Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair enough. Must admit, I’ve only seen him a handful of times but reminds me a lot of Ashley Young who I absolutely loved on the left wing for Villa. 

Going to be an exciting season either way mate. 

I'd love him here. Traore and Lookman on the wings, with Jack in the hole defenders won't know what to do it would be funny to watch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Anyone else think these last two results might make some potential signings pay a bit more attention to us?

Was thinking the same…and our earlier results in the season including thrashings of Liverpool and Arsenal.

It gives us extra exposure and shows we are capable of defeating and competing with the “top clubs”.

And we are only going to be stronger and better next season… it’s an exciting journey for players to join in on..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We don't need Tammy. We need a LW, cdm, RW in that order.

Then depth for our backline and then a striker. So like 8th priority

If Ollie gets injured or out of form we are screwed.  I’ve heard your argument and other saying the same thing but we have no idea on Wes re injury, Davis is not the solution. We lose our main striker for 10-15 games we lose a lot. I know your arguments against this but a striker is in the top 3 signings we need IMO.  Silly otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

If Ollie gets injured or out of form we are screwed.  I’ve heard your argument and other saying the same thing but we have no idea on Wes re injury, Davis is not the solution. We lose our main striker for 10-15 games we lose a lot. I know your arguments against this but a striker is in the top 3 signings we need IMO.  Silly otherwise.

We need a striker this summer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Toney would be perfect. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Absolutely, no sideways moves this summer I fancy, we're going big or sticking with what we have.

Agreed. Apart from being younger than AEG I don't think lookman actually has anything on AEG. If AEG goes to the EURO'S he'll be their scorer. 

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We don't need Tammy. We need a LW, cdm, RW in that order.

Then depth for our backline and then a striker. So like 8th priority

What if Watkins gets injured? 

I agree about the other points but another quality striker is a must. Davis isn't good enough and Wesley has a long way to go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

What if Watkins gets injured? 

I agree about the other points but another quality striker is a must. Davis isn't good enough and Wesley has a long way to go. 

Toney is the one I'd go for.  I can't see Wesley coming back to the required level. 

I think that striker is the hardest of our positioms to fill. It is very easy to say buy Tammy and put Ollie either left or right but thats not how Deano wants to play Ollie. And he has earned the right to be the first striker on the team sheet. Which makes Tammy a non starter. 

So you have to then look at a player who can play right amd left and then play up front if Ollie cannot play.

Ollie is so naturally fit. No hamstrings or calf pulls. No knee injuries . And it seems he has been like that for the last 5 years. He is a 40 game a season 90 mins per game player. So any top player we identify needs to be persuaded to join despite the possibility of not getting many minutes

As i said Its a hard job this summer in this position and Lange is going to have to earn his money for sure

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is the thing. We cannot rest on out laurels now, expect ollie to continually be fit without injury or needing a break of sorts. We need options to switch it up, especially in the final third. I'm all for keeping Wes but we still need further cover. I would prefer bringing in another CF and WF that can potentially play both sides. Add another at LB as understudy to targett and another DM, and also bring back Freddie. That's four incomings...promote Chuk and a couple more kids and we'll be in much better stead next season. Anything else would be a bonus.

• Like 1

Gk: emi, steer, onodi (assuming heaton is gone)

Rb: cash, guilbert, kessler

Lb: targett, NEW

cb: mings, konsa, hause, NEW

Cm: mcginn, luiz, sanson, nakamba, NEW, 

Cam: jack, NEW, carney

Wingers: traore, el ghazi, trez, NEW, JPB

cf: watkins, wesley, NEW

Sell/release: heaton, elmo, taylor, engels, barkley

Loan out: Ramsey, Davis

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I firmly believe we cannot just rely on Watkins. Its madness. I also don't want to have to play 1 striker. Switching to 2 at times, with 4 in the midfield, can help protect leads or give the defence more of a break. It asks different questions of our opponents. With a clever player like Jack behind 2 stikers, one of whom can pull wide, you can move fluidly from 4 3 3 to 4 4 2 and back again.

Just an example where getting Tammy, or another striker in, can work.

In other areas. Look, I'm delighted with the win and the progress in general. But it annoys me how little we keep the ball and more often than not it will hurt us.

NSWE are football savvy. They will be looking at things like that and wondering why we're so tactically stiff, wasteful and surrendering acres of space and possession. We're going to have to address that this summer if we want to improve again. No more accepting the opposition will have more of the ball. It will not enthuse Jack to stay either. He will want to be in a team that uses the ball intelligently, that retains it and gets it to him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I firmly believe we cannot just rely on Watkins. Its madness. I also don't want to have to play 1 striker. Switching to 2 at times, with 4 in the midfield, can help protect leads or give the defence more of a break. It asks different questions of our opponents. With a clever player like Jack behind 2 stikers, one of whom can pull wide, you can move fluidly from 4 3 3 to 4 4 2 and back again.

Just an example where getting Tammy, or another striker in, can work.

In other areas. Look, I'm delighted with the win and the progress in general. But it annoys me how little we keep the ball and more often than not it will hurt us.

NSWE are football savvy. They will be looking at things like that and wondering why we're so tactically stiff, wasteful and surrendering acres of space and possession. We're going to have to address that this summer if we want to improve again. No more accepting the opposition will have more of the ball. It will not enthuse Jack to stay either. He will want to be in a team that uses the ball intelligently, that retains it and gets it to him.

It’s certainly a pertinent point and the main thing we need to address during the transfer window and work on in preseason if we want to genuinely compete with the “big boys”.

I’m hopeful and positive that we will be able to solve this problem and our creativity problem (minus Jack) during the window, because it’s a capability we desperately need.

I look forward to the day we will be able to face up to the biggest competition/opponents and genuinely battle for domination of the ball and possession - every successful side has that ability. Rather than focus on defending stoutly and look for breakaways…

Too many of our players lack composure on the ball sometimes and are in too much of a rush to release it rather than hold on to it and look for an opening first.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

McGinn can be so frustrating and yet so delightful at times…

He’s great when he charges after players and often nicks the ball - that’s his greatest asset.

But, he is often slow and sloppy in possession and loses the ball too easily.

His attitude, determination and workrate are excellent and he is a great aid to the side when he’s on top form, but he has been inconsistent and is not that technically gifted…

What’s the solution? Time & coaching? Rest/rotation? (his game almost entirely depends on optimum energy and stamina levels)

Or should we upgrade and have him on the bench?

I wonder if Sanson will take over next season…

Edited by Jas10