons they complain about Luiz.