Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think his current wages at palace is on par with Jacks.

He would give us an edge in the air, bit I think that boat has left the harbour.

He was immense for us, but always being linked with a move to London for the life, I presume.....sadly for me, I remember his insipid offering at Wembley in that final and it won't go away.

No not for me.

Same 

He'd be a £100k+ a week passenger 

Wouldn't fit what we look like we're trying to build here 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I often shoot this down, but thinking about it, on a FREE, and pedigree wise, we could do much, MUCH worse.

Already knows the club and a section of fans still love him as well.

I'm guessing alot of fans would prefer Benteke on the bench, over current options?

Over Davis and possibly Wesley.....

• Like 1

Re: De Arrascaeta. I'm really intrigued by him and understand why others are too. I also understand why others urge caution.

Yes, we're judging from YT videos but what sets him apart is the sheer audacity of attempting the sorts of things he does, never mind executing them. You can't fake that.

It's rare ralent. Proper X Factor stuff. And that captures the imagination. This is entertainment to a degree, after all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I often shoot this down, but thinking about it, on a FREE, and pedigree wise, we could do much, MUCH worse.

Already knows the club and a section of fans still love him as well.

I'm guessing alot of fans would prefer Benteke on the bench, over current options?

The Benteke of the last 12/13 games was like the Benteke that left us. His all round game was solid. And he was scoring goals. As a short term filler option he'd be solid IMO. Depends on wages of course. 

58 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Benteke is playing for a new contract. As soon as he's signed that fir whoever, he'll go back to mugging it off.He's a lazy journeyman now, absolutely not what we need.

Had his shot at greatness, blew it, just going through the motions now. Villa had the absolute best of him.

I forgot to add this bit in my post.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Tammy clearly refusing to play against his new club. Not picked yet again.

Sign him up.

Hopefully he pops into the "wrong" dressing room to join the celebrations after that win!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Right Owners 400 mill pot of gold it is then thankyou very much, 200 mill each from you Wes and Nas and were all good to go 🤣.

Some good solid cash injection, some good solid spending and some good solid players coming in will see us transform and evolve like a Pokémon.

Villa I choose you!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

We don't need Tammy, sorry. We need a CDM. And a right winger.

Yes we do.  We need a CDM and a right winger too.  Tammy and Ollie give us so many options up front.  A front four containing Tammy, Ollie, Jack and an upgrade on Traore is a front four that gives us a chance of getting to the next level.  Tammy and Ollie play different roles so I think they could work really well together.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Anyone else think these last two results might make some potential signings pay a bit more attention to us?

Absolutely.  We lost 1-2 and 0-2 to City which is no disgrace.  We lost to Utd down in part down to two soft penalties - especially the first one.  Everyone will remember our win against Liverpool but we also only lost 1-2 in the rematch.  4 points against Chelsea. A win and a lose against Leicester and Spurs (again partly down to a very dodgy penalty).  6 points against Arsenal.  4 points against Everton.  Which only really leaves West Ham as the only team in the top half that we failed against.  We should absolutely be pointing that out to potential signings.  Hopefully it has turned around the atmosphere at the club too - always good to finish a season on a high.

I'm back in positive mode now.  Four really good signings, the addition of Carney to the main squad and a couple of squad signings and we've got the potential to really kick on next season.  Hopefully it will also help prove to Jack that we are worthy of another season!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Right Owners 400 mill pot of gold it is then thankyou very much, 200 mill each from you Wes and Nas and were all good to go 🤣.

Some good solid cash injection, some good solid spending and some good solid players coming in will see us transform and evolve like a Pokémon.

Villa I choose you!!

Nas is worth about 7 times as much as Wes, so that would be pretty crap for Wes...lol

• Like 1