Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Would like us to get Chris mepham in as back up/ back 3 option.

still young, don't know if he fancies another season in championship, and won't be anywhere near the same money Bournemouth paid for him.

Engels I can't see playing for us again so cut our losses and replace.

Good lord no. He turned us down already, which is OK, but he's slow, gives too many fouls away, and is a very average player who would never challenge Konsa or Mings.

Engels will be gone, yes. Maybe Hause too, who treats the ball like an escaped Lion. Mepham is no better than either so I don't see the point.

May as well go for Axel.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Would like us to get Chris mepham in as back up/ back 3 option.

still young, don't know if he fancies another season in championship, and won't be anywhere near the same money Bournemouth paid for him.

Engels I can't see playing for us again so cut our losses and replace.

He cost Bournemouth promotion, he probably deserves another season after that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Good lord no. He turned us down already, which is OK, but he's slow, gives too many fouls away, and is a very average player who would never challenge Konsa or Mings.

Engels will be gone, yes. Maybe Hause too, who treats the ball like an escaped Lion. Mepham is no better than either so I don't see the point.

May as well go for Axel.

Would axel come here to sit on the bench ? No is my guess, he is also injured 1/2 of every season bar one season when he played for us.

We have a settled and good back 5, unless we are getting in a replacement for one of the starting 4 defenders, they will need to know they are back up.

We have pace at the back already, we have hause who looks half decent in his cameos.

Meopham is a better defender and footballer than hause.

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

'Absolute shit' 'Just another Trez' 'Lange should be replaced' 

Those are some impressive mental gymnastics you're doing there.

Correct on all two of three afaic, based on this season, though I'll admit his average performances has been more in the mediocre area than shit.

Still not worth the fee and an obviously wrong signing from the bat. Which I said and was right.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How have you been right? 😂 Traore has been involved in 13 goals in 35 games and has had no pre-season with his team mates

Kai Havertz has 13 goal involvements, played more games and cost about 4 times as much or Ziyech 

Because I've seen him play football. 

Hourihane and AEG also score goals and have/had assists, they were and are not the required quality either. 

You see if you actually watch the matches you realise that statistics are easily not the be all of team development. 

12 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Would axel come here to sit on the bench ? No is my guess, he is also injured 1/2 of every season bar one season when he played for us.

We have a settled and good back 5, unless we are getting in a replacement for one of the starting 4 defenders, they will need to know they are back up.

We have pace at the back already, we have hause who looks half decent in his cameos.

Meopham is a better defender and footballer than hause.

Axel might not come if we told him he's just going to sit on the bench. Most good players wouldn't, so why tell them that? I'm not a fan of the notion of a starting XI and a bench. It's not healthy. Every player should feel they have a chance of playing and should be good enough. Our main issue this season is the drop off in quality between the regular starters and the so called bench. We should only buy players who could genuinely be a starter now or soon.

I disagree that Mepham is a better defender than Hause.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hourihane and AEG also score goals and have/had assists, they were and are not the required quality either. 

You see if you actually watch the matches you realise that statistics are easily not the be all of team development. 

Doesn't mean you were proven right. If Smith had dumped him like he did Barkley then you might have a point

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think it's just him trying to convince himself more than anyone else tbf. Post smacks of fragile ego. 

Sometimes you have to take it on the chin. I thought Martinez was going to be a waste of money for example but these things happen 😂

• Like 2

Tuanzebe would be told he is being signed to fight for this place in the first team, starting as 3rd choice.

It's a much better option than fighting for his place at United at around 5 or 6th choice with no pathway into the first team.

You have to have other options for positions; if Konsa or Mings were to get a serious injury we are currently looking at Hause or Engels for months. Or if god forbid a team comes in with a huge bid for a player, it means we have another option ready to fit straight in.

I think Tuanzebe will be available this window for around £10-15 million and it's a signing I would be all over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like I'm the only one here against the signing of De Arrascaeta; although I admit I know nothing about him.

You have to question why at 26 years old he is still playing in the Brazilian league. Also South American players notoriously take at least a season to get upto full speed in the Premier League. We need players to come in and hit the ground running again next season.

I have no idea of his value, but if we can pick him up on the cheap like we did Sanson then it at least buys us time to get him up to speed over the course of next season.

32 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Required quality for what? 

Top 6? Top 4? Maybe not, but then we're still probably years away from them being a realistic target. 

I think Traore is very good for where we are and where we probably will be over the next couple of years. 

I bet there are a lot of clubs who'd have loved to have him. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure why Buendia keeps getting mentioned. Why on earth would Norwich sell him?

Agree, just doesn't make sense or fit into the way we do business under NWSE. If he was coming here, it would have happened last year imo.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Looks like I'm the only one here against the signing of De Arrascaeta; although I admit I know nothing about him.

You have to question why at 26 years old he is still playing in the Brazilian league. Also South American players notoriously take at least a season to get upto full speed in the Premier League. We need players to come in and hit the ground running again next season.

I have no idea of his value, but if we can pick him up on the cheap like we did Sanson then it at least buys us time to get him up to speed over the course of next season.

Too many players come to Europe and get ruined so young, he has moved country learned a new language already so should be already more mature

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He’s far superior to El Ghazi…

I would’ve gladly had us send both El Ghazi & Trez to Bremen in exchange for Rashica.

Err I don't think that's correct. One's a regular goalscorer in the hardest league in the world, the other is an average player for a relegated club. He's also become very injury prone.

Edited by Sulberto21