Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

It won’t happen, but it's not like he has made any difference. So yes, why not.

His signings helped take us from 17th to 11th, with a 17 (possibly 20) point upswing.

26 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you honestly not see enough ability there to think it's worth persisting with him, and that if he can be coached to put it all together he could be an incredibly dangerous weapon for the club moving forward? 

I'm not saying he hasn't been incredibly inconsistent and frustrating, but surely you can see that he's a talented footballer? 

It's not the end of the world to have him as a squad player. I'd probably endorse it as I value continuity in the manager and general squad. I also think he like most other players will improve. He also has some abilities the rest of the squad don't have. 

But ultimately he wasn't good enough to be our first team winger when we bought him, and he isn't now. 

He's 25/26 years old, not a youngster.

Can't use his right foot.

Can't go wide, only cuts inside.

Incapable of defensive positioning and generally weak there. 

But he has the technical ability of a great five-a-side player and has some magical touches and decent left peg. I can see why people like him. 

Personally I think we looked a better football team with an in-form Trez than an in-form Traore. And neither of them are good enough for maintain a first team place where we want to be (or where we are for that matter). 

But to answer your questions... no I don't think Traore can be coached to lose those weaknesses. Some footballers are technically exceptionable, but so raw and without a defensive 'bone' in their body, some of these things will never stick. Nor do I think a player that after 25 years haven't learned to use his right foot will suddenly be able too. Maybe they can coach and limit the showboat passes, but that's just about it. 

Very talented man with a football, but a talented footballer? In this context I'd say not, but that's debatable. Can still be a great wild card and squad option for us mind. 

Would I sell him if we got our money back? Probably would yes. 

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

His signings helped take us from 17th to 11th, with a 17 (possibly 20) point upswing.

Well I don't think so. It's largely the signings from Smith's old battleground, the championship, and Smith's former club that's transformed us, so I'd say that's more Smith than a Danish super scout or whatever. But people will see that differently. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's not the end of the world to have him as a squad player. I'd probably endorse it as I value continuity in the manager and general squad. I also think he like most other players will improve. He also has some abilities the rest of the squad don't have. 

But ultimately he wasn't good enough to be our first team winger when we bought him, and he isn't now. 

He's 25/26 years old, not a youngster.

Can't use his right foot.

Can't go wide, only cuts inside.

Incapable of defensive positioning and generally weak there. 

But he has the technical ability of a great five-a-side player and has some magical touches and decent left peg. I can see why people like him. 

Personally I think we looked a better football team with an in-form Trez than an in-form Traore. And neither of them are good enough for maintain a first team place where we want to be (or where we are for that matter). 

But to answer your questions... no I don't think Traore can be coached to lose those weaknesses. Some footballers are technically exceptionable, but so raw and without a defensive 'bone' in their body, some of these things will never stick. Nor do I think a player that after 25 years haven't learned to use his right foot will suddenly be able too. Maybe they can coach and limit the showboat passes, but that's just about it. 

Very talented man with a football, but a talented footballer? In this context I'd say not, but that's debatable. Can still be a great wild card and squad option for us mind. 

Would I sell him if we got our money back? Probably would yes. 

Sorry but Bert has scored 3 goals (2 of which were worldies) with his right foot this season. 

It was also his offensive pressing that led to Ollie’s goal at Spurs last week. 

He also went “on the outside” of the defender to set up Ollie’s goal at home against Arsenal and his assist against Fulham. 

See what you want I suppose but there’s a player there that’s good enough and he’s learnt to adapt his game as the season has progressed. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well I don't think so. It's largely the signings from Smith's old battleground, the championship, and Smith's former club that's transformed us, so I'd say that's more Smith than a Danish super scout or whatever. But people will see that differently. 

As this is Lange’s first proper transfer window I’m willing to wait until it opens - or even until it closes - before writing him off as a failure who should leave.  

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry but Bert has scored 3 goals (2 of which were worldies) with his right foot this season. 

It was also his offensive pressing that led to Ollie’s goal at Spurs last week. 

He also went “on the outside” of the defender to set up Ollie’s goal at home against Arsenal and his assist against Fulham. 

See what you want I suppose but there’s a player there that’s good enough and he’s learnt to adapt his game as the season has progressed. 

That's fine. I also scored a few goals with my left peg. My last competitive match I scored a random volley with my left. Doesn't change the fact that I am absolutely awful with my left foot. 

Same goes for Traore. I've watched him play plenty. Anyone arguing otherwise are fooling themselves. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

As this is Lange’s first proper transfer window I’m willing to wait until it opens - or even until it closes - before writing him off as a failure who should leave.  

That's fair enough. I can get behind that. 

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Tuanzebe would be told he is being signed to fight for this place in the first team, starting as 3rd choice.

It's a much better option than fighting for his place at United at around 5 or 6th choice with no pathway into the first team.

You have to have other options for positions; if Konsa or Mings were to get a serious injury we are currently looking at Hause or Engels for months. Or if god forbid a team comes in with a huge bid for a player, it means we have another option ready to fit straight in.

I think Tuanzebe will be available this window for around £10-15 million and it's a signing I would be all over.

He's 3rd or 4th choice at United behind maguire, lindelof and maybe bailly. 

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It won’t happen, but it's not like he has made any difference. So yes, why not.

Sorry mate, but you're trying too hard now.

This is like

image.jpeg.b595b8a129c56e249b081d0d0325ef77.jpeg

Going out on your shield no matter what. lol

• Haha 1

Are we seriously in a place to say no to Rashica if we can get him for £10m-15m? This is a player that who was brilliant last season and that form made RB Leipzig, last seasons champions league semi finalists, try to sign him. He may not have had the best of seasons this year but we have seen with our very own Mcginn that it can take some time to get back to form after an injury, the guy needs a pre season to get back to his best. Anyone who seen him last season will know that he can offer us so much that we lack, he has pace in abundance, great finisher, brings the best out of other players, can create out of nothing and can play anywhere along the front line. Would be a good signing IMO and potentially at a bargain price. Would be a joy to watch him running on to through balls from grealish 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

This whole who signed who is getting tedious and is quite frankly a load of bollocks. Dean Smith and Christian Purslow have reiterated it many times that we have a system in place now that also consists of many analysts who report to Lange who in conjunction with Dean and Christian will make a calculated decision whether to bring the player in.

Just last season I saw a job advert for Villa recruiting analysts who were responsible for player recruitment and a whole lot of other jobs for analysts for player performance analysis. 

Our recruitment department and data analysis is growing. 

Its the suso thread over and over again 

The reality is no one knows what goes on inside the club, not even the papers, it's actually one of the good things about us but it gets spun in to another negative 

No one knows what lange is doing right now... Unfortunately there is a portion of our fan base who want to turn that not knowing in to "nothing" 

Its easy to say we should do this or we should do that, it's even easier to criticise when we don't, the problem is we will never actually know if we don't...there will be criticism of things we don't know and it's madness 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I’d sign him. 

I often shoot this down, but thinking about it, on a FREE, and pedigree wise, we could do much, MUCH worse.

Already knows the club and a section of fans still love him as well.

I'm guessing alot of fans would prefer Benteke on the bench, over current options?

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

You have to question why at 26 years old he is still playing in the Brazilian league.

Apparently he's had his Euro suitors but he just preferred to stay closer to home. I see no red flags in that. He's still just 26.

2 hours ago, KangarooVillan said:

it’s a fairly big ask for De Arrascaeta to seemlessly transition to the Premier League

I'm sure Villa wouldn't expect a seemless transition.