Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Richarlison plays as second striker. Everton play 352 or 442. We don't. If you want to use Richarlison then I'll cite Traore career record at CF of 71 appearances 38 goals 11 assists. As Useless said that was mostly as second striker

Richarlison CAN play as a second striker or a striker or a wide player. He's versatile. That was clearly my point. We have nobody who offers us something similar. My point was that if we buy a striker it does not mean that they will be a bench warmer.

No matter how many times you mention Traore's record of goals when playing as as striker, it doesn't change the fact that all of those games were in the Eredivisie and Ligue 1. He is not and will not ever be an option as a Premier League striker.

If you're so happy for us to have Traore as a striking option then surely we'd need to replace Traore on the wing? Why not just stick with Traore in his best position and get an actual striker instead?

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

If we sell Davis I want a buyback clause or big sell on clause because personally I remain convinced there is a great striker in there. I know many don't so please don't bother replying, it's just my opinion. 

We need to be smarter about these kind of things anyway, we always seem to get suckered by them, about time we started profiting from them ourselves. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

If we sell Davis I want a buyback clause or big sell on clause because personally I remain convinced there is a great striker in there. I know many don't so please don't bother replying, it's just my opinion. 

We need to be smarter about these kind of things anyway, we always seem to get suckered by them, about time we started profiting from them ourselves. 

We'd be mad not to. That is something the old Villa would have done.

1 minute ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Rumour is Neves is being sold by Wolves for £35m. I know he’s likely off to a Champions League club, but that is a bargain and would be worth every penny just to see their fans reaction.

He hasnt done anything in the Premier League in the last 2 seasons, he has been a bit of a flop at this level considering the hype when he came up

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Richarlison plays as second striker. Everton play 352 or 442. We don't. If you want to use Richarlison then I'll cite Traore career record at CF of 71 appearances 38 goals 11 assists. As Useless said that was mostly as second striker

He also frequently plays as an inside/wide forward for them in a 4-3-3, this happened as recently as their home game vs Villa where Iwobi played on the other side. This is part of the point Okonokos is making.

• Thanks 1

Tammy will want to go somewhere to be the main guy. I don't see him coming back to Villa to play second fiddle here. He'll end up at Palace or Newcastle.

32 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He also frequently plays as an inside/wide forward for them in a 4-3-3, this happened as recently as their home game vs Villa where Iwobi played on the other side. This is part of the point Okonokos is making.

Exactly. He gives them options that we don't have. We should be able to play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 at any time if needed. It's all about having options.

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Tammy will want to go somewhere to be the main guy. I don't see him coming back to Villa to play second fiddle here. He'll end up at Palace or Newcastle.

You can Guarantee easy Watkins and Tammy both equal gametime next season, I just don't see a problem with obtaining Tammy if the club desire it.

Having both easy gives us plenty of options

3 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Like I said yesterday; Davis has already asked to leave once to get first team football. He will do that again this summer and I don't think the club will stand in his way. I don't want the club to stand in his way because at his age he needs to be playing every week.

Wesley will struggle to play consistently at a top level again; his injury was that bad.

Barry is 18.

Traore is not a striker.

All of a sudden we look very light up front then.

Source in Keinan asking for a loan? Somewhat irrelevant anyway because if we need him we need him. We have obviously retained him in the past.

You don’t know that for sure about Wesley - none of us do except the club. If he’s okay to go then he’s more than ample backup.

Barry and Traore can fill in it above two fail for whatever reason.

There you go, suddenly look very full at up front again ☺️

23 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sargent would be a Major signing. 

He could warrant an offer, Sir. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

No.

Even if Wes is up to being back up, we still need another as we do not know how he will perform.

Traore is not the answer and neither is Davis, with the latter possibly going out on loan or sold.

Barry is a year too early still.

Are you suggesting the club don’t have an idea of how Wesley will perform despite monitoring him on the track most days and giving him some exposure late in the season?

Davis can’t do a bit part role if required?

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

£35m for Wesley and Davis? I’d be very surprised if we’d get anywhere near that if we sold them. Even if we got £20m for Wesley, Davis isn’t a £15m player.

Given Wesley’s injury I can’t see a team taking a risk like that either.

We need to find a younger version of Watkins, but I just can’t think of a player that could do anywhere near the same role that he does. I don’t think that any of Traore, Wesley or Davis have the right skillset to do it.

Sure, no worries - let’s go spend another £15 million of our transfer budget this season on a speculative young ST who is no guarantee to be any better than Wesley or Davis so that if Watkins gets injured we have a backup.

Nailed it.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

According to Percy we want Buendia and want to get our business done early this summer.

This isn't aimed at you, it's what the article says... But who doesn't want to get their business done early?! These lazy statements are what journalism relies on these days. Every team in the country wants their business done early so they can settle in, gel etc. No one wants to leave it late, pay desperation premiums and miss pre-season. Unfortunately, that's not how business works.